Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #1611

Thor Owners Club
Have any of you purchased wheel covers for your Palazzo? Apparently the tire cover size does not correlate with the tire size. I was told it was based on the actual diameter of the tire. If you've purchased these, can you please let me know what size covers you have? Newbie here, remember?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #1612

Thor Owners Club
Or maybe the lights are halogen? Either way, the screeching noise is not pleasant. Must be something wrong then. I'll add that to the list.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #1613

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Have any of you purchased wheel covers for your Palazzo? Apparently the tire cover size does not correlate with the tire size. I was told it was based on the actual diameter of the tire. If you've purchased these, can you please let me know what size covers you have? Newbie here, remember?
Got a set from CW. Just measured the wheels and went by their chart.
The front is larger than the rear to cover the hub caps. Ordered black to match paint.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1614

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
seems that there are more 2013 owners are on the list, I wonder if the competitors have seen the value of the Palazzo concept and have pulled the 2014 shopper people away... I know Winnies have now drop down bedding... that we wanted but didnt have it at the time we were looking. Short diesel, residential appliance, lots of standard "luxury" features etc... competition is fierce out there.
Tiffin Breeze is another. I looked at one but was told by others it was underpowered for the weight. Believe it has 260 HP.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #1615

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Tiffin Breeze is another. I looked at one but was told by others it was underpowered for the weight. Believe it has 260 HP.
At the FMCA Rally I looked at the Tiffin Allegro Breeze Model 32BR (MSRP $203,217.00) and found that they trimmed from the Palazzo at every turn from the Navistar MaxxForce & engine 240 HP @ 620 Tq v/a Palazzo Cummins 300 HP @ 660 Tq, to the tires, 19.5 v/s 22.5, fuel, water capacities are less and so on.

I think if the average buyer stood these two side by side the Palazzo would win hands down. Tiffin may be trying to compete with the Palazzo but I do not see it. If you are already loyal to Tiffin then maybe you would buy the Breeze but if you were really comparing you would buy the Palazzo.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #1616

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
I was worried about 300HP not being enough for a 36ft coach (our first diesel). But once I learned and understood the transmission and the use of the up/down gear range buttons along with the engine break it was fine.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #1617

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

I think if the average buyer stood these two side by side the Palazzo would win hands down. Tiffin may be trying to compete with the Palazzo but I do not see it. If you are already loyal to Tiffin then maybe you would buy the Breeze but if you were really comparing you would buy the Palazzo.
Been there done that, Palazzo wins
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #1618

The only current direct competitor will now be the new Winnebago/Itasca Solei. Some of the things I think Thor will need to step up to deliver:

- power driver and passenger seats
- LED lighting
- the horsepower - Winnie will be 340 HP
- roller shades on side windows
- slideroom locks
- LED lighting on the awning

I think the Thor can maintain the edge if they do some feature updates to stay current.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #1619

The wife and I just purchased a 2013 palazzo 33.3 (we are rookies) any advise on the 50 amp surge protector and if anyone has had the hard wired installed? We are looking at the progressive industries unit hard wired with volt protection...any advise you experienced Thor users can recommend....WE Would love it! Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #1620

I have the progressive surge protector on my 33.2 and have had no problems with the unit. I especially like the monitor.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
The wife and I just purchased a 2013 palazzo 33.3 (we are rookies) any advise on the 50 amp surge protector and if anyone has had the hard wired installed? We are looking at the progressive industries unit hard wired with volt protection...any advise you experienced Thor users can recommend....WE Would love it! Thanks
First off, Welcome to the Palazzo family!

We purchased a non-hardwired surge protector for our last coach and we are still using it on our new coach. If it ever fails we will replace with a hardwired model. I would never plug into anything power source without using a surge protector
Old 09-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #1622

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
The only current direct competitor will now be the new Winnebago/Itasca Solei. Some of the things I think Thor will need to step up to deliver:

- the horsepower - Winnie will be 340 HP
The 300hp can be re-programed to a 340hp, same engine.

But the MPG will drop a bit I think, further do you need more hp.

I only test drove it but it had plenty of power I thought.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
I put one in under the bed where the transfer switch is located (via metal brackets I made). I wired it so that that it protects against shore and generator surges/drops (after the transfer switch). I mounted the remote display on the side of the bed facing the hallway so I can see the status on all the time... Its a great way to know what is happening with the incoming power as well as the load it is using. Glad I spent the money on this one... BTW, on my unit, I existing cable was long enough to attach the suppressor without adding new cable.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #1624

I mounted mine under the bed also but wired it up before the transfer switch. Seeing that the generator has its own voltage and frequency protection I did not see a need for double protecting the generator and leaving the transfer switch vulnerable to surges. Personable preference.
Closed Thread