RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #1555
Junior Member
 
Rswakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagletim View Post
Well we picked up our Palazzo 33.3 today from Sunset RV near Tacoma, WA. It took a week longer than expected due to a slide repair. Sure glad it was identified during our test drive and repaired before PDI. Thanks to everyone on this forum, we were able to conduct a thorough PDI and identified a few punch list items that we'll work on during our first service. We ran into another couple that was picking up their 2014 Palazzo 33.3. Glad we'll have a few local owners to share some stories and good times with. We may need to have our own rally up here in the Pacific Northwest!
Rally in the Pacific Northwest I'm in.
We had are 33.3 for six months and love it. Spent the holiday week up in Ilwaco, Wa and Astoria, Or. Tell me when and where!!!!!
Rswakon is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1556
Junior Member
 
Texas61's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
I'm thinking of getting a window shade for the front window to keep the heat out. The drop down shade works okay but still tramps heat between the shade and the window glass. Has anybody had any experience with Magne Shade. They are expensive but seem easy to install once they have been fitted.

Iggy
2013 33.1
MINI Cooper Clubman S
FMCA & Good Sam's
We just ordered ours for the front windshield two days ago. It is supposed to be shipped out on the 16th. Can't wait to get it. The heat is brutal down here in Texas!! Actually, we were in Kansas and Nebraska last week and it was brutal there too!! The shade should make a huge difference!!
Texas61 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1557
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pearl River, La.
Posts: 856
[QUOTE=gmadams;1715668]No. You can install the magnets. I went to Mocksville to have the template made and had Roger do the install while I was there. It takes two people for the install of the magnets but after that it is a one man show. Very easy to put up and take down with no ladder or help.[/QUO

Hi Gary,
You said "easy to put up and take down with not ladder or help".
How do you get the shade up there without a ladder? We have been thinking about getting the shades too but it looked daunting in the pics to put up.
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CRV
RKNOLA is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #1558
Senior Member
 
jimbooth25's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sebring,fl
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagletim View Post
Well we picked up our Palazzo 33.3 today from Sunset RV near Tacoma, WA. It took a week longer than expected due to a slide repair. Sure glad it was identified during our test drive and repaired before PDI. Thanks to everyone on this forum, we were able to conduct a thorough PDI and identified a few punch list items that we'll work on during our first service. We ran into another couple that was picking up their 2014 Palazzo 33.3. Glad we'll have a few local owners to share some stories and good times with. We may need to have our own rally up here in the Pacific Northwest!
Congrats on your palazzo I too have a 33.3 looks like the 33.3 family is growing fast
jimbooth25 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #1559
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagletim View Post
Well we picked up our Palazzo 33.3 today from Sunset RV near Tacoma, WA. It took a week longer than expected due to a slide repair. Sure glad it was identified during our test drive and repaired before PDI. Thanks to everyone on this forum, we were able to conduct a thorough PDI and identified a few punch list items that we'll work on during our first service. We ran into another couple that was picking up their 2014 Palazzo 33.3. Glad we'll have a few local owners to share some stories and good times with. We may need to have our own rally up here in the Pacific Northwest!
Welcome to the family!
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #1560
Member
 
MikeAndPeggy's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
No. You can install the magnets. I went to Mocksville to have the template made and had Roger do the install while I was there. It takes two people for the install of the magnets but after that it is a one man show. Very easy to put up and take down with no ladder or help.
Where exactly are the magnets installed and why no ladder nor help is needed?
How much does the cover cost?
MikeAndPeggy is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #1561
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndPeggy View Post
Where exactly are the magnets installed and why no ladder nor help is needed?
How much does the cover cost?
The magnets are mainly along the top of the window. There are a few along the sides. All four corners have the magnets. A telescoping "cue stick" (for lack of a better term) fits into pockets that are used to position the shade for adjustment and to put the shade into place.

I don't have my bill with me so I'm going on my (feeble) memory. The cost for the windshield and the two cockpit windows, an upgraded "pool cue", a travel bag and installation was somewhere around $1000 +/-.
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
gmadams is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1562
Senior Member
 
jimbo2013's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,708
That is just silly over priced for the materiel and labor to make it.
__________________
Newmar Ventana 3933 | Miata close behind
1,060 Watts of Solar | 8 T-105 RE Batteries | Outback controls
HR 38 Endeavor
jimbo2013 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #1563
Junior Member
 
Texas61's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5
The windshield cover in black with black trim was $450. The aluminum rod for easy installation was $39 and the carrying case was $29. I think the overall wear and tear on the A/C's will be worth every cent. I'm already on my 2nd replacement A/C with less than 4,000 miles! They also have the covers for the two side windows at $195 each and the entry door window for $121. After all the research, I think Magne Shade is definitely the way to go since you don't have to drill holes or deal with self-stick velcro. I've read nothing but positive reviews on them and their customer service is incredible.
Texas61 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #1564
Senior Member
 
jimbooth25's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sebring,fl
Posts: 314
I am sore today from completely detailing my palazzo 33.3, it took 8 hours of washing, scrubbing, waxing, polishing, etc. looks like it just came from the dealer

