Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #2199

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
And welcome to the Palazzo family!
Welcome aboard!
Love our 33.1. Safe travels.......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #2200

Welcome from Texas !!!

We love our coach!!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by campesino View Post
hello everyone. Purchased a new 2014 33.1 a while ago, and so far have almost 4000 miles on it. Please add me to the forum. I am in Southern Ontario, Canada.
A 2014 33.1....? I read where Thor discontinued the 33.1 with the 2013 run. I hope I am wrong...we really liked the 33.1 floorplan.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #2202

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
A 2014 33.1....? I read where Thor discontinued the 33.1 with the 2013 run. I hope I am wrong...we really liked the 33.1 floorplan.
They did discontinue the 33.1 in 2013 but it is listed as a 2014 model. As soon as I found that out and the dealer couldn't order one, I searched on the internet and found one in North Carolina. Drove down from Ohio and drove it back. We like the 33.1 floor plan and for just the two of us, it is a good fit.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #2203

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
George,

Thor did produce some 2014 33.1 models but stopped production and has introduced the 35.1 model. According to Thor The 33.1 was terminated due to slow sales which I do not understand but I am not in the sales and marketing department of Thor.

The 35.1 is a nice floor plan but to tell you the truth if I was in the market I would buy the Tuscany 36MQ mainly for the floor plan. I like the bathroom set up, similar to the Palazzo 33.1 which my DW loves!

Thanks!
Jack
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
RKNOLA,
Have you contacted Tom Overton- Thor Support?
I have contact information for him as follows:
toverton@tmcrv.com and 1-877-855-2867 X 2079

Thanks for the info. No, haven't spoken to Tom Overton yet. Finally spoke Mark Stanley, told him entire slide story still waiting to hear back from him on "actions" Thor is going to take.
As far as driving the coach to Elkhart, In. here is my thoughts on that: First: we live in Louisiana so Indiana isn't exactly around the corner. Second: I would have to take time off of work, AND pay the fuel costs to get there. THEN stay in hotel for however many days it takes them to get me in and fix slide issues then pay more fuel to drive it back home (then hope I have a job when I get home since I would have taken 1-2 weeks off to get all the slide issues tended to).
Third: I would have to actually GET MY COACH back from the shop that has it now to set all these plans into play.............. (My coach has been in the shop since 9/24/13)
So who out there wants to drive my coach to INDIANA for me????????
As far as litigation, I will just let Thor know I am going to paint the word "LEMON" on the side of my coach and drive around and tell people my "repair" story and let them make up their own minds!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #2205

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Where did you get the second one? I looked on Camping World and did not find one.
I never received a slide bar and Thor sent me 2, free of charge, after I called.

Iggy
2013 33.1
2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #2206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
I never received a slide bar and Thor sent me 2, free of charge, after I called. Iggy 2013 33.1 2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Good news I would like to have some of these.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #2207

Evergreen Owners Club
So my microwave is not working and I called a local Thor service place and told them what was wrong , they said I can make an appointment for 2 week's out and that would have been fine but then she told me to call the manufacture of the microwave since it has a one year warranty and they will send someone out. so they are coming to where I store my coach next week and if the repair man say's I need a new microwave the rv service place will take care of that for me under warranty .

mike
Old 10-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #2208

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
So my microwave is not working and I called a local Thor service place and told them what was wrong , they said I can make an appointment for 2 week's out and that would have been fine but then she told me to call the manufacture of the microwave since it has a one year warranty and they will send someone out. so they are coming to where I store my coach next week and if the repair man say's I need a new microwave the rv service place will take care of that for me under warranty . mike
Good Mike, I had a water leak from my refrigerator and they sent a Sears service man to dealer for frigidaire. All was well.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #2209

