Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #2241

Has anyone removed the netting around the slide down bunk over cab? Any other use for it other than safely netting? It kinda limits the room up there! Any thoughts?
Ps: just added a two inch memory foam to area(queen size) 3 inch was to big and would not shut all the way to ceiling to allow pins to go in. Appreciate any thoughts
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #2242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Has anyone removed the netting around the slide down bunk over cab? Any other use for it other than safely netting? It kinda limits the room up there! Any thoughts? Ps: just added a two inch memory foam to area(queen size) 3 inch was to big and would not shut all the way to ceiling to allow pins to go in. Appreciate any thoughts
We removed it. Kids use it as a play area with foam squares. No consequence so far.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #2243

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any one else having issues with their radio in the dash, mine let's sound through but it's all static and the touch screen will not light up/ work, I can turn the volume up/down with the knob but can not shut the unit off/on. Nothing comes on the screen including the camera views.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #2244

The screen is blank? I have no idea about that. There is a u shaped tool that comes with the radio paperwork in Thor bag. Maybe slide the unit out and check that something hasn't come unplugged.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #2245

Radio question. Does the surround sound bar play through the coach jensen system? Or just through the sound bar? The reason I ask is cw was missing sound bar. Waiting for one from Thor.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #2246

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
The screen is blank? I have no idea about that. There is a u shaped tool that comes with the radio paperwork in Thor bag. Maybe slide the unit out and check that something hasn't come unplugged.
Already pulled the unit out all wires are tight and fuses good on back of radio and in the fuse panels
Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #2247

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
Radio question. Does the surround sound bar play through the coach jensen system? Or just through the sound bar? The reason I ask is cw was missing sound bar. Waiting for one from Thor.
My sound bar plays off the tv in the dinning area, I don't like, am looking to see if it will fit with the tv outside
Old 11-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #2248

Try doing a reset on your radio. My unit is in the shop so I am doing from memory. Take a paperclip and push the reset on the face.
I had to have my radio replaced. I couldn't change cameras without really pushing on the screen in a lot of places till I found the correct spot. The aux wouldn't work either.

I do not like the sound bar. We have ours turned off and have run an aux cable to the radio. This actually works well as we have satellite in motion and can listen to Fox while we drive. We just couldn't understand conversation regardless of the setting we put it on. TV sound off, custom settings, nothing. So we just don't use it.

At some point we will get a Bose or something to fit in the space. But no more money will be spent on the coach until we can get all systems to work. Like I said on another post, we are back in the shop. It has been in for repairs more nights than we have spent in it.

We have an event to go to this week and had to get a hotel and cancel our campground reservations. Unfortunately, there is a fee to cancel. At least we could get hotel reservations in the area.

Good luck
Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #2249

After reading numerous threads about slide problems and also reading about extra, loose screws, I decided to do sine research on my Palazzo(new)! I took a flashlight and a magnets screwdriver and ran it UNDER the rubber slideout inside, this is what I found(see photo). If one or two of these guys get under your heavy steel rollers than your gonna have trouble with the slide outs...and these little screws are everywhere under there...just waiting to roll under your rollers and do damage! I'm not saying it's the answer to all slide out issues/problems...but it sure is worth taking 20 minutes and cleaning all loose debre from there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131102_140757.png
Views:	80
Size:	591.1 KB
ID:	49112   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131102_140822.png
Views:	76
Size:	591.1 KB
ID:	49113  

Old 11-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #2250

Quote:
After reading numerous threads about slide problems and also reading about extra, loose screws, I decided to do sine research on my Palazzo(new)! I took a flashlight and a magnets screwdriver and ran it UNDER the rubber slideout inside, this is what I found(see photo). If one or two of these guys get under your heavy steel rollers than your gonna have trouble with the slide outs...and these little screws are everywhere under there...just waiting to roll under your rollers and do damage! I'm not saying it's the answer to all slide out issues/problems...but it sure is worth taking 20 minutes and cleaning all loose debre from there.
Thanks. It is surely worth taking a look. I looked at my rollers the other day but wasn't looking for debris. The possible problem with debris is between the floor and roller. I can look an see what the clearance between the floor and roller is. If it is less than 1/2" the debris could cause a problem.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 11-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #2251
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's not good at all.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 11-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #2252

Quote:
Are there rollers? I was told by a tech that there are none. The reason we are having so many problems with slides is that the huge slide rolls on 4 very small bearings the size of half dollars. Two on bottom and two on top. You can see the bottom rollers when the slide is out. Tech told it takes two big fork lifts to take that slide out for service. Imagine all that weight on those two wheels. He also told me that is all the noise we've been hearing when we drive. The weight of the slide wiggling those bearings and the small metal shafts they rotate on. Winnebago added rollers to share the weight but they patterned the process. Not sure thor has anything under there but loose screws.
I'd love for someone to let me know if I'm wrong.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #2253

Quote:
Originally Posted by et_ky View Post
I am having the same problem. please let me know how they fixed it or if they did or how they fixed it. thanks
I engaged THOR via email and Daniel Berry contacted Golden CO CW and provided guidance. The unit is in their shop to get it fixed (I hope). I'll keep you posted on the results and solution. Below is Mr Berry's info:
Daniel Berry
Sales Support/Warranty
Thor Motor Coach
Ph#877-855-2867
Fax#574-294-3618
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #2254

Newmar Owners Club
I was told the newer builds have updated/improved rollers.
So the older units should have them replaced perhaps
Closed Thread