Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #1639

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
So I went and started the coach and on the dash bored screen it said " low voltage " the coach has only sat for 9 day's with all power off .
It started fine but I wandered why the low volt showed up ?
any idea's ?

thank's
mike
Did it go out after 15 seconds. Mine will start out low then jump up to 13 or so volts. I think you have to let it go to higher bolts before you can run the jacks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #1640

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went to the Hershey rv show this evening( wendsday) looked at the new palazzos and just don't like the seats in the front and the fabrics they are using but am waiting to hear if I can get my windows switched out to the frameless ones. Also looked at some extras I may be purchasing for my coach. On the way out I saw a palazzo in the parking lot was going to wait for the owner to say high but needed to get home, in the middle or a remodel and the countertop guys were a hour early. But came to the conclusion that all the other units out there just really do not compet with the palazzo.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #1641

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Did it go out after 15 seconds. Mine will start out low then jump up to 13 or so volts. I think you have to let it go to higher bolts before you can run the jacks
yes it went out pretty quickly once i started the motor
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #1642

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
I went to the Hershey rv show this evening( wendsday) looked at the new palazzos and just don't like the seats in the front and the fabrics they are using but am waiting to hear if I can get my windows switched out to the frameless ones. Also looked at some extras I may be purchasing for my coach. On the way out I saw a palazzo in the parking lot was going to wait for the owner to say high but needed to get home, in the middle or a remodel and the countertop guys were a hour early. But came to the conclusion that all the other units out there just really do not compet with the palazzo.
What kind of extras? I bought a TPMS today but didn't find much of anything else I was looking for.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #1643

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Was looking at satellites, a better breaking system for the toad, and just things I might need/ use, but did not get anything, I find better deals on stuff on the Internet so I will keep looking. Also want to get aluminum wheels for my 33.3 and get rid of the simulators, I don't like them.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1644

Gingerela,

Can you give me that contact persons name. I have a Black Canyon coming off the line in about two to three weeks. I want that awning fixed.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #1645

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

yes it went out pretty quickly once i started the motor
It is normal. You can run high idle to shorten time.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

My 33.2 stays at "low voltage" for exactly 30 seconds upon starting the engine, then the alternator "comes alive" and all is well from that point forward, registering over 13 volts. I haven't pursued this with Freightliner, but will if this behavior changes. Please keep us all posted with your experience.

Thanks,
Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #1647

Thanks Gingerela! I am going to contact my sales rep that happens to be in Elkhart, In and make sure he understands I am not taking delivery of my coach with a blue grey awning on it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1648

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Thanks Gingerela! I am going to contact my sales rep that happens to be in Elkhart, In and make sure he understands I am not taking delivery of my coach with a blue grey awning on it.
Just sent you a message.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #1649

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
I would have done the same had I known beforehand. Oversights such as this really bother me. This is a biggie. How is it that no one caught this?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post

I would have done the same had I known beforehand. Oversights such as this really bother me. This is a biggie. How is it that no one caught this?
I guess their 200 point inspection was under UV lights in the factory and not in sunlight where it becomes apparent?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #1651

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
I guess their 200 point inspection was under UV lights in the factory and not in sunlight where it becomes apparent?
LOL!
They probably do their inspection the same way I did mine:
Awning: Goes out - yup
Awning: Comes in - yup
Next ..

As for color. I'm not sure. It might be tan. I'm pretty sure it is not black. When it is out all the way I don't see the top. Now that my curiosity has been raised someday I will check the color. I think there is a color variation on the inner part.

Speaking of color - I think it is really amusing that Thor recognized the sale value of the Cinnamon Shore by putting a Palazzo in that color on their primary website, but now that color is not even available on 2014 models!
Check 2014 Palazzo Motorhomes: Class A Diesel RV by Thor Motor Coach
Looks like Gingerla should have the website design job too!

Of course I am not prejudiced in any way about the Cinnamon Shore color scheme and believe diversity makes us stronger.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #1652

Gingerela writes: The Fleetwood sales folks speak very poorly of the Palazzo in an attempt to promote their Excursions. I couldn't help but notice the extremely dark colored interiors of all the Excursions on the lot. Each and every one had a black interior, from the furniture to the walls. Not sure what that's all about, but it was not at all attractive. The finish wasn't all that either. I wasn't impressed, but then again, maybe there is something beneath the build that I'm not aware of that makes it all that and a bag of chips. What do I know.

A nice write up on your Hershey RV show trip. I have seen two 2014 Fleetwood Excursions...a 33D and a 35B. Both had the black interior but there are three interior color options on the Fleetwood web site. I liked the black but the wife did not...the 35B is on the longer wheel base, 242" I think. As said before, we really liked the Palazzo 33.1 and was surprised when it was discontinued...while there is just the wife and I, with the optional overhead bed, it could sleep a number of folks...the slide problems bug me...as mentioned, it seems the 33.1 has fewer problems than the models with longer slides. I also was surprised when it took Thor a long time to change out the hardware to possibly cure the problem. I know all RVs have their problems....again, a good write up.
Closed Thread