RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #2213

It is amazing to me that so can't get Their coach fixed and some of us don't have a problem getting our coach done. We always have a professional and encouraging attitude and show up with Goode Company pecan pies from Texas.

We love our coach!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #2214

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
It is amazing to me that so can't get Their coach fixed and some of us don't have a problem getting our coach done. We always have a professional and encouraging attitude and show up with Goode Company pecan pies from Texas. We love our coach!!
I'm with you Steve.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #2215

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
George,

Thor did produce some 2014 33.1 models but stopped production and has introduced the 35.1 model. According to Thor The 33.1 was terminated due to slow sales which I do not understand but I am not in the sales and marketing department of Thor.

The 35.1 is a nice floor plan but to tell you the truth if I was in the market I would buy the Tuscany 36MQ mainly for the floor plan. I like the bathroom set up, similar to the Palazzo 33.1 which my DW loves!

Thanks!
Jack
Jack, we sure liked the 33.1 floorplan...the third chair behind the passenger seat is great...our Bounder has it and the DW sits there as we motor along to rest her legs once in a while. No sales, gee, our local CW could not keep them on the lot and when we talked about ordering one, Thor gave CW a six to eight week+ build time...due to backlog... ha ha I guess I don't understand the sales and marketing either.

My CW is in New Braunfels, TX, about 50 miles from me. My local RV sales sells Fleetwood and some others, but not Thor. We have looked at the Excursion 33D which is on the same platform as the 33.X Palazzos. The slide problems scare me...I am 81, long retired and could drive to northern Indiana to get things fixed, as some have done, but I have a real problem in paying $150K+ and then not being able to use it due to defects...

Oh, well, I guess we can just keep "Hoppie" for a while longer....ha ha I think you said you were going to Austin, TX. In your auto, you should plan a day trip west of Medina, TX in the hill country...beautiful. Ya can't take your 33.1 due to SHARP curves, etc....anyway I hope your enjoy your stay in our area.

George Lewis
Old 10-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #2216

Just got off the phone with Shirley Sylvia at Thor(20 years in the industry...used to be with Monaco) going over my first list of small and big(but not life threatening) issues. SHE was wonderful and very concerned, she addressed each item and I am very confident in her service! I just wanted folks to hear the good with some of the bad! We love our coach

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131030_120059.png
Views:	102
Size:	593.0 KB
ID:	48899
Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2217

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzoteam View Post
just got off the phone with shirley sylvia at thor(20 years in the industry...used to be with monaco) going over my first list of small and big(but not life threatening) issues. She was wonderful and very concerned, she addressed each item and i am very confident in her service! I just wanted folks to hear the good with some of the bad! We love our coach

Attachment 48899
great new's
Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #2218

We now have a Palazzo 36.1 on order! Expect to get it after Thanksgiving.

I also want to thank all of you have posted problems and solutions. I think I have a realistic idea of the PDI process from the things I have read here. I won't have as many questions about the operation of the coach because you have already given me the answers.

Ann
Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #2219

I added mud flaps to my Palazzo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2635036149.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	48910   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4000372100.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	48911  

Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #2220

Thor Owners Club
Talking Awaiting the arrival of my 2014 Palazzo 33.2 next week.

Thanks you all for what you have wrote to help me be on the look out when I take the keys. With fingers crossed and being hopeful I hope they do a good Pre-Delivery Inspection.

I am getting the Black Canyon color.

If their is any other suggestions, please bring them on!

Also, I glad I found this group to subscribe to.

Waiting to hear when the first rally comes around.

Thanks in advance!

Don
2014 Palazzo 33.2 -Coming !
Jensen Beach, FL
Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #2221

Thor Owners Club
Mud Flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I added mud flaps to my Palazzo.

Where did you get them and how did you fasten them to coach?

Don
2014 Palazzo 33.2-Coming!
Jensen Beach, FL
Old 10-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #2222

How would I find a rally close to home, see plenty in SE but looking for something closer...SW way(Phoenix even). Want to look at all the extra goodies I see posted in person!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #2223

I ordered them from 4 States Trucking, Missouri. $8 each plain chevron rubber 24"x36". Lowered Palazzo slid them in place and screwed down with 4 bolts each.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #2224

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatbird View Post

I also want to thank all of you have posted problems and solutions. I think I have a realistic idea of the PDI process from the things I have read here. I won't have as many questions about the operation of the coach because you have already given me the answers.

Ann

Welcome to the growing group of Palazzo owners. Let us know how you like your new rig.

Gary
Old 10-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatbird View Post

Ann

Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #2226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Just got off the phone with Shirley Sylvia at Thor(20 years in the industry...used to be with Monaco) going over my first list of small and big(but not life threatening) issues. SHE was wonderful and very concerned, she addressed each item and I am very confident in her service! I just wanted folks to hear the good with some of the bad! We love our coach
I worked with Shirley on the phone with some of my first issues and would agree, she is great to work with.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Closed Thread