Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #1569

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

TDC, FMCA, FCOC, Good Sams, KOA.
We looked in to a few local clubs but they are only interested in short trips of 100 mile max.
Still looking.
TDC, FMCA, FCOC, Good Sams. Don't know whether to get involved with any of the FMCA chapters.

The TDC rally next year will be our first rally although I hope to have a few hours at the Good Sam rally near Atlanta in October. I will be in Atlanta, not camping, and unsure of schedule. I expect there will be some Palazzos there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #1570

FMCA, Escapes, Good Sams KOA.

Haven't attended any rallies. Did drop by the Escapes group while in Quartzsite last January by accident. Parked on some BLM ground and got to talking to some people there. They invited me over to their campfire. Said everyone there was escape members. I said so am I. Lol. Had good time.

We have never traveled on much of a schedule. So most likely I won't attend any rallies.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #1571

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
I am sore today from completely detailing my palazzo 33.3, it took 8 hours of washing, scrubbing, waxing, polishing, etc. looks like it just came from the dealer
How does that color show or not show dirt & road grime?

We are thinking about orderng that color rather than the one of the other with black roofs
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #1572

Newmar Owners Club
Rallies are a great idea, but they are hard to organize across the US for strictly Palazzo owners.

Maybe you can look at the larger rallies and try and get a group of Palazzo parked together.

By the way anyone have an idea of how many are built?

How many roll off the line a month?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #1573

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post

We are thinking about orderng that color rather than the one of the other with black roofs
It seams to stay clean for a while it hides the dust but does show the blk steaks on the white part
Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #1574

Quote:

The roof is "white" on all the coaches, no matter what the color scheme is.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1575

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

I have a gold colored Lexus that does not show dirt and the Palazzo can be dirty but look good for the same reason. But my wife insisted on a dark blue CR-V and it looks filthy almost all the time.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #1576

Newmar Owners Club
Oh that's big difference then for the heat.

Now I have to tell my wife she can look at the colors again.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #1577

Thor Owners Club
We just picked up our 36.1 yesterday and while it has some issues that need addressing, for the most part the coach is pretty sound. The one thing I do not like is the couch. It is extremely hard and very uncomfortable. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The couch isn't the model with the built in air mattress. This one opens up and the air mattress is separate. It's as hard as a rock.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #1578

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
We just picked up our 36.1 yesterday and while it has some issues that need addressing, for the most part the coach is pretty sound. The one thing I do not like is the couch. It is extremely hard and very uncomfortable. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The couch isn't the model with the built in air mattress. This one opens up and the air mattress is separate. It's as hard as a rock.
Welcome aboard.
Our 33.1 couch is fine. Just ask my wife. She sleeps on it all the time. It's just to short for me, 6'3'.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #1579

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Got my first look at a 36.1 today at Oakwood, GA CW. Some likes but not enough to make me wish I had one, still prefer my 33.1.

I like the more enclosed battery compartment.

Neither the salesman nor I could figure out where the sewer dump for the utility bay is located. Looks like a dump line at the rear under the bathroom but it is higher than the lines from the tanks running through the utility bay. So it does not look like any way to clear the drain lines

I don't see the big deal about the windows. They are not flush, just lack frames, so I wonder about future leakage.

The two tone seats are worse than silly.

They also had 2 33.2. Both were 2014 but one had DEF tank on left and one had it on right.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #1580

Quote:
Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #1581

Thor Owners Club
We bought our Hurricane at that same CW in Oakwood. While we didn't necessarily have a bad experience there, I wouldn't buy from another CW ever again. We had several items that CW owed us and we had to take it to another CW.

The closest CW to us is in Hanover, PA. This particular location is sorely lacking in experience, having sold only trailers prior to becoming a CW less than a year ago. When we took our unit in for the owed repairs, they actually did more damage to it than they did to repair it. They tore the countertop away from the wall and left it at an angle, which then tore off the wallpaper. They gashed our kitchen cabinets in and scraped off inches of wood in other areas. It was a mess. They took no responsibility whatsoever. Luckily, the dealer where we bought our Palazzo offered to repair it as part of the trade. Never again.

This is the same, and the ONLY, dealership that will be representing Thor at the Hershey show. I had contacted this CW when I first started looking at the Palazzo. The salesman said he'd never heard of that model. Had no idea what I was talking about. He emailed me a week later to say he couldn't get a Palazzo for me and that they'd be pulling units from NY and NJ for the show. I shopped elsewhere but didn't have a choice when it came to the repairs owed by CW.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #1582

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
We bought our Hurricane at that same CW in Oakwood. While we didn't necessarily have a bad experience there, I wouldn't buy from another CW ever again. We had several items that CW owed us and we had to take it to another CW.

The closest CW to us is in Hanover, PA. This particular location is sorely lacking in experience, having sold only trailers prior to becoming a CW less than a year ago. When we took our unit in for the owed repairs, they actually did more damage to it than they did to repair it. They tore the countertop away from the wall and left it at an angle, which then tore off the wallpaper. They gashed our kitchen cabinets in and scraped off inches of wood in other areas. It was a mess. They took no responsibility whatsoever. Luckily, the dealer where we bought our Palazzo offered to repair it as part of the trade. Never again.

This is the same, and the ONLY, dealership that will be representing Thor at the Hershey show. I had contacted this CW when I first started looking at the Palazzo. The salesman said he'd never heard of that model. Had no idea what I was talking about. He emailed me a week later to say he couldn't get a Palazzo for me and that they'd be pulling units from NY and NJ for the show. I shopped elsewhere but didn't have a choice when it came to the repairs owed by CW.
Don't even TP from CW.
Closed Thread