Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #2465

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRandy View Post
The fact it tracks straight when on level road tells me the alignment is correct. It is normal for a big rig like a MH to track left or right based on the crown in the road. You can reduce this a little by adding more toe-in to the front alignment but at the expense of increased tire wear. You can also try adding a steering stabilizer that will help a little.
THank you , I just ordered a Blue ox trucenter and I should have it installed in a few week's , I think this will take care of the crown and wind problem

mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #2466

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I live in Colorado and plan to take a couple of trips during the winter. In running the furnace last night the bathroom heats up much quicker than the rest of the coach (which makes sense). However after about 90 mins the bathroom was about 80degrees and the coach was 50. Does anyone have recommendations on how to distribute the hot air more evenly ? (i.e. run the fans ?).

Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Northern Colorado (Windsor)!! I think there has already been given some good ideas on what to check out for better heating in your coach. We also have a 2013 33.2. One thing I found when we got our new unit home was that there was a considerable amount of saw dust and construction debris in the duct work. I used a snake camera to look through most of the duct work. To remove it I used an air tube from a Cpap machine with a small flexible rod inside to give the tube a little rigidity. After adapting the tube to a vacuum cleaner I removed about a couple of quart bags of junk from the ductwork. I wish they were better at keeping the units cleaner during construction but it was not that big of a deal to address. I enjoy working on my rig anyway. We also leave the bathroom door partially opened to let the heat escape into the rest of the coach. Good luck and great travels with your Palazzo!!!

We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #2467

I hooked a duct cleaning truck to mine to get the sawdust out. It was powerfull enough that it pulled a 3" round wooden plug out of there. Not sure what the plug was from. Just some of the junk they left in the ducts. No more sawdust tho. Lol
Old 11-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #2468

Happy Thanksgiving to all those Palazzo families out there. :-)
Old 11-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #2469

As some of you might recall this past 8/31/13, I posted on this thread some of my coach batteries issues I was experiencing on my 2013 Palazzo 33.2. Basically I was not having much power depth available when dry camping. In 3 to 4 hours my coach batteries were drained and therefore having to start my generator. In that I need a Cpap machine during the night I had to run the generator midway during the night. Generally, because of carbon monoxide issues, a bad practice to run your gen while asleep. Highly not recommended by all tech manuals.

While attending the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen Indiana in September Thor Motor Coach sent a great team of repair/service techs to service the rally attendee's coach issues. Labor was at no charge, parts (some) were charged for if your unit was past warranty. I was fortunate to get a young man who knew the electrical systems of the Palazzo. It took him a little time to really understand my problems/issues with not having much battery power. After some investigative work he found the problem. During construction my unit had been wired incorrectly. Two heavy electrical cables had been switched and placed on the wrong terminals. Instead of drawing off of the 4 coach deep cycle batteries the unit was powering off of the two chassis batteries which have very little depth of power. Tech corrected the cable connections and wha-la great power all night long with power to spare for the next day. I had already replaced the four coach batteries with the best Interstate Battery makes so for the next 5 weeks - no problems and great coach house power.

Chassis starting power became a new issue about 3 weeks later in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Went to Freightliner in Chattanooga where they tested the chassis batteries and found they were DOA. The incorrect wiring had probably lead to their demise. Starting batteries are designed to provide a large amount of power up front on the demand for power to start the engine. That type of battery is not for deep cycle use which the coach house power demands require. Still under warranty, Freightliner replaced the two chassis batteries. Now we startup within the blink of the eye.

Great service from Thor and Freightliner!!! Thanks!!!

Had a couple of other incidents along the way of our long trip but will forward them later.

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #2470

Thor Owners Club
First trip cut short!

