Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #1457

Jack,

I know your right, but still a little nervous. I found a strange part in my Winnebago Via and after sending a picture they said it came from the slide and to get it to a service center RIGHT AWAY. Fortunately I only live 40 miles from Lazydays, but it sets in the shop for several weeks. I can't make it back to Elkhart (buying it from Total Value though) but I guess I am fortunate to be so close to Lazydays.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #1458

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Getting a little nervous here. I am scheduled to pick up my 33.2 in October, but all I keep reading is about the problems everyone is having. I guess that is the nature of the forum, but it is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. Tell me again how much you love your Palazzo.
I have had my 33.3 and have had no big issues just a few small things but I was able to fix myself, I haven't had slide issues or noises. We have 6000 miles on ours and love it, we are thinking about going full time in it. Our old coach was a 2012 coachmen mirada and it was a pice of junk every time we would get in the thing something would break, fall apart, and it loved to leak water, when I picked up my palazzo I did the walk through with the dealer and I also left the lot made them agree on letting me drive it for a hour and I brought it back and opened everything back up, made then fill the water tank and ran the pump to check for leaks and no issues, my water pump just went the other day and I replaced it called Thor and they are going to reimburse me money even though I am over my 1 year warranty date. Hope it puts you at ease some, I think the palazzo is a great choice when it comes to a rv
Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #1459

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Getting a little nervous here. I am scheduled to pick up my 33.2 in October, but all I keep reading is about the problems everyone is having. I guess that is the nature of the forum, but it is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. Tell me again how much you love your Palazzo.
We love our rig. Like others we've had our issues but Thor has come through on any repairs needed. We have not had anything to stop our going/ trips (knock on wood).
I look at the MH as my hobby. Always looking at it to fix/adjust what I find.
We try to take her out at least once a month. Use it or loss it is what I was told.
This is our second rv.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #1460

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We have not been able to use it enough is our main complaint. It has 7000 miles on it now after 10 months of ownership and no significant issues so I feel fortunate.

But I cannot stress enough the importance of a very thorough PDI to make sure not only that everything works but you know how to operate everything. Some of the questions and issues in posts I read on the forum (ok, including some of mine!) would not have been necessary with a detailed PDI. You have a step ahead of me as I did not have prior RV experience.

Also read both the Palazzo and Freightliner manual online before you go to pick it up. The Palazzo manual is lousy but it will help guide you on things to check and questions to ask.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
I push the knob on the radio and power is turned off. ???
Nope. The screen can be turned off with the knob but the electronics remain on. Jensen's manual shows two 12 V power leads, one switched by the ignition and the other on all the time. The latter probably retains the memory. Thor chose to power the unit with house batteries that are on unless placed in the store mode. As a result the unit is always on unless the house batteries are in the store mode. I intend to modify the power to the unit by introducing a relay controlled by the ignition. Then the Jensen unit will run if the ignition is ON or ACC.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #1462

Jim:

The slide racks are aluminum, not steel.

Frank Schaub
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #1463

Thor Owners Club
I am curious as to the need for a tire pressure monitoring device. I was reading about the Tire Traker TT-400C. Any feedback and suggestions about this or better ones on the market?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1464

Newmar Owners Club
Question

Perhaps a silly ? but the salesmen never showed us the storage under the dinette seats.

There is storage under there correct?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #1465

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
Perhaps a silly ? but the salesmen never showed us the storage under the dinette seats.

On our 33.1 we have a slide out compartment under one seat. Cushions are removed to access other.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post

On our 33.2. Both sides the cushions come off for storable. We store extra blankets
& air mattress in there
Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #1467

Evergreen Owners Club
the little orange lights on the top of the coach in front , there's 5 of them above the windshield well one is broken I must have hit a low branch .
what are these lights called so I can buy a new one

thank you
mike
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #1468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
the little orange lights on the top of the coach in front , there's 5 of them above the windshield well one is broken I must have hit a low branch .
what are these lights called so I can buy a new one

thank you
mike
I'd call them the cab clearance lights??
Old 09-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #1469

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
On our 33.2. Both sides the cushions come off for storable. We store extra blankets
& air mattress in there
Same on our 36.1. Under both cushions is a wooden platform. Lifting the wood revealed a good sized storage area and seatbelts for anyone wanting to sit there while we're driving.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #1470

Quote:
I have a 2013 Palazzo 33.2 and for sure love it. We got it October 2012. We have 19,958 miles on it. Have traveled in all road conditions (hills too) and this coach perform perfect. Plenty of power for us and great fuel economy. Have only checked that a couple times but both times over 10.

Now as to any problems. We have that t-shirt too. Our large slide gave us some problems. It did not quit on us and when I took it to the factory they fixed it. They also did a complete check on the coach. That was in March I think. I have had no problems since then.

I would think that with the problems Thor has had on the large slides that hopefully they by now are correcting this on the build line.

To think that you will not experience some warrantee issues with a new vehicle would be very optimistic. Every two years I trade for a new farm tractor. These tractor are $250,000.00 now. I always hate the first season on the new ones. I end up spending many hours with the service tech correcting all the small issues.

So do I think you should rethink your purchase. Not for a second!! We love our coach. We loved out previous coach and it was a Thor.
Closed Thread