Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMChad View Post
Hi Everyone -- I am considering purchasing a Palazzo but have not found one to look at yet. My family of 4 (kids are 7 and 8 years old) spent 80 days in a 5th wheel last summer visiting 8 national parks and 10 states. We are considering a year RV'ing trip to explore the history of the US. I am debating between a Winnebago Adventurer bunk model (it is a gaser, not diesel, but has been recommended by several people who had an Adventurer who switched to diesel but still like the Adventurer more) and the Palazzo bunk model. Less engine noise, higher cargo carrying capacity, "reasonable" price for a diesel, and floorplan are all compelling for the Palazzo.

If anyone is in or coming through Colorado near Denver or Colorado Springs, and willing to showoff your Palazzo, I would be glad to meet you. Seeing one would help make the decision. Also, I am looking for RV shows in the Spring that might have a Palazzo in the area -- if you know of one, please let me know.

Thank you,
-Chad
Did you get ever get to do this trip? Our family is looking to do the same?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #1724

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Has anyone installed pull down sun shades for the driver and passenger side windows ? And, if so, do the shades/roller assembly not interfere with the side shades that are already in place installed as original equipment from Thor? Any help would really be appreciated !
We installed the exact shades that are throughout the remainder of the coach (daytime/nighttime shades) in place of the accordion type shades that came standard. We love them!! They changed the whole look and they are just easier to maneuver. They helped a lot with the daytime heating. My husband installed the power switches in the dash, so it looks factory. I'm surprised that Thor didn't just go ahead and install them to begin with. The accordion ones just seemed cheap and flimsy and never worked very well. Since the windows aren't square, there is a small area near the windshield that isn't covered but you can't even see it from the inside. We just made some dark colored inserts that fill in the spot to prevent sun from coming in.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #1725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas61 View Post
We installed the exact shades that are throughout the remainder of the coach (daytime/nighttime shades) in place of the accordion type shades that came standard. We love them!! They changed the whole look and they are just easier to maneuver. They helped a lot with the daytime heating. My husband installed the power switches in the dash, so it looks factory. I'm surprised that Thor didn't just go ahead and install them to begin with. The accordion ones just seemed cheap and flimsy and never worked very well. Since the windows aren't square, there is a small area near the windshield that isn't covered but you can't even see it from the inside. We just made some dark colored inserts that fill in the spot to prevent sun from coming in.
What product and from what source did you purchase your shades? Is there a manual version available?

Thanks !
Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1726

I have been lurking on this site for several months. Great support.
My Wife and I just purchased a 36.1 at Hershey and it should be delivered in late October.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
My Wife and I just purchased a 36.1 at Hershey and it should be delivered in late October.
Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #1728

We just ordered a new 2014 33.3 model at the Hershey RV Show. We can't wait to pick it up in early December. We plan to take a long trip this coming summer during my sabbatical.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas61 View Post
Texas61
Just left you a PM Thanks !
Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #1730

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
We were there this weekend with friends and they bought one too
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #1731

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper7 View Post
We just ordered a new 2014 33.3 model at the Hershey RV Show. We can't wait to pick it up in early December. We plan to take a long trip this coming summer during my sabbatical.
Congrats hope you enjoy it as much as we are ours, welcome to the palazzo family
Old 09-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1732

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Congrats and welcome to the palazzo family
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #1733

Quote:
Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #1734

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Welcome aboard!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #1735

Howdy from Texas.

We love our coach!!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #1736
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Quote:
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread