Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #2115

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my 33.3 there is a big cut out on the bottom of the large slide in the area of the kitchen sink, this cut out is for water lines and drain to the sink, I bought some insulation at Home Depot that is in a bag ( bought 2 bags) and shoved up in there when using the coach have to take them out to close the slide, before doing this I noticed a lot of cool or warm air depending on the season coming from under the sink area, now I do not. As far as freezing pipes I wax told and go by and haven't had any issues is it has to be below freezing temps for 24 hours before the pipes will freeze, I live in pa and it is to get cold tonight down to 32 and I am not concerned yet, leave on Friday for our last trip and then next week will be winterizing the unit until our trip in February to the south.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #2116

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Hello,
We are thinking about selling our 2011 class c and buying the 33.3 bunkhouse.

Had a question for those of you with this model.

Has anyone found a thin mattress for the drop down bunk over the cab that allows the bunk to be raised? Not sure I want to be dealing wit air mattress filling every night that we use that bunk.

I see the sleeper sofa comes with a air mattress as well. When looking at the sleeper sofa it appears that you may not even need to use the air mattress supplied. Can anyone comment on this?

Mainly it is the wife and I with our two girls 5 and 2 and won't be using these area a whole lot But there are a couple 5-10 trips where we bring the grand parents along and will need the extra space. Just trying to figure the most practical and comfortable way to accomplish this!

Thanks for your input!
There's really not enough space there for much of anything. I have a furniture store and put my thinnest foam mattress in there and it's still way too big to be able to raise the bunk all the way. So now we just travel down the road with the mattress laying on top of the master bed and put it in place on the bunk, almost all the way up, when parked.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #2117

I do not use that bunk much but I put the air mattress up there flat just to store it. You could use the sofa mattress with integral air pump. I even store the ladder up there.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #2118

We did have have our pipes freeze over night in our 32.2, right where the slot is under the large slide. We were hooked up at Thor in Elkhart in March during a snow storm, temperatures in the low 20's and the slide facing the 20 mph winds. Had to defrost the pipes with a hair dryer, then stuck some towels in there to keep it from re-freezing. Luckily no damage to the pipes.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #2119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCruzer View Post
We did have have our pipes freeze over night in our 32.2, right where the slot is under the large slide. We were hooked up at Thor in Elkhart in March during a snow storm, temperatures in the low 20's and the slide facing the 20 mph winds. Had to defrost the pipes with a hair dryer, then stuck some towels in there to keep it from re-freezing. Luckily no damage to the pipes.
I hope it doesn't get that cold here in Blue Ridge, Ga. If it does, I'm headed home,
Old 10-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #2120

Stove hood

DW tried cooking on the stove yesterday. She turned on the hood. Before long the fire alarm went off. Upon investigation the hood was blowing like crazy out the top above the microwave, but was not sucking anything from above the stove. Anybody else had this problem?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #2121

I have always just left a small drip going in the the kitchen and bathroom sinks during the freeze to keep a tiny bit of water flow going. It has always worked.

I did find a way to defrost a frozen hose the first time I learned about freezing... we used the exhaust to defrost it by.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #2122

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
DW tried cooking on the stove yesterday. She turned on the hood. Before long the fire alarm went off. Upon investigation the hood was blowing like crazy out the top above the microwave, but was not sucking anything from above the stove. Anybody else had this problem?
Unfortunately, the hood is not ducted to the outside. It's only purpose is to collect grease from cooking onto the filters. Pretty useless in my estimation.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #2123

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
We crack the window by the stove, open the overhead vent, turn on the mic exhaust fan and turn the overhead vent fan on low. Seems to help get the cooking smell out.

I asked Thor why they did not vent the stove to the outside (like most would do). No answer. Another example of RV engineers not using an RV to see what works and what does not.
I have a list of those items I gave to an engineer while at the factory. Puzzled look on his face as he read the list.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #2124

X 2. 100%. But it's the whole system. I'm in a $250,000 farm tractor right now. They do the same silly stuff. Must look good on paper.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #2125

I will check my vent hood to see if it is taking air in. I expect it is but it will take some smoke to see the air flow. An outside vent on a MH is rare. In particular on the Palazzo they streamlined a lot of things sometimes making use and access more difficult. An outside vent would be another small piece of hardware and it would be another item on the outside wall. The 120V receptacles are difficult to get to as another example, but the decor looks good. I believe it is all about tradeoffs, but I also believe that the designers may never use the MHs.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #2126

Thor Owners Club
Jacking wheels off the ground

I see people post that the wheels shouldn't be jacked off the ground all the time. I don't get it. Unless the ground is perfectly level, the jacks have to take one or two wheels off the ground. At a 1% grade, the front or rear wheels will be off the ground.

Does anyone know if the plastic jack pads can handle a 36.1?
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #2127
MKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Hello,
We are thinking about selling our 2011 class c and buying the 33.3 bunkhouse.

Had a question for those of you with this model.

Has anyone found a thin mattress for the drop down bunk over the cab that allows the bunk to be raised? Not sure I want to be dealing wit air mattress filling every night that we use that bunk.

I see the sleeper sofa comes with a air mattress as well. When looking at the sleeper sofa it appears that you may not even need to use the air mattress supplied. Can anyone comment on this?

Mainly it is the wife and I with our two girls 5 and 2 and won't be using these area a whole lot But there are a couple 5-10 trips where we bring the grand parents along and will need the extra space. Just trying to figure the most practical and comfortable way to accomplish this!

Thanks for your input!
We put a 3" memory foam mattress up there for our 7 year daughter. I too was concerned about it closing. However, we have used it quite a bit recently on our 2014 33.2 and have had no issues whatsoever when raising the bunk. In fact, I will raise it, insert the pins and then drop it slightly just to put some tension on the pins so they don't come out while driving. We even leave the sleeping bag folded all the way out flat on the mattress with no issues.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM View Post
We put a 3" memory foam mattress up there for our 7 year daughter. I too was concerned about it closing. However, we have used it quite a bit recently on our 2014 33.2 and have had no issues whatsoever when raising the bunk. In fact, I will raise it, insert the pins and then drop it slightly just to put some tension on the pins so they don't come out while driving. We even leave the sleeping bag folded all the way out flat on the mattress with no issues.

So there are no issues leaving a std 3" memory foam mattress up there and retracting the bunk to the stowed position? It doesn't totally compress the mattress I take it?

Has anyone actually used the air mattress? Is it a PITA to use or just uncomfortable?

My wife and I love the layout of this coach, however one of the things that has us scratching our head is spending $150k and having to resort to air mattresses! Minor issue I know but still. Just seems like they could have thought that out a bit more and supplied some sort of thin mattress instead.
Closed Thread