Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #1583

Thor Owners Club
We just got back from our maiden voyage on our 36.1. I must admit that while I am very pleased with our unit, especially after having driven the Hurricane, I must say that there is definitely room for improvement on the Palazzo. It's a bit disconcerting that every unit seems to be built different from the next, with little to no consistency or reasons for it. So far we've only found minor issues such as the water not being turned on to the washing machine so we couldn't test it, sloppy exterior paint job, out of plumb shower door, and the shower fixture attached to the plastic lining in the shower, but not affixed to the actual wall. I'll try to post a video. The overhead bunk motor blew out during the PDI. Thankfully, I tested it twice. The first time it worked fine, but not such much the second time. I didn't care for the choice of awning color and design. It completely clashes with the exterior color of the unit and looks very mismatched. I can't help but wonder who makes these design choices. Do any of you have awnings that look as mismatched as mine does?

I really enjoyed driving the Palazzo and despite my reservations about my lack of DP driving experience, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled and how easy it was to drive. I still have a great deal to learn, but we made it home in one piece! My husband really liked it as well. We both hated the heat up front in the gas unit.

Last night, I hit the 'battery use' switch with my foot by accident, but didn't realize I had done so. We lost all power. We thought something had gone terribly wrong. The campground maintenance guys came over and switched out their breaker. Still no power. We sat in darkness for a few hours while my husband tried calling Thor (we were unaware there is no after hour assistance) and just about any other place we might seek out help. He was checking anything and everything. He pulled out all the manuals in the black bag. He went back out to the post and realized that the guys hadn't turned the breaker back on after replacing it. While that was definitely a step in the right direction, we still had no power. He then started looking around and accidentally hit that same switch by the door and viola!, we had power again. Needless to say, we felt extremely foolish, but laughed it off as a learning experience! LOL.

Now we're waiting for next weekend to attend the Camp Frieghtliner class. I think this will definitely put any of my lingering reservations to rest.

I want to thank all of you who have helped me with words of advice, encouragement and valuable information. It was advantageous to me and I can't thank you all enough for it. We're extremely happy with our purchase and can't wait to meet some fellow Palazzo owners in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Clashes.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	45706  
Attached Files
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Last night, I hit the 'battery use' switch with my foot by accident, but didn't realize I had done so. We lost all power. We thought something had gone terribly wrong. The campground maintenance guys came over and switched out their breaker. Still no power. We sat in darkness for a few hours while my husband tried calling Thor (we were unaware there is no after hour assistance) and just about any other place we might seek out help. He was checking anything and everything. He pulled out all the manuals in the black bag. He went back out to the post and realized that the guys hadn't turned the breaker back on after replacing it. While that was definitely a step in the right direction, we still had no power. He then started looking around and accidentally hit that same switch by the door and viola!, we had power again. Needless to say, we felt extremely foolish, but laughed it off as a learning experience! LOL.
We call this switch the "Joshie Switch" after one of our Grandsons who turned it off and we went through some of the same troubleshooting steps that you guys went through. Our switch is not easily bumped to the off position but after I found it turned to the "Store" position I started questioning all the Grandkids and Joshie owned up to turning off the switch. Lesson learned
Old 09-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1585

Gingerela, Where is your use/store switch located? Mine is on the overhead cabinets by the door. I gather that your switch is located much lower.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #1586

Thor Owners Club
It's located right as you step up into the coach, on the floor. I suspect that we'll be hitting that quite often! I'll post a pic.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #1587

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Our home base will be La Hacienda RV Resort just west of Austin in the hill country, La Hacienda RV Resort & Cottages

We have friends that live near by in Lago Vista, on a golf course . While visiting them a couple of years ago we found La Hacienda and talked with the owners about wintering at their park. From what we were told the park starts filling up with "Winter Texans" in October with lots of activities.

This past winter we spent almost a month in the Tampa Florida area and it did not appeal to us so we decided to give Texas a try this winter. We will be driving our car back to Ohio for Christmas and New Years to visit family and get some Doctor's appoints out of the way.

We have friends scattered around Texas and we plan on investigating other areas to decide if we want to make Texas our winter destination or maybe purchase something to make a more permanent move. We are not full timers and still have a home in Ohio so we could do our summers up north with the family.