Took my first trip with my new two week old 2014 33.2, but came home early dues to some issues.
-The Radio with monitor kept going on and off. Now it is off totally. Will lay on my back today to look for loose connections. Also spoke to tech support for Jensen and they informed me I should of received the 4 Pin radio removal tool with unit.
-Generator won't start. Clicking heard like a dead battery or something. Just read thread on battery connections reversed and will see if I can see if it is on mine. Fast test would be turning off marine power switch and see what doesn't work.
-Found one of the front hood secure L-Brackets on the drivers side must of fell off.
-Have water in bottom of pantry between fridge and washing machine.
-Noticed that the floor rubber sweep seal that is hooked to bottom of kitchen cabinets is totally missing from fridge all the way back to closet. I noticed it by getting a draft on my feet. Not sure if it comes with it or not?
-I guess the both rear view mirrors could of been mounted a few inches to the rear as the right one is partially obscured by the black edge of glass.
-Rear ladder is loose to mounting plates on bottom. Did notice a bunch of screws heads missing on different mounts going up to top including bottom. Screws are there but heads were broken off.
-Secure latch on circuit breaker cover was broken and cover just swings.
-Will look at some bolt on steering shock absorbers as wheel really jerked when hitting a rut or uneven road.
-Purchased an extra rim from Freightliner and a "private label" tire from camping world in Fort Myers. Since having the room on slide side of storage, I wanted a spare to change out and not be subjected to the "Road Bandits" charging triple the price of tire on the road. Private label was about half of the Goodyear G670 and meet all the ratings 16 ply, rated H etc. Being stored away will also protect it from the elements.
Planned to pick up this tire at CW Ft. Myers,while vacationing on west coast of FLA. With other problems stated above I called and told service about them and they said come in earlier. Got there only to be informed they cannot touch my 2 week old coach without Thor's permission and they were shut down for holiday weekend. Not sure of this since I told them I bought this coach from CW in Jacksonville. I offered to pay and collect from Thor myself, they would not hear of it????
Will call Thor on Monday to see how good they are. Have a local LaMeza dealer that I will check out.
I love the coach otherwise and the mileage I got per gallon [11.2-12.0] no-toad. Probably would of gotten more but wind conditions would a little high.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed! Also, is there any "Palazzo Rally's" planned for the future?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:05 AM   #2471

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Re: Generator won't start. Clicking heard like a dead battery or something. Just read thread on battery connections reversed and will see if I can see if it is on mine. Fast test would be turning off marine power switch and see what doesn't work.

How long did you keep the switch on waiting for it to start? The generator does not have the pre-heat like the engine and takes longer to start, especially in cold weather. The colder the longer. Also did you try starting with switch on generator rather than on panel inside? Clicking sound could be normal as that is what I hear while waiting for it to start.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #2472

Hold It Down Longer. It's warming up and pumping fuel. Clicking sound normal. Might take 20 to 30 secs if cold outside.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #2473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
Took my first trip with my new two week old 2014 33.2, but came home early dues to some issues.
-The Radio with monitor kept going on and off. Now it is off totally. Will lay on my back today to look for loose connections. Also spoke to tech support for Jensen and they informed me I should of received the 4 Pin radio removal tool with unit.
-Generator won't start. Clicking heard like a dead battery or something. Just read thread on battery connections reversed and will see if I can see if it is on mine. Fast test would be turning off marine power switch and see what doesn't work.
-Found one of the front hood secure L-Brackets on the drivers side must of fell off.
-Have water in bottom of pantry between fridge and washing machine.
-Noticed that the floor rubber sweep seal that is hooked to bottom of kitchen cabinets is totally missing from fridge all the way back to closet. I noticed it by getting a draft on my feet. Not sure if it comes with it or not?
-I guess the both rear view mirrors could of been mounted a few inches to the rear as the right one is partially obscured by the black edge of glass.
-Rear ladder is loose to mounting plates on bottom. Did notice a bunch of screws heads missing on different mounts going up to top including bottom. Screws are there but heads were broken off.
-Secure latch on circuit breaker cover was broken and cover just swings.
-Will look at some bolt on steering shock absorbers as wheel really jerked when hitting a rut or uneven road.
-Purchased an extra rim from Freightliner and a "private label" tire from camping world in Fort Myers. Since having the room on slide side of storage, I wanted a spare to change out and not be subjected to the "Road Bandits" charging triple the price of tire on the road. Private label was about half of the Goodyear G670 and meet all the ratings 16 ply, rated H etc. Being stored away will also protect it from the elements.
Planned to pick up this tire at CW Ft. Myers,while vacationing on west coast of FLA. With other problems stated above I called and told service about them and they said come in earlier. Got there only to be informed they cannot touch my 2 week old coach without Thor's permission and they were shut down for holiday weekend. Not sure of this since I told them I bought this coach from CW in Jacksonville. I offered to pay and collect from Thor myself, they would not hear of it????
Will call Thor on Monday to see how good they are. Have a local LaMeza dealer that I will check out.
I love the coach otherwise and the mileage I got per gallon [11.2-12.0] no-toad. Probably would of gotten more but wind conditions would a little high.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed! Also, is there any "Palazzo Rally's" planned for the future?

Greetings from the Colorado High Country!!!

Sorry for the coach issues you are experiencing. Hopefully you can get better responses from CW in the future. As others have said here on this thread before, its just part of buying a new coach and working through the issues. Most units, no matter what manufacturer, have new unit issues. Actually you can get a lot of good information and help from other rv/Palazzo owners on this thread.

