Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #2227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatbird View Post
We now have a Palazzo 36.1 on order! Expect to get it after Thanksgiving. I also want to thank all of you have posted problems and solutions. I think I have a realistic idea of the PDI process from the things I have read here. I won't have as many questions about the operation of the coach because you have already given me the answers. Ann
Welcome to the Palazzo Group.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I added mud flaps to my Palazzo.
What is the manufacturere and model of your mudflaps? It is something I need.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 10-31-2013, 06:48 AM   #2229

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
What is the manufacturere and model of your mudflaps? It is something I need.
I ordered them from, http://www.4statetrucks.com/mudflaps...udflap_798.asp.
They are useful to protect road spray and gravel etc from exiting the rear as you drive especially with a toad. Most RV's use the mudflap style at the rear that runs the width of the coach, but I have seen articles on drag and turbulence causing rock particles to fly up as well. Duraflap also has wheel well mudflaps and state trying to stop debris at its source which for Palazzo's it will help the DEF/Battery compartments somewhat from road debris. I used the Black Chevron (design) Mudflap 24"x36" and my wife and I screwed them to the rear wheel wall. Drilled 4 holes through DEF wall and the battery compartment wall. (Drill through metal wall supports). Note, another member of this forum has done this with floor mats cut to fit from home improvement stores. The cost for me was approx. $40 for both including bolts/big washers, mudflaps and shipping.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #2230

Quote:
I ordered them from, Black Chevron Mudflap - 4 State Trucks.
They are useful to protect road spray and gravel etc from exiting the rear as you drive especially with a toad. Most RV's use the mudflap style at the rear that runs the width of the coach, but I have seen articles on drag and turbulence causing rock particles to fly up as well.
Dale
Thanks for the information on the mudflaps. I am going to order two. I also have learned that the mudflap behind the wheel is superior for stopping debris and causes less wind resistance. I will be ordering two.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #2231

Quote:
I ordered them from 4 States Trucking, Missouri. $8 each plain chevron rubber 24"x36". Lowered Palazzo slid them in place and screwed down with 4 bolts each.
Dale,

Thanks for the recommendation - just ordered two of same -

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 10-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #2232

J Walker and Photoguy, here is a tip:
Lower airbags on flat level (as you can get) surface. Slip mud flaps in behind rear tires with flap sitting square on ground and lay top over on tire. Open compartment either side and drill one hole through a steel member and wheel well wall, then with drill in hole push rubber against drill bit and push through rubber. Be careful with fingers but you can feel the bump on the flap. Bolt that lower outside hole which will hold it in place for you. Raise airbags then position flap parallel to ground and repeat same for the other 3 holes. Drill through first then raise rubber to touch bit, feel bump and drill through. Raising after the first hole makes hand clearance easier. Use big washers on the flap for more surface. I used small bolts around 3/16 to 1/4" x 2 1/2" and drilled hole big enough to get bolts through, may have to ream out a little bigger to get through holes. Run bolts from wheel well to compartment where you nut or toggle will be torqued. Need to pick spots around engine battery switch to drill holes for that flap. Be safe.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #2233

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
J Walker and Photoguy, here is a tip: Lower airbags on flat level (as you can get) surface. Slip mud flaps in behind rear tires with flap sitting square on ground and lay top over on tire. Open compartment either side and drill one hole through a steel member and wheel well wall, then with drill in hole push rubber against drill bit and push through rubber. Be careful with fingers but you can feel the bump on the flap. Bolt that lower outside hole which will hold it in place for you. Raise airbags then position flap parallel to ground and repeat same for the other 3 holes. Drill through first then raise rubber to touch bit, feel bump and drill through. Raising after the first hole makes hand clearance easier. Use big washers on the flap for more surface. I used small bolts around 3/16 to 1/4" x 2 1/2" and drilled hole big enough to get bolts through, may have to ream out a little bigger to get through holes. Run bolts from wheel well to compartment where you nut or toggle will be torqued. Need to pick spots around engine battery switch to drill holes for that flap. Be safe.
DuraFlap recommends that mud flags be 4-6 inches off ground at travel height .
Old 10-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #2234

Dale
With the mud flap touching the ground with the airbags deflated, what is the clearance with them inflated. I don want more than about 3" clearance with them inflated. The might touch the ground when deflated but that probably doesn't matter.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #2235

I received my shippment of 10 G4 halogen bulbs from 1000 Bulbs 20W T3 - G4 Base - Halogen - Clear - 12V 1000 Bulbs are an economical way to buy bulbs. The bulbs fit the socket and are an exact replacement of the original bulbs. I should have a lifetime supply now.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #2236

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
Dale With the mud flap touching the ground with the airbags deflated, what is the clearance with them inflated. I don want more than about 3" clearance with them inflated. The might touch the ground when deflated but that probably doesn't matter.
They just touch when aired down the approx. 4" clearance when you air up.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #2237

For the Goodyear tires that are 255/70/22.5 what size tire covers fit and can you recommend a specific brand?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #2238

Quote:
J Walker and Photoguy, here is a tip:
Lower airbags on flat level (as you can get) surface. Slip mud flaps in behind rear tires with flap sitting square on ground and lay top over on tire. Open compartment either side and drill one hole through a steel member and wheel well wall, then with drill in hole push rubber against drill bit and push through rubber. Be careful with fingers but you can feel the bump on the flap. Bolt that lower outside hole which will hold it in place for you. Raise airbags then position flap parallel to ground and repeat same for the other 3 holes. Drill through first then raise rubber to touch bit, feel bump and drill through. Raising after the first hole makes hand clearance easier. Use big washers on the flap for more surface. I used small bolts around 3/16 to 1/4" x 2 1/2" and drilled hole big enough to get bolts through, may have to ream out a little bigger to get through holes. Run bolts from wheel well to compartment where you nut or toggle will be torqued. Need to pick spots around engine battery switch to drill holes for that flap. Be safe.
Dale,
Thanks for the step-by-step - sounds like a good procedure to follow.
Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #2239

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post
Dale, Thanks for the step-by-step - sounds like a good procedure to follow. Norb
The drivers side rear wheel panel can be removed to attach the mud flap. Makes it a lot easier to drill.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #2240

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post

Don
2014 Palazzo 33.2 -Coming !
Jensen Beach, FL
Don what dealer in FL did you buy from?
Closed Thread