Ordered my 2014 33.1 in May of this year and took delivery of it in early August, from a dealer at Troy Ohio. The PDI was very short, but i did not have any issues with the unit until the next day when the over the seats electric powered bunk dropped down on the passenger side about a foot. Since then there have been several other issues.
I have been reading this forum for the past month and have learned quite a lot about the unit, and realized that compared to many other Palazzo owners , my problems have been relatively small.
We have travelled about 4000 miles with the unit , flat towing a small car (Mazda 2 stick). We have found this motor home easy to drive, very good on fuel, has adequate power but suffers from poor workmanship and possibly from substandard components.
Have tried to take unit to factory as many of you have done, but i was told that they were backlogged about 3 months, because as many as 1 unit in 8 comes back to the factory for repairs.
The factory recommended that i take the motorhome to Charger Enterprises to get the necessary repairs done. they are only about 2 miles from Thor in Elkhart.
Has anyone here been there for warranty work? And were you satisfied?
In closing my maiden message, i would like to thank all the people here who have been so gracious and generous with their advice and answers to persons such as myself who know very little but are anxious to learn so that we may enjoy our Palazoo to the max.
John
Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Thanks for the info. No, haven't spoken to Tom Overton yet. Finally spoke Mark Stanley, told him entire slide story still waiting to hear back from him on "actions" Thor is going to take. As far as driving the coach to Elkhart, In. here is my thoughts on that: First: we live in Louisiana so Indiana isn't exactly around the corner. Second: I would have to take time off of work, AND pay the fuel costs to get there. THEN stay in hotel for however many days it takes them to get me in and fix slide issues then pay more fuel to drive it back home (then hope I have a job when I get home since I would have taken 1-2 weeks off to get all the slide issues tended to). Third: I would have to actually GET MY COACH back from the shop that has it now to set all these plans into play.............. (My coach has been in the shop since 9/24/13) So who out there wants to drive my coach to INDIANA for me???????? As far as litigation, I will just let Thor know I am going to paint the word "LEMON" on the side of my coach and drive around and tell people my "repair" story and let them make up their own minds!
LOL
Old 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #2211

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Thanks for the info. No, haven't spoken to Tom Overton yet. Finally spoke Mark Stanley, told him entire slide story still waiting to hear back from him on "actions" Thor is going to take. As far as driving the coach to Elkhart, In. here is my thoughts on that: First: we live in Louisiana so Indiana isn't exactly around the corner. Second: I would have to take time off of work, AND pay the fuel costs to get there. THEN stay in hotel for however many days it takes them to get me in and fix slide issues then pay more fuel to drive it back home (then hope I have a job when I get home since I would have taken 1-2 weeks off to get all the slide issues tended to). Third: I would have to actually GET MY COACH back from the shop that has it now to set all these plans into play.............. (My coach has been in the shop since 9/24/13) So who out there wants to drive my coach to INDIANA for me???????? As far as litigation, I will just let Thor know I am going to paint the word "LEMON" on the side of my coach and drive around and tell people my "repair" story and let them make up their own minds!
Thor could give a sh** about your concerns. Haven't you heard? Thor is the largest rv manufacturer in the universe!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by campesino View Post
Ordered my 2014 33.1 in May of this year and took delivery of it in early August, from a dealer at Troy Ohio. The PDI was very short, but i did not have any issues with the unit until the next day when the over the seats electric powered bunk dropped down on the passenger side about a foot. Since then there have been several other issues. I have been reading this forum for the past month and have learned quite a lot about the unit, and realized that compared to many other Palazzo owners , my problems have been relatively small. We have travelled about 4000 miles with the unit , flat towing a small car (Mazda 2 stick). We have found this motor home easy to drive, very good on fuel, has adequate power but suffers from poor workmanship and possibly from substandard components. Have tried to take unit to factory as many of you have done, but i was told that they were backlogged about 3 months, because as many as 1 unit in 8 comes back to the factory for repairs. The factory recommended that i take the motorhome to Charger Enterprises to get the necessary repairs done. they are only about 2 miles from Thor in Elkhart. Has anyone here been there for warranty work? And were you satisfied? In closing my maiden message, i would like to thank all the people here who have been so gracious and generous with their advice and answers to persons such as myself who know very little but are anxious to learn so that we may enjoy our Palazoo to the max. John
Tort reform? Forget that. Let's pile on. Come on in. The water is fine.
Closed Thread