Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #2101

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Thanks for the list,
You can add my name:
Mauro 33.2 2014 Palazzo
Utah.

And welcome to our group of Palazzo owners!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #2102

Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #2103

Palazzo 33.3?

Hello,
We are thinking about selling our 2011 class c and buying the 33.3 bunkhouse.

Had a question for those of you with this model.

Has anyone found a thin mattress for the drop down bunk over the cab that allows the bunk to be raised? Not sure I want to be dealing wit air mattress filling every night that we use that bunk.

I see the sleeper sofa comes with a air mattress as well. When looking at the sleeper sofa it appears that you may not even need to use the air mattress supplied. Can anyone comment on this?

Mainly it is the wife and I with our two girls 5 and 2 and won't be using these area a whole lot But there are a couple 5-10 trips where we bring the grand parents along and will need the extra space. Just trying to figure the most practical and comfortable way to accomplish this!

Thanks for your input!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #2104

I put a 1.75" memory foam on the overhead bunk. It goes up/down and stores perfectly. Its not great for adults, but for kids (I have a 7 and 10 year old boys) it is fine since they dont weigh much.

The sleeper couch is fine for 1 adult w/o air mattress. For 2 adults you need the mattress. When you open up the couch, the backrest portion does not lay flat with the seat portion (hence only 1 person will fit on the seat portion). When using the air mattress, it smoothens out the seat and backrest portion so 2 people can fit.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #2105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
I put a 1.75" memory foam on the overhead bunk. It goes up/down and stores perfectly. Its not great for adults, but for kids (I have a 7 and 10 year old boys) it is fine since they dont weigh much.

The sleeper couch is fine for 1 adult w/o air mattress. For 2 adults you need the mattress. When you open up the couch, the backrest portion does not lay flat with the seat portion (hence only 1 person will fit on the seat portion). When using the air mattress, it smoothens out the seat and backrest portion so 2 people can fit.
How is the quality of the air mattress for the drop down bunk? Can it support an adult? Trying to figure the best configuration when we have extra adults.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #2106

It is going to get cold - Freeze warnings

Ok, a Florida boy needs a little help here. I have never had to deal with frozen pipes in a house let alone an RV. We are currently in Charlotte and heading to Blue Ridge, Ga and it is supposed to get below 30 for a couple of nights. We will not be staying in the RV, so I won't freeze, but will the pipes? If I leave the furnace on will it protect the pipes? Should I turn of the water pump and try to drain the pipes? HELP!!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #2107

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Ok, a Florida boy needs a little help here. I have never had to deal with frozen pipes in a house let alone an RV. We are currently in Charlotte and heading to Blue Ridge, Ga and it is supposed to get below 30 for a couple of nights. We will not be staying in the RV, so I won't freeze, but will the pipes? If I leave the furnace on will it protect the pipes? Should I turn of the water pump and try to drain the pipes? HELP!!
If you have a couple electric heater I would run them.
Drain all water in the lines if you think it will be that cold.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #2108

Quote:
We are currently in Charlotte and heading to Blue Ridge, Ga and it is supposed to get below 30 for a couple of nights. We will not be staying in the RV, so I won't freeze, but will the pipes?
I live in Charlotte and would not be concerned unless the overnight temp drops below the mid 20s. Have followed that strategy for several years with three different motorhomes and not experienced a problem.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #2109

Quote:
If the coach will have access to electric then I would set the thermostat to 60-65 degrees on the furnace open the cabinet doors under the sink, close all the shades. The furnace heats the bays and holding tank areas. If the temps drop below freezing for a couple of hours over night it will not have time to freeze especially if you are running the furnace. Do not turn off the frig and ice maker, let them run to prevent the valves on the back from freezing.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #2110

Thanks all. I appreciate the help.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
If the coach will have access to electric then I would set the thermostat to 60-65 degrees on the furnace open the cabinet doors under the sink, close all the shades. The furnace heats the bays and holding tank areas. If the temps drop below freezing for a couple of hours over night it will not have time to freeze especially if you are running the furnace. Do not turn off the frig and ice maker, let them run to prevent the valves on the back from freezing.
I noticed the remark about the heater keeping the bay's warm. During the hot summer I noticed the bays felt cool with AC running and it just dawned on me from your statement about the heat. Do you think it is by design or floor leakage? Either way it is good prevention from freezing water lines.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #2112

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I noticed the remark about the heater keeping the bay's warm. During the hot summer I noticed the bays felt cool with AC running and it just dawned on me from your statement about the heat. Do you think it is by design or floor leakage? Either way it is good prevention from freezing water lines.
It is definitely by design.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #2113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
X2 on Gary's response!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #2114

I may get a chance to put this heating theory to the test.
We leave on Nov 2nd for our appointment at the factory on Nov 18th but will be heading to Rapid City, SD first to set up our mailing service, get a SD drivers license, re-register all our vehicles and look at some property in Eureka SD, then heading to Elkhart for our Thor appointment.

I think we will see some temperatures in the high 20s and low 30s on the trip, but we will have the heat on the full time so I don't expect any problems.

Bill
Closed Thread