Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #1625

I had mine hard wired in the bed compartment also. I had my electrician wire mine up because I'm electricity challenged. Not sure if mine is before or after switch. What I do know is that I have a longer delay to get power to the coach when I use shore power than I have when I use the generator.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #1626

We had ours installed in the cabinet under the TV (we have a 33.1) when we bought ours. Like the previous post I'm electricity challenged so don't know if it is before or after the switch.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #1627

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post

The 300hp can be re-programed to a 340hp, same engine.

But the MPG will drop a bit I think, further do you need more hp.

I only test drove it but it had plenty of power I thought.
Increased HP may need transmission upgrade.
There is plenty of power until on a very long stretch of 7% or more grade.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
The only current direct competitor will now be the new Winnebago/Itasca Solei. Some of the things I think Thor will need to step up to deliver:

- power driver and passenger seats
- LED lighting
- the horsepower - Winnie will be 340 HP
- roller shades on side windows
- slideroom locks
- LED lighting on the awning

I think the Thor can maintain the edge if they do some feature updates to stay current.
My local Fleetwood dealer got a new 2014 Excursion model in...a 33D. It is on the same chassis as the Palazzo 33.x, same engine, etc. I only live 2 miles from the dealer and went home to get the wife as I REALLY liked this floorplan....it took the wife an hour to get ready, etc. When we returned the 33D was on the ready line, being prepped for the new owner....they had this 33D one day!

My local Thor dealer is CW, fifty miles from me. We came very close to buying a 33.1 last year, but I became concerned with the QC problems Palazzo owners were/are reporting....major slide issues and poor workmanship. These were reported on several Thor mh, not just Palazzo. I also read, happily, that Thor is stepping up and doing great repair on these units. Taking a mh to northern Indiana for several days for a repair would not be a fun trip for me.... I also read that it seems Thor has upgraded the slide motors and hardware and perhaps has cured the problems. I hope so.

As we continue to shop, our '99 Bounder is running like a hose and we love the old guy....
Old 09-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post

My local Fleetwood dealer got a new 2014 Excursion model in...a 33D. It is on the same chassis as the Palazzo 33.x, same engine, etc. I only live 2 miles from the dealer and went home to get the wife as I REALLY liked this floorplan....it took the wife an hour to get ready, etc. When we returned the 33D was on the ready line, being prepped for the new owner....they had this 33D one day!

My local Thor dealer is CW, fifty miles from me. We came very close to buying a 33.1 last year, but I became concerned with the QC problems Palazzo owners were/are reporting....major slide issues and poor workmanship. These were reported on several Thor mh, not just Palazzo. I also read, happily, that Thor is stepping up and doing great repair on these units. Taking a mh to northern Indiana for several days for a repair would not be a fun trip for me.... I also read that it seems Thor has upgraded the slide motors and hardware and perhaps has cured the problems. I hope so.

As we continue to shop, our '99 Bounder is running like a hose and we love the old guy....
If u read all the Palazzo post on the slide issues you will notice very few if any issues on the 33.1. It has the smaller slide. Might be hard to find one still around as I think they have discontinued that model.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #1630

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Increased HP may need transmission upgrade.
There is plenty of power until on a very long stretch of 7% or more grade.
The engine produces 660 foot pounds of torque and that is what makes the difference compared to a gas engine. I brought mine back from NC on the WV Turnpike. Passed every gasser on the hills. I am happy with the engine and tranny. Tranny is smooth.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndPeggy View Post
I have some more information from Emerson - the manufacturer of the Thermodisc in the inverter cabinet.
The printing on the side of my Thermodisc is
36T22 561887 F40-15C S1217.
36T22 is the form factor (meaning it's a surface mount OFF/ON switch,
normally OPEN (i.e. switch is normally OFF),
and will CLOSE (i.e. switch ON) when the temp rises;
561887 is Emerson's part number;

F40-15C specifies it's a fan controller (i.e. F),
the 40-15C is the circuit CLOSE temp and temperature differential spec.
When the temp rises up to or over 40 celcius (or 104 fahrenheit) the circuit will CLOSE which allows the fan to run.
When the temp drops down to or below 25 celcius (i.e. 40 minus the 15c differential) (or 77 fahrenheit) the switch will OPEN thereby cutting off power to the fan.

S1217 is Emerson's location code for place of manufacture. S1217 = made in China.

That temp range should be OK but for some reason (as I had previously posted) the fan ran all night even though the temp fell well below 60. I finally had to disconnect the Termodisc to stop the fan from running.

I was sent a replacement Thermodisc with the same specs but a different manufacture location code. I'll give it a try and report back.
Maybe my original disc was bad.

I have the same problem, it is the temperature range on and off need to look at sas-45a or sas-50a bi mental thermostat.
on at 113 off at 86, or on at 122 off at 95.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #1632

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by et_ky View Post

I have the same problem, it is the temperature range on and off need to look at sas-45a or sas-50a bi mental thermostat.
You guys are talking Greek to me. All I know is my fan runs all the time any kind of power is on the coach.
I call Thor yesterday and talked to the tech. They are awhile of the issue. Said they will send me the correct therm switch.
We will see what I get.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #1633

Inverter fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
You guys are talking Greek to me. All I know is my fan runs all the time any kind of power is on the coach.
I call Thor yesterday and talked to the tech. They are awhile of the issue. Said they will send me the correct therm switch.
We will see what I get.
Did your MH come with this fan? Mine did not ( off line date 04/30/2013 ) I wander if I need to contact Thor? Whats your thought? Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #1634

I ment 04/30/2012
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
If u read all the Palazzo post on the slide issues you will notice very few if any issues on the 33.1. It has the smaller slide. Might be hard to find one still around as I think they have discontinued that model.
You are correct, Thor discontinued the 33.1. For our needs, it was our favorite and I don't understand their motive. It seems to me, it was a great entry level DP for two people, like the wife and I. I think that the FW Excursion 33D would now be our choice if we buy another motorhome. One reason is the Fleetwood dealer is two miles from me and is a quality dealer.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #1636

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

We will see what I get.
I contacted Thor and I have the correct thermostat and mine runs a lot. They are looking into this and hopefully they will come up with a better thermostat that we can receive.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #1637

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by et_ky View Post
is this the rite one

1 2" Bimetal Disc Thermostat 45 Deg C Auto Reset Close on Rise Made in Korea | eBay

I will buy one for the few $ . Thor has been working on getting me one for the last 3 week's and I just got a call today saying nothing as of yet .

thank's mike
Old 09-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #1638

Evergreen Owners Club
So I went and started the coach and on the dash bored screen it said " low voltage " the coach has only sat for 9 day's with all power off .
It started fine but I wandered why the low volt showed up ?
any idea's ?

thank's
mike