I think others have already given you good tips/information about your generator starting issue. I also have to hold the start button 10 to 30 seconds before it starts. During the clicking sounds it is fueling and heating up from a cold start. The colder the unit - the longer the clicking sound and warm up. Diesel units are probably harder to start than gas units in cold weather. Has anyone out there started their generator in fairly cold conditions??? The coldest temperature I have started mine is probably near freezing.

As to water in the pantry floor/bottom I would check out the clothes washer hoses. You can see them by removing the access panel in the adjacent wardrobe closet. If you place your feet in the closet bottom be sure to put your weight around the edge of the closet floor or you might break through the floor. I assume you have a washer & dryer as my 33.2 does. If not there might be plumbing present in that area for future hookups. It is a good area to become familiar with for future issues as you travel around.

There is a planned Thor Diesel Club rally planned for the last week in April at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The last TDC rally was in Goshen, Indiana this past October. I believe there was 6 Palazzos represented there out of about 70 coaches. Pretty good representation for about only two years of production of a new model. Great rally!!!! Go to the Thor Diesel Club web site for more information. Jack Arnold, who contributes a lot on this thread, is one of the co-sponsors for the Myrtle Beach rally. You might want to contact him for good information. Lots of good people on this site!!!!

We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #2474

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
Hold It Down Longer. It's warming up and pumping fuel. Clicking sound normal. Might take 20 to 30 secs if cold outside.
Thank you so very much!........You are correct......leaned on button for about 20 seconds and it started!!!!!!! Being in FLA....I presumed it would start right away! You guys are great! Did find that coach batteries start the generator not the main engine chassis ones.

Washing machine connections were tight.....bottom of pantry is dry today??? Now.....since we have a residential refrigerator.....the freezer should go to defrost mode here and there.......the water usually runs down a tube to a pan below the compressor so as to the heat of it will evaporate it. So maybe a pot hole made the water jump the pan????? Plus washing machine connections on other side????? Go figure!

Crawled on my back to see if their was any loose connections to radio/camera monitor......not much there......all looked tight! DEALER TIME.

I will plan on going to the Mytle Beach rally in April! Would be great to meet some of the names on this forum and to share more information.

Question Mr ER Starck: You mentioned this Thor tech knew of the wiring being done backwards......Where were the connections that were wrong? Battery compartment or in the front?????

Thanks Again for all the feed back guys!
Old 11-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #2475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post

Washing machine connections were tight.....bottom of pantry is dry today???
If you do have the washer/dryer, there is also a drainage plug behind the kick plate at the bottom of the washer - might want to check that to make sure it's screwed in tight.

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 11-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #2476

Don Voyage,

Greetings!!! As to your question as to where did the Thor tech find the wiring problem. I do not know the exact cable positions but I believe he made the correction in the area of the inverter bay. He worked mainly in the batteries bay and the inverter bay. I do not believe he ever got behind the front hood or the forward bay on the drivers side. After I gave him my problems/issues with the electrical and batteries I kind of got out of his way and let him have at it. I have found that I get better and quicker results from service techs if I stay out of their way.

Good to hear the generator fired up for you. One less thing to worry about. I really do like the generator in the Palazzo. It is so smooth running and quiet compared to the one we had in our previous class C coach. Our old gasser was so loud that it was useless to turn on the TV, which required 110 volts power, in the evenings while dry camping. It is also great to have the 12volt TV units in the Palazzo which work fine off of the coach batteries.

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #2477

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
I saw a thread on one of the Palazzo forums that discussed how to fix the shower faucet valves on a 36.1 but can not find it using the search tool. My faucets are not attached to the wall...just the shower enclosure so you can move the controls in and out. Anyone had this problem and thought out a fix?
I had the same problem with my 36.1. The shower fixture is not attached to the wall. It's currently being serviced for warranty issues and this is one of items on the list.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #2478

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Thanks to Dave and Alice I have solved the cable TV issue, but I am still with both locks of the diesel doors in a stuck open position. I tried to close them turning the little handle pretty hard, but I am afraid to break them if I turn them too hard. Is this a common problem or are just my locks that do not work? Anybody has tried to change them with something more sturdy?
Mauro
2014 33.2
Mine open up while I'm driving. I would love a solution to this problem. I have always thought them to be very flimsy. Our 2014 Hurricane had metal doors and I was surprised to see them made of plastic on the Palazzo. Please post a fix if you find one. I'd like to address this issue before mine pop off. It's just a matter of time.
Closed Thread