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2826253386.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	461.5 KB
ID:	45593

I also did the jeep and my pickup

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-37905277.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	45603

It was a fun filled day, this time next week will be in the finger lakes of New York for wine tours and to go out and enjoy nature, treating a couple that are getting married in November this is their wedding gift.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1408569938.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	45590   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2110194852.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	530.5 KB
ID:	45591  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1445857636.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	45592   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-282627736.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	45594  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1694422261.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	45595   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1360224216.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	45596  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-699250750.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	45597   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2816046042.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	45598  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3143398228.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	695.0 KB
ID:	45599   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1765089512.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	714.2 KB
ID:	45600  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3473211340.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	627.7 KB
ID:	45601   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4093261386.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	45602  

jimbooth25 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #1565
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Palazzo Owners - What RV Clubs do you belong?

Now that we have a large population of Palazzo owners and there has been some attempts for us to get together I was wondering who belongs to what RV club. These RV clubs have one or more rallies each year and could provide a good venue to meet other Palazzo owners.

Currently we belong to the following clubs;

FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) National as well as regional rallies

TDC (Thor Diesel Club) 2 National rallies plus regional rallies (several of us are attending the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach April 2014)

FCOC (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) 2 National rallies following the FMCA rally and several regional rallies

Good Sam - I am an "Elite Member" because we purchased our coach from Camping World. We attended one national rally and I know they have regional rallies but I am not too interested at this point in attending Good Sam rallies.

TST (Tri-State Traveliers) regional chapter of FMCA specific to Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. This club has been in existence for 40 years and has about 80 coaches. They meet monthly (8 weekend rallies and 4 luncheons). My DW is Membership Chairperson so if you live in one of these states and are interested please let me know?

I have been investigating the "Diesel RV Club" (Diesel RV Club - Home) but I have not decided if they are just a duplication of what I am already getting from these other clubs.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #1566
Senior Member
 
jimbooth25's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sebring,fl
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Now that we have a large population of Palazzo owners and there has been some attempts for us to get together I was wondering who belongs to what RV club. These RV clubs have one or more rallies each year and could provide a good venue to meet other Palazzo owners.

Currently we belong to the following clubs;

FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) National as well as regional rallies

TDC (Thor Diesel Club) 2 National rallies plus regional rallies (several of us are attending the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach April 2014)

FCOC (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) 2 National rallies following the FMCA rally and several regional rallies

Good Sam - I am an "Elite Member" because we purchased our coach from Camping World. We attended one national rally and I know they have regional rallies but I am not too interested at this point in attending Good Sam rallies.

TST (Tri-State Traveliers) regional chapter of FMCA specific to Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. This club has been in existence for 40 years and has about 80 coaches. They meet monthly (8 weekend rallies and 4 luncheons). My DW is Membership Chairperson so if you live in one of these states and are interested please let me know?

I have been investigating the "Diesel RV Club" (Diesel RV Club - Home) but I have not decided if they are just a duplication of what I am already getting from these other clubs.
I belong to good Sam also a elite member, and to TDC, I would like to meet more palazzo owners but really have to plan things out to go to rallies, that's because of my job. But will look into the April one could be on our way home from Florida and would stop in.
jimbooth25 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1567
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
I am sore today from completely detailing my palazzo 33.3, it took 8 hours of washing, scrubbing, waxing, polishing, etc. looks like it just came from the dealer

I also did the jeep and my pickup

It was a fun filled day, this time next week will be in the finger lakes of New York for wine tours and to go out and enjoy nature, treating a couple that are getting married in November this is their wedding gift.
Sweet
Looks great!
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #1568
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Now that we have a large population of Palazzo owners and there has been some attempts for us to get together I was wondering who belongs to what RV club. These RV clubs have one or more rallies each year and could provide a good venue to meet other Palazzo owners.

Currently we belong to the following clubs;

FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) National as well as regional rallies

TDC (Thor Diesel Club) 2 National rallies plus regional rallies (several of us are attending the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach April 2014)

FCOC (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) 2 National rallies following the FMCA rally and several regional rallies

Good Sam - I am an "Elite Member" because we purchased our coach from Camping World. We attended one national rally and I know they have regional rallies but I am not too interested at this point in attending Good Sam rallies.

TST (Tri-State Traveliers) regional chapter of FMCA specific to Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. This club has been in existence for 40 years and has about 80 coaches. They meet monthly (8 weekend rallies and 4 luncheons). My DW is Membership Chairperson so if you live in one of these states and are interested please let me know?

I have been investigating the "Diesel RV Club" (Diesel RV Club - Home) but I have not decided if they are just a duplication of what I am already getting from these other clubs.
TDC, FMCA, FCOC, Good Sams, KOA.
We looked in to a few local clubs but they are only interested in short trips of 100 mile max.
Still looking.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.