RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #2451
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Greetings from Colorful Colorado!!!

Great mpg also!! We just returned from a great two month road trip to the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen, Indiana. Great rally!!! We made a great trip loupe from another rally in southern Colorado through Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and, back to northern Colorado. Although we had a few "bumps in the road", it was a great trip. Traveled 3972 miles at 11.08 mpg with our GMC Canyon toad. I know a lot of the bigger rig owners sure envy the mpg we get.

We absolutely love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Ed,

Sorry we missed you in Goshen, we had a prior engagement in Texas. We stopped by and visited JR in OK on our way...nice time!

We will be at the TDC spring rally, hope to see you there?

Safe Travels!
Jack
TheArnolds is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #2452
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Ed,

Sorry we missed you in Goshen, we had a prior engagement in Texas. We stopped by and visited JR in OK on our way...nice time!

We will be at the TDC spring rally, hope to see you there?

Safe Travels!
Jack

Jack,
Good to hear from you again! I believe I read somewhere that you are co-sponsoring the TDC spring rally. Great!! Jo Ann & I have made reservations at the campgrounds for that week. Currently trying to work around a dental implant issue scheduled for that time and hope to work around it.

Sounds like another great trip in the makings. Hope to see and meet some of the other Palazzo owners there also. Its always great to read this threads contributor's thoughts but would be better to get to meet them also.

Safe travels!!! We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
__________________
Ed Starck
2013 33.2 Palazzo with 2011 GMC Canyon toad
FMCA 422438 Windsor Colordo
ERStarck is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #2453
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvrkds View Post
Thanks for your great report in your Palazzo.
Also, enjoyed chatting with you at the rally.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill & Dot

Bill & Dot,

Good to hear from you and that you got home safe after the TDC Goshen rally. Was a great rally but it always seems one is short on time to meet all of the fine people attending. Sometime we (Palazzo owners) need to find a time/venue to get together near the start of the rally to get to know the names, faces, and from where do we come. Hope to see and meet some new faces at the Myrtle Beach rally.

Safe travels. We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
__________________
Ed Starck
2013 33.2 Palazzo with 2011 GMC Canyon toad
FMCA 422438 Windsor Colordo
ERStarck is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #2454
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 54
Comfortable in cold weather

Hello to all.

We spent Sat night in Wytheville, VA KOA. 19 deg. F. All is well with our 36.1. The furnace works great! We were amazed at how comfortable we were. It was our first time relying on our furnace. It was 20F last night and again tonight in Manassas, VA and we are cozy in our Palazzo. We are visiting granddaughters, they will be sleeping over tomorrow night.
Thanks Thor for providing a great furnace and insulation. The pass through basement and wet bay are nice and warm too.

Happy thanksgiving from chilly Manassas.
__________________
Jim, Carline Grove and Minnie the Snorkie
Kennesaw, GA
Tiffin Allegro Bus 37 AP
Indianjim is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #2455
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Jack,
Good to hear from you again! I believe I read somewhere that you are co-sponsoring the TDC spring rally. Great!! Jo Ann & I have made reservations at the campgrounds for that week. Currently trying to work around a dental implant issue scheduled for that time and hope to work around it.

Sounds like another great trip in the makings. Hope to see and meet some of the other Palazzo owners there also. Its always great to read this threads contributor's thoughts but would be better to get to meet them also.

Safe travels!!! We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Ed,

Yes, Karen and I will be Assistant Rally Masters for the Spring Rally and we will be looking forward to seeing you and Jo Ann again and please give her our best!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #2456
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 100
Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I live in Colorado and plan to take a couple of trips during the winter. In running the furnace last night the bathroom heats up much quicker than the rest of the coach (which makes sense). However after about 90 mins the bathroom was about 80degrees and the coach was 50. Does anyone have recommendations on how to distribute the hot air more evenly ? (i.e. run the fans ?).

Thanks in advance.
mmullane is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #2457
Senior Member
 
DGShaffer's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,098
Home Depot sells really great looking 2" x 10" floor registers with built in balancing. I put 5 of these in my Challenger and it allows me to drive heat where I want it
DGShaffer is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #2458
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
posted on other thread but thought it would be seen here easier .