There will be a lot of discussion and decisions to make this winter so lets see how it goes in Texas.

If you are anywhere near Austin October/November give us a shout and we could get together (PM me and I will give you my contact info).

Thanks!
Jack
We may be down there at that time. Got friends in Austin and San Antonio and Port Aransas is our favorite hang out.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #1588

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
We just got back from our maiden voyage on our 36.1. I must admit that while I am very pleased with our unit, especially after having driven the Hurricane, I must say that there is definitely room for improvement on the Palazzo. It's a bit disconcerting that every unit seems to be built different from the next, with little to no consistency or reasons for it. So far we've only found minor issues such as the water not being turned on to the washing machine so we couldn't test it, sloppy exterior paint job, out of plumb shower door, and the shower fixture attached to the plastic lining in the shower, but not affixed to the actual wall. I'll try to post a video. The overhead bunk motor blew out during the PDI. Thankfully, I tested it twice. The first time it worked fine, but not such much the second time. I didn't care for the choice of awning color and design. It completely clashes with the exterior color of the unit and looks very mismatched. I can't help but wonder who makes these design choices. Do any of you have awnings that look as mismatched as mine does?

I really enjoyed driving the Palazzo and despite my reservations about my lack of DP driving experience, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled and how easy it was to drive. I still have a great deal to learn, but we made it home in one piece! My husband really liked it as well. We both hated the heat up front in the gas unit.

Now we're waiting for next weekend to attend the Camp Frieghtliner class. I think this will definitely put any of my lingering reservations to rest.

I want to thank all of you who have helped me with words of advice, encouragement and valuable information. It was advantageous to me and I can't thank you all enough for it. We're extremely happy with our purchase and can't wait to meet some fellow Palazzo owners in the future.
Have no fear, we had the same "power failure" camping in the middle of no where.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1589

Thor Owners Club
Not that I'd want anyone to experience that sort of pseudo power failure, but I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #1590

This problem is not unique to Palazzos either. We had the same problem on our Winnebago the first night out. It was very hot and we could not get the A/C working. We were not experience enough to trouble shoot the problem right away. It made for an uncomfortable hour or so.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #1591

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Not that I'd want anyone to experience that sort of pseudo power failure, but I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones!
We too had the same power failure but I was able to get a hold of customer service. After a couple of minutes he asked about the use/store button. At that moment I remembered that the DW had pulled in the awning and didn't know which button it was. After a few seconds of laughter I told the Thor guy what we did.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #1592

Wait till you retract the rear slide while trying to turn on the hallway lights. Glad you are on your way of getting more quality time with your MH.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #1593

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Wait till you retract the rear slide while trying to turn on the hallway lights. Glad you are on your way of getting more quality time with your MH.
Done that to.
That first outing is always fun!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #1594

that awning color scheme is like ours and matches perfect with our folklore paint (carbon gray/silver motif. They gave you the wrong awning colors. As for the bathroom fixture... seems like the adhesive didnt bond very well. I would def adress these issues to Thor.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #1595

Thor Owners Club
My husband and I attended the Hershey RV show today. While we are not dealers, we accompanied friends who own an RV rental business.

We looked at the Palazzos while we were there. All the Palazzo's, regardless of paint color, were outfitted with the same gray and white awning! If those awnings had been retracted, those units would have looked as ridiculous as ours. I can't imagine the Cinnamon Shore with a gray and white awning.

I also sat on the sofa in the 36.1 model. It was right off the assembly line, just like ours. The sofa had normal, cushy seats. Ours are hard like a rock. There is nothing 'cushy' about it. I called Thor. They are going to research to see if there have been any changes in their sofa orders. Definitely not the same thing we have in our unit. Ours is more like a stiff board of wood with some light batting with a vinyl overlay. We noted the VIN number from the show unit and gave it to Thor to check on the difference between our sofa and that one. No word back, but I'll keep you all posted.

Regarding the ugly awning, I'm not really sure how to handle that. The salesman isn't going to give a hoot. I'm not sure Thor is going to either. I may just have to spend the $250 to replace the vinyl and do it myself.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #1596

Gingerela,
We are planning on going to the Hershey RV Show later in the week -- trying to pick a good weather day -- What dealer was present at the 'show' that had the Palazzo line on display? Leaving you a PM --
Thanks --
Closed Thread