Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1485

Texas Boomers Club
Reading the other posts I think I'll let some air out of my tires.

It kind of wanders some and I was thinking of a Safety Steer or something. But now that I think of it I have the 110 or so it came with.

I'll try 95 front and 100 rear for the next trip (if they ever get the big slide fixed) and see if that helps.

Thanks for the idea.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1486

Evergreen Owners Club
Any idea what the gen burns at full load. Thanks mike
Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #1487

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Reading the other posts I think I'll let some air out of my tires.

It kind of wanders some and I was thinking of a Safety Steer or something. But now that I think of it I have the 110 or so it came with.

I'll try 95 front and 100 rear for the next trip (if they ever get the big slide fixed) and see if that helps.

Thanks for the idea.
I. Just lowerd mine to 90 front and 103 back and it made a big difrence. Except when a big gust of wind came out of no where that was scary pushed me atleasr a foot plus over
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #1488

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
Any idea what the gen burns at full load. Thanks mike
I asked was told .4 at half load & .7 Gal full load per hour.

Not first hand exp.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #1489

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianjim View Post
Hello,
I've been reading this Forum for about 2 months after getting my Palazzo. I received a lot of good info and tips and thought it was about time to join.
We got a new 36.1 in June. A little confusing since a number of threads refer to 2014. My bill of sale states 2013.
Well, we love the DP, had a Class C before, would not go back. I think the Palazzo offers good value but there have been a number of annoying small issues to deal with. From reading this Forum, others have had the issues also.
I look forward to corresponding with everyone and sharing issues and solutions.

One issue that seems unlikely to be resolved is that on this site, under "Manufacturers, Thor". There are at least four Palazzo threads. How do you keep up with them?
Happy to be on board,
Jim Grove
Hi and Welcome! We all have our Palazzo "issues" but luckily, with the IRV2 site, we are not alone! It is all part of having a "giant rolling home"!!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
Any other owners care to state what tire pressure you set?
100 front & 105 rear, but I have been coming down from the 120 the dealer had all around. It has made a world of difference. From forum information, I lower and monitor tire wear etc.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1491

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post

Hi and Welcome! We all have our Palazzo "issues" but luckily, with the IRV2 site, we are not alone! It is all part of having a "giant rolling home"!!
Welcome aboard.
Hope to meet on the road!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #1492

Thor Owners Club
Oh happy day! Our Palazzo finally arrived today and we are planning to take delivery on Friday after they switch out the range to one with an oven.

I took a preliminary walk around the unit and noticed a few things that are different from what I've seen online. I noticed the water filter is missing in the wet bay. After a call to Thor, they confirmed that it was most likely not installed. I did find a filter and a white plastic wrench inside the black Thor manual bag. I checked under the sink, too. Nothing there either.

I was surprised to see how flimsy the fuel access door was. It is way too flimsy in my opinion. I can see the plastic lever opening and the door flapping in the breeze after a bumpy ride. On our 2014 Hurricane, the door is made of metal and closes much more securely.

The darker interior is not my favorite. Thor now offers only one furniture color (couch and dinette), in a slightly darker taupe. For some, this is ideal. I prefer a lighter interior, especially with the darker cabinets. The driver and passenger chairs have been shortened as to not interfere with the overhead bunk (in our Hurricane, you had to fold the seats forward and hold them down while lowering the bunk). I don't really love the dark brown center stripe they've now made standard decor for the front seats, but if I want a Palazzo, I've got to live with it as there are no other options.

I looked at the inverter bay and took some photos. I noticed the fan in the compartment was on. The coach wasn't running, but I had no idea if the inverter was on or not. I didn't want to mess with anything yet since I won't technically own it until Friday. I will certainly be more thorough then.

My list of questions just keeps getting longer. At least I know what the 'wet' and 'inverter' bays are, thanks you all you folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo Wet Bay.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	45364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo Fuel Door.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	45365  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo fan.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	45366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo Interior.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	45367  

Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #1493

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Oh happy day! Our Palazzo finally arrived today and we are planning to take delivery on Friday after they switch out the range to one with an oven.

I took a preliminary walk around the unit and noticed a few things that are different from what I've seen online. I noticed the water filter is missing in the wet bay. After a call to Thor, they confirmed that it was most likely not installed. I did find a filter and a white plastic wrench inside the black Thor manual bag. I checked under the sink, too. Nothing there either.

I was surprised to see how flimsy the fuel access door was. It is way too flimsy in my opinion. I can see the plastic lever opening and the door flapping in the breeze after a bumpy ride. On our 2014 Hurricane, the door is made of metal and closes much more securely.

The darker interior is not my favorite. Thor now offers only one furniture color (couch and dinette), in a slightly darker taupe. For some, this is ideal. I prefer a lighter interior, especially with the darker cabinets. The driver and passenger chairs have been shortened as to not interfere with the overhead bunk (in our Hurricane, you had to fold the seats forward and hold them down while lowering the bunk). I don't really love the dark brown center stripe they've now made standard decor for the front seats, but if I want a Palazzo, I've got to live with it as there are no other options.

I looked at the inverter bay and took some photos. I noticed the fan in the compartment was on. The coach wasn't running, but I had no idea if the inverter was on or not. I didn't want to mess with anything yet since I won't technically own it until Friday. I will certainly be more thorough then.

My list of questions just keeps getting longer. At least I know what the 'wet' and 'inverter' bays are, thanks you all you folks!
Would definitely push for the in-line filter. No idea why that missing.
I've had no issues with the fuel door.
The inverter fan in my opinion should not be running at all times. Mine does also.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #1494

The fan for the inverter runs all the time because the thermostat works that way. It closes and turns the fan on at about 100 degrees but doesn't cut off again until the temp reaches about 80 degrees. I unplugged my fan and will come up with a better thermostat. Are you looking for the inline filter in the right place. It is next to the water pump.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #1495

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
The fan for the inverter runs all the time because the thermostat works that way. It closes and turns the fan on at about 100 degrees but doesn't cut off again until the temp reaches about 80 degrees. I unplugged my fan and will come up with a better thermostat. Are you looking for the inline filter in the right place. It is next to the water pump.
And the water pump is where?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1496

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
The inverter vent fan was installed during our factory visit. Was told it should come on turn off by temperature. Forget what temp. Ours never turns off if there's any kind of power applied. You saying that's correct?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #1497

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
That's what I want to know, too. I took photos of the things in the bays but I don't know what all I'm looking at.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
On mine the water pump is located next to the water tank. In order for me to see the pump I had to remove a large black panel that hides the water tank. I left this panel off so I can view the water level in the tank v/s depending on the water level indicator.
Closed Thread