RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #2493

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
My full wall slide rattles very badly when driving. I have to pull over, pull it out slightly, then bring it back in every hour or so. Additionally, when the slide is in, the lower front corner of the slide protrudes further than the other three corners. I suspect there is something wrong there. It doesn't come in all the way. It sticks out about an inch or more away from the exterior, but only on that one corner. That is the same place where the loud rattling is. I took it in for warranty service and today was told that Thor says I need to use my travel bar. That in order for the slide to stay put, the travel bar must remain in place. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? I never had to use the travel bar before, not on our 2014 Hurricane with the same full wall slide. I want to make sure this issue is addressed before my warranty runs out.
Had the same issue. During factory visit the slide was shimmed to aline gears. No problems or noise since.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #2494

Quote:
My full wall slide rattles very badly when driving. I have to pull over, pull it out slightly, then bring it back in every hour or so. Additionally, when the slide is in, the lower front corner of the slide protrudes further than the other three corners. I suspect there is something wrong there. It doesn't come in all the way. It sticks out about an inch or more away from the exterior, but only on that one corner. That is the same place where the loud rattling is.

I took it in for warranty service and today was told that Thor says I need to use my travel bar. That in order for the slide to stay put, the travel bar must remain in place.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? I never had to use the travel bar before, not on our 2014 Hurricane with the same full wall slide.

I want to make sure this issue is addressed before my warranty runs out.
I don't need the travel bar. Your slide not retracting evenly is a sign of an issue. I believe that the factory warranty service is the solution to the problem. I plan to do that and it will be time well spent.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 12-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #2495

Quote:
My full wall slide rattles very badly when driving. I have to pull over, pull it out slightly, then bring it back in every hour or so. Additionally, when the slide is in, the lower front corner of the slide protrudes further than the other three corners. I suspect there is something wrong there. It doesn't come in all the way. It sticks out about an inch or more away from the exterior, but only on that one corner. That is the same place where the loud rattling is. I took it in for warranty service and today was told that Thor says I need to use my travel bar. That in order for the slide to stay put, the travel bar must remain in place. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? I never had to use the travel bar before, not on our 2014 Hurricane with the same full wall slide. I want to make sure this issue is addressed before my warranty runs out.
I called Thor and spoke with Tom Overton about not having a travel bar. He Sid do not use it and I wouldn't need one. I do not have slide issues and if I did and had to disconnect the motors from the shafts then I could use anything to prop the slide such as 2x4's etc. I guess the worry of trying to open your slide and you forget the travel bar then Ouch!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #2496

36.1 Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I called Thor and spoke with Tom Overton about not having a travel bar. He Sid do not use it and I wouldn't need one. I do not have slide issues and if I did and had to disconnect the motors from the shafts then I could use anything to prop the slide such as 2x4's etc. I guess the worry of trying to open your slide and you forget the travel bar then Ouch!
So far, we have had no slide issues. The large slide does not squeak and pop and closes evenly. I was told the travel bar was optional, I do not use it. I would forget to remove it. We have 8,500 miles on the coach since June and about 40 slide operations.

Since the system consists of two racks and pinions at each end, if the top and bottom are not in parallel, a pinion gear has jumped a tooth. that's a bad thing. I've been lubing mine with silicone spray. I confirm that the coach is level before extending the slide. So far, so good.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #2497

Anyone looked at the 2014 Palazzo 35.1 ? I've been doing some checking around on the web. I think I may try to sell or trade if possible. I sure do like the floor plan. I have around 3k on my 33.1 with no trouble to tell about except having the shower door alined.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnmiller View Post
Anyone looked at the 2014 Palazzo 35.1 ? I've been doing some checking around on the web. I think I may try to sell or trade if possible. I sure do like the floor plan. I have around 3k on my 33.1 with no trouble to tell about except having the shower door alined.
I have not see one in person but I do like the floor plan so I would be interested in hearing from someone who has seen or purchased one.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #2499

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Here is a list of Palazzo owners that I compiled.

