RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #2129

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
DW tried cooking on the stove yesterday. She turned on the hood. Before long the fire alarm went off. Upon investigation the hood was blowing like crazy out the top above the microwave, but was not sucking anything from above the stove. Anybody else had this problem?
I am surprised there is no outside vent for the stove hood. I thought all motorhomes had this vent. My Bounder is a basic unit but has an outside flap that opens when the fan is on. I have shopped Palazzos (Thor units) but never looked for a vent...no reason not to have one other than cost....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #2130
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Lippert Ultra Leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGould View Post
I see people post that the wheels shouldn't be jacked off the ground all the time. I don't get it. Unless the ground is perfectly level, the jacks have to take one or two wheels off the ground. At a 1% grade, the front or rear wheels will be off the ground.

Does anyone know if the plastic jack pads can handle a 36.1?
Lippert Ultra Level Hydraulic Jacks has the PDF file online - we printed it to keep in the coach. It should answer your questions. Just "google" Lippert Ultra Level and you can read the instructions on the use of the leveling system in the Palazzo.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #2131

I have a question about the front over head bunk. the bunk goes down fast and smooth, but when you raise it up in travel/store position, it moves very slow up and most times it show's low battery on the power panel where the key is. need some input.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #2132

Stove Hood Vent? Overhead Bunk? It might be nice to check these items in our coach, IF we could EVER get it out of the repair shop!! Has been in the shop for slide repairs since 9/24/13!! We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend, I hope we get the coach back in time..........
Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Stove Hood Vent? Overhead Bunk? It might be nice to check these items in our coach, IF we could EVER get it out of the repair shop!! Has been in the shop for slide repairs since 9/24/13!! We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend, I hope we get the coach back in time..........
Month in the shop for a slide repair? I would get Thor customer service involved. I observed Thor completely remove and reinstall a slide in less than two days at their facility in Elkhart. It would appear that the shop you are using is not all that knowledgable if thay have had it for a month!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #2134

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Month in the shop for a slide repair? I would get Thor customer service involved. I observed Thor completely remove and reinstall a slide in less than two days at their facility in Elkhart. It would appear that the shop you are using is not all that knowledgable if thay have had it for a month!
It wasn't until last week they said Thor agreed to put in "new slide components" now supposedly waiting on parts. I am so fed up with this coach I don't even want to talk to Thor!! I don't like thier "you are bothering us" attitude!! UGGGG!!!! Total Buyers REMORSE!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #2135

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post

It wasn't until last week they said Thor agreed to put in "new slide components" now supposedly waiting on parts. I am so fed up with this coach I don't even want to talk to Thor!! I don't like thier "you are bothering us" attitude!! UGGGG!!!! Total Buyers REMORSE!!
Mu hurricane was in the shop for a month getting the slide fixed, and that was with Thor agreeing to expedite shipping on whatever parts were needed. You're not the only one with buyers remorse. We have an Allegro on order and will be trading this piece of junk in on it.

2014 Allegro 36LA
Old 10-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #2136
MKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
So there are no issues leaving a std 3" memory foam mattress up there and retracting the bunk to the stowed position? It doesn't totally compress the mattress I take it?

Has anyone actually used the air mattress? Is it a PITA to use or just uncomfortable?

My wife and I love the layout of this coach, however one of the things that has us scratching our head is spending $150k and having to resort to air mattresses! Minor issue I know but still. Just seems like they could have thought that out a bit more and supplied some sort of thin mattress instead.
Like I said, no issues at all. Even when we raise it into position, there does not appear to be any "stress" on the motor at all. Pins slide in easy and then I'll drop it just a touch to keep things snug. We did check how much room was available when raised before putting the memory foam up there.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #2137

[QUOTE="tanstaafl;1780252"] Mu hurricane was in the shop for a month getting the slide fixed, and that was with Thor agreeing to expedite shipping on whatever parts were needed. You're not the only one with buyers remorse. We have an Allegro on order and will be trading this piece of junk in on it.[/QU

Hope you have been reading the tiffin blogs. I hear you can wait over a month at tiffin. Never had that problem with Thor. We have had two Thor products. We travel from Texas to Thor and they take care of all issues. Do not rely on CW or any dealer. They will sand bag you and blame it on Thor.

We love our coach!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #2138

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I see people post that the wheels shouldn't be jacked off the ground all the time. I don't get it. Unless the ground is perfectly level, the jacks have to take one or two wheels off the ground. At a 1% grade, the front or rear wheels will be off the ground. Does anyone know if the plastic jack pads can handle a 36.1?
I've never had the wheels off the ground while on jacks. Always dump the air bags before leveling.
Never had a problem even with un-level ground.
I do put wood blocks under the jack pads if on dirt or gravel.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #2139

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I see people post that the wheels shouldn't be jacked off the ground all the time. I don't get it. Unless the ground is perfectly level, the jacks have to take one or two wheels off the ground. At a 1% grade, the front or rear wheels will be off the ground. Does anyone know if the plastic jack pads can handle a 36.1?
Are you letting air out of suspension before lowering jacks? I seldom have a problem but if site is off level I have used the plastic leveling blocks.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #2140

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Are you letting air out of suspension before lowering jacks? I seldom have a problem but if site is off level I have used the plastic leveling blocks.
And air up the suspension before retracting the jacks otherwise you will get all kinds of moans and groans from the retracting jacks.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
DW tried cooking on the stove yesterday. She turned on the hood. Before long the fire alarm went off. Upon investigation the hood was blowing like crazy out the top above the microwave, but was not sucking anything from above the stove. Anybody else had this problem?
We've not had a problem with this. We replaced the ceiling vent with a Fantastic Fan and turn it on high when we're cooking so everything gets sucked outside. Works well to keep moisture down and remove most cooking odors. It's remote controlled and the fan speed can be set either by temperature or manually. We also had Maxx-Air cover installed so we can use the fan regardless of the weather.

Iggy
2013 33.1
2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
Mu hurricane was in the shop for a month getting the slide fixed, and that was with Thor agreeing to expedite shipping on whatever parts were needed. You're not the only one with buyers remorse. We have an Allegro on order and will be trading this piece of junk in on it.
Sounds like a good plan!! My brother-in-law has a 1999 Allegro and loves it!!!
We are still trying to decide what to do...........
Closed Thread