Josams did my alignment and did a great job . but it seem's to good " maybe "

when on flat road the coach drive's perfect " steering wheel straight " now when driving on a road with a crown to the left or the right the coach will have some pull either way the crown is , and I would say that 90 % of the roads in Florida have a crown to the right for rain drainage so there is a pull to the right most of the time " small pull " I was thinking of getting a " Truecenter " or a " safe T plus with trim kit " to help with this .

any other Palazzo owners have the same problem with crown's in the road ?
again first Rv so don't no if this is normal or not , very small pull to left or right depending on the crown or pitch of road .

even in my car driving down here in florida when holding the wheel straight she drive's straight but when you let go it will 90 % of the time drift to the right a lot slower then the Rv but still drift's

thank's
mike
__________________
Mike , Fre & daughter Kimberly , 2 dog's name Marly & Zorra , 2014 Palazzo 33.3 , Jetta TDI & Acme tow dolly ,Goodsams, Koa , Still learning
mikebrls is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #2459
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I live in Colorado and plan to take a couple of trips during the winter. In running the furnace last night the bathroom heats up much quicker than the rest of the coach (which makes sense). However after about 90 mins the bathroom was about 80degrees and the coach was 50. Does anyone have recommendations on how to distribute the hot air more evenly ? (i.e. run the fans ?).

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
gmadams is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #2460
Senior Member
 
StevieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 618
Howdy from Texas !
__________________
Steve and Connie F421161, GS Life Mbr, TDC, FCOC
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2, Pinot Noir, Sophie, Little One
Fiat Trekking, Blue Ox, Army 6/32 Arty VN 12/69 - 1/71
StevieD is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #2461
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I live in Colorado and plan to take a couple of trips during the winter. In running the furnace last night the bathroom heats up much quicker than the rest of the coach (which makes sense). However after about 90 mins the bathroom was about 80degrees and the coach was 50. Does anyone have recommendations on how to distribute the hot air more evenly ? (i.e. run the fans ?).

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Palazzo family!
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #2462
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
In response to the hot bathroom, take the 4 screws out of the bathroom panel to expose the heat distribution box with all the flex hoses attached. I found one disconnected and a lot of heat was dumping into the cabinet/sink area on our 33.2.

Frank Schaub
pigman_sr is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #2463
Senior Member
 
Ridinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Madisonville, La.
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Hello, I just purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I live in Colorado and plan to take a couple of trips during the winter. In running the furnace last night the bathroom heats up much quicker than the rest of the coach (which makes sense). However after about 90 mins the bathroom was about 80degrees and the coach was 50. Does anyone have recommendations on how to distribute the hot air more evenly ? (i.e. run the fans ?). Thanks in advance.
Just returned home from a 3 week stay in my Palazzo and experienced the same bathroom heating issue. I removed both panels below the sink and one duct was not hooked to the duct. After that the coach heat was fine.
__________________
Dale & Cecile
2017 Rockwood 2604WS TT
Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L
Ridinbear is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2464
Senior Member
 
RVRandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
posted on other thread but thought it would be seen here easier .

Josams did my alignment and did a great job . but it seem's to good " maybe "

when on flat road the coach drive's perfect " steering wheel straight " now when driving on a road with a crown to the left or the right the coach will have some pull either way the crown is , and I would say that 90 % of the roads in Florida have a crown to the right for rain drainage so there is a pull to the right most of the time " small pull " I was thinking of getting a " Truecenter " or a " safe T plus with trim kit " to help with this .

any other Palazzo owners have the same problem with crown's in the road ?
again first Rv so don't no if this is normal or not , very small pull to left or right depending on the crown or pitch of road .

even in my car driving down here in florida when holding the wheel straight she drive's straight but when you let go it will 90 % of the time drift to the right a lot slower then the Rv but still drift's

thank's
mike
The fact it tracks straight when on level road tells me the alignment is correct. It is normal for a big rig like a MH to track left or right based on the crown in the road. You can reduce this a little by adding more toe-in to the front alignment but at the expense of increased tire wear. You can also try adding a steering stabilizer that will help a little.
__________________
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2
RVRandy is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.