Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #1849

Travel Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
What about the travel bar? Do you use that to keep it pulled in? Some people use more than one.
I use the travel bars to keep the slide more stable while traveling. I believe it helps remove torque from the whole coach as we travel on America's wonderfully smooth highways. LOL

BTW: if anybody is looking for a new 2013 33.1, Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI has one on their lot as of 9/25/13. I bet it could be purchased for about $130K - it's priced at $134+K.

Iggy Konrad
2013 33.1
TDC
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #1850

Newmar Owners Club
With such a left over it will take two years depreciation as soon as it leaves the lot.

A '14 can be had for $140 including all current upgrades as in slides etc.

Just a thought
Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #1851

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Left Thor Customer Service yesterday morning after having some work done to fix a water leak and they did a great job. In addition the service manager, Steve, told me that the tech (Josh) inspected my slide and did a couple of things, changed a roller and shimmed the slide because he said it was not sitting square in the slide opening. So far as I was concerned the slide was working just fine but to my surprise it works better, smoother, and it closes much tighter against the side of the MH, Happy, Happy, Happy!

By the way I have been out of warranty for 3 months and my bill was zero! All of the folks at Thor Customer Service are great!
how much space between slide and coach walls when closed .
on one of my slides it's about a 1/4 inch and on the other slide about a 1 inch space , I would think they can adjust the slide with a 1 inch gap ?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1852

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

on one of my slides it's about a 1/4 inch and on the other slide about a 1 inch space , I would think they can adjust the slide with a 1 inch gap ?
The only thing between my slide and the wall is the compressed seal. I don't know about the larger slides but for my 33.1 an inch gap would be unacceptable. I would think it would be a potential rain leak problem and a mismatch that could affect slide operation. It was something I looked at carefully on my PDI to ensure a tight seal.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #1853

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The only thing between my slide and the wall is the compressed seal. I don't know about the larger slides but for my 33.1 an inch gap would be unacceptable. I would think it would be a potential rain leak problem and a mismatch that could affect slide operation. It was something I looked at carefully on my PDI to ensure a tight seal.
big gap little gap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	46701   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment (1).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	46702  

Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #1854

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
I have a 2014 36.1 and this is exactly what mine looks like. There is a much larger gap on the bottom front corner , then on the top front corner of my full wall slide. Does it rattle when you're driving? Do you have to retract it an inch or two and then bring it back in to stop the rattle? If so, you might have the same issue as mine. The motor on yours may have suffered the same fate.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1855

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I have a 2014 36.1 and this is exactly what mine looks like. There is a much larger gap on the bottom front corner , then on the top front corner of my full wall slide. Does it rattle when you're driving? Do you have to retract it an inch or two and then bring it back in to stop the rattle? If so, you might have the same issue as mine. The motor on yours may have suffered the same fate.
it seem's solid in and out , im hoping it just need's adjusting
Old 09-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #1856

First 30 Days

I have owned my 2014 33.2 for 33 days now and have only been able to use it for 7 of the 33 days. Returned coach to the purchasing dealership because the leveling jacks would not fully retract, propane leak in holding bay, noise from engine compartment. After it sat for over a week before a so called tech looked at it they determined that the leveling jacks pump was faulty and had to order a new one. Lippert is out of stock on the pump and not expecting any in house to ship until Oct 1st. Propane leak is a faulty regulator. Dealership said that the engine noise was a chassis issue and I would have to take it to Freight liner. Freight liner determined that the A/C compressor was causing the noise and they had to replace it, of course they don't have one in stock and it had to be ordered. At least I am not reporting in with slide issues not yet anyway.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #1857

Newmar Owners Club
I bought a new home 9 months ago, have 1 year warranty, I had about 30 items that needed to be worked on.

When it's new this type of stuff is normal, it sucks but it's the same with most things.

Kind of a shake down cruise
Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #1858

Well, I didn't even make it one week before my slide crapped out. Should have listened to my gut on this one. What a pain in the rear. Hopefully CW of Spartanburg can get it fixed quickly. Ruining Homecoming weekend at Clemson for me. I noticed the slide was not perfect when I first saw the coach, and should have insisted it be fixed before delivery. Sure Hope Thor steps up and makes it right!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #1859

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptschlep View Post
Well, I didn't even make it one week before my slide crapped out. Should have listened to my gut on this one. What a pain in the rear. Hopefully CW of Spartanburg can get it fixed quickly. Ruining Homecoming weekend at Clemson for me. I noticed the slide was not perfect when I first saw the coach, and should have insisted it be fixed before delivery. Sure Hope Thor steps up and makes it right!

Is your motorhome the Palazzo or Ace (29') ? Do you have a full wall slide that malfunctioned? Is the slide mechanism on your coach the Lippert/Schwintek?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #1860

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptschlep View Post
This is the way that the service advisor at the Colfax CW told me about how they operate:
  1. Make an appointment to bring in the MH for warranty work
  2. Anywhere from 1 to more than 5 days later I drop off the MH and they write up the ticket for warranty repairs.
  3. The ticket goes to the bottom of the warranty ticket stack. Once it gets to the top the tech looks at what the problem is and informs the warranty clerk about what he sees.
  4. The warranty clerk submits the paperwork to the manufacturer.
  5. The manufacturer says that yes (or no) as to the warranty work and the warranty clerk puts the paperwork at the bottom of claims submitted.
  6. Once the submitted claim gets to the top of the stack, the tech gets the OK to repair the MH.
This process is what they do at Colfax according to what I was told by the service advisors. It can take anywhere from two weeks or longer to get a simple warranty item repaired and Lord help you if parts are needed from the manufacturer and they do not have them in stock.

Good luck with your warranty issues and I hope that your CW is better than the one I have used.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #1861

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For those in the SE if you get frustrated by your local service center, Augusta RV is now a Thor authorized warranty repair place. They have a good reputation.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #1862

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
This is the way that the service advisor at the Colfax CW told me about how they operate:
  1. Make an appointment to bring in the MH for warranty work
  2. Anywhere from 1 to more than 5 days later I drop off the MH and they write up the ticket for warranty repairs.
  3. The ticket goes to the bottom of the warranty ticket stack. Once it gets to the top the tech looks at what the problem is and informs the warranty clerk about what he sees.
  4. The warranty clerk submits the paperwork to the manufacturer.
  5. The manufacturer says that yes (or no) as to the warranty work and the warranty clerk puts the paperwork at the bottom of claims submitted.
  6. Once the submitted claim gets to the top of the stack, the tech gets the OK to repair the MH.
This process is what they do at Colfax according to what I was told by the service advisors. It can take anywhere from two weeks or longer to get a simple warranty item repaired and Lord help you if parts are needed from the manufacturer and they do not have them in stock.

Good luck with your warranty issues and I hope that your CW is better than the one I have used.
Gary;
If needed, try Tom Johnson's in Marion. Great people and a huge repair facility. We got our Palazzo there and have had work done also.
Had work done on our first MH at CW in Colfax. Was not the least impressed. I do my best to stay away from CW's. Even stopped ordering gear from them cheaper from Amazon.com.
Great time at the beach this week.......... Thinking of going up to Maggie Valley in October. Not been there in the fall.
Safe travels!
Closed Thread