2LT - 33.1
audigger - 33.2
Batten54 - 36.1 *
bbc5 - 33.2
beagletim - 33.3
Berlin Kid - 33.1 *
billyo - 33.2
Boatbird - 36.1 *
BracyFam - 33.2
BrianGould - 36.1 *
briank92587 - 33.1
Bruner - 36.1
Butte64 - 33.1
campesino - 33.1 *
ChallengerRN - 33.2
ClaremoreKid - 33.1
CJ2014 - 36.1 *
Dadd - 33.2 *
Dalez - 33.1
DC1957 - 33.3
dchamberlain - 33.2
DGR North - 33.2 *
Dobedriver - 33.2
dogmum53 -33.1
Don Voyage -33.2 *
DPCruzer - 33.2
DP Guy - 33.2
Dvillalo - 33.2 *
EDnNANCI - 33.2
ERStarck - 33.2
et_ky - 33.???
fastidious - 33.3 *
Freedom65 - 33.1
Firstimers - 33.1
Gingerela - 36.1 *
gramps2578 - 33.1
Gropler - 33.3 *
HappyCamper7 - 33.3 *
HDRoadking - 33.2 *
HeavyH2O - 33.3 *
HVAC Bill - 33.3 *
LarThoman - 33.2
Indianjim - 36,1
Indy1951 - 33.2 *
J.Kuralt - 33.1
J Walker - 33.2 *
JackieWilder - 33.2
jimbooth25 - 33.3
jmoore - 33.3
joecathysw - 36.1
John Jupiter - 33.3
js43 - 33.2 *
jwshawaii - 33.1 *
kokofriend - 33.2 *
lakings10 - 36.1 *
Luvrkds - 33.2
MacGyver1 -33.2
Mauro - 33.2 *
Mean1255 - 33.2
MikeAndPeggy - 36.1 *
mikebrls - 33.3 *
MKM - 33.2 *
mmullane - 33.2
OC Bill - 33.2
OldAero - 33.2
Oliver-Max - 33.1
Palazzoblues - 33.2 *
PalazzoFL - 33.2
Palazzoteam - 33.3
Panda - 33.2 *
Patchy - 33.1
photoguy1313 - 33.2
pjohnmiller - 33.1
pigman_sr - 33.2
pmnsurf1 - 36.1 *
ptschlep - 36.1 *
Redridge - 33.3 *
Ridinbear - 33.3
Riover - 33.3 *
RKNOLA - 33.2
Rswakon - 33.3
Russ Post - 33.2
RVOffice - 33.2
RVPharmacist - 33.2
RVRandy - 33.2
RVTravels10 - 33.2 *
Sandee01 - 33.1
Seangier - 33.2 *
SteelerFan22 -33.1
StevieD - 33.2
sunnyup - 33.1
suzettenc - 33.1
tcopeland - 33.1
Texas61 - 33.1
TheArnolds - 33.1
TK IV - 36.1 *
UltrasoundAV - 33.3
Wclark145 - 33.3
Woodburn - 33.2
Workingrver - 36.1 *
wstrace3 - 33.3
wyowillie - 33.1
ZCDAD - 33.3 *

Have I missed anyone?

Thanks to Route 66 for allowing me to edit this post!
WOW! 103 Palazzo owners
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #2500

I've been trying to make a deal on one and trade my 33.2. I like the idea of the shorter large slide. Dealer is still rather proud of it. Ha. We are still $10,000 apart on price. I won't be the one raising my price. So I guess I'll be staying with my 33.2. My 33.2 has had some issues but all have been corrected at the factory.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #2501

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnmiller View Post
I have been wondering if the big expansion with Thor moving some production to another plant and ramping up production so quickly has contributed to some of the quality issues we have been reading about. This may be something to consider in addition to the big depreciation hit. I also am happy with the smaller big slide that has worked perfectly so far and I prefer the bed orientation of the 33.1. Nobody has to walk around it in the middle of the night.

Best wishes with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #2502

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
has any of you palazzo owners installed the genii true exhaust system for the generator. going to be dry camping in mid February and want to get one so i can use the generator with out the worries of the exhaust coming into mine or others rv. Any input and or pics of the set up will be great, looking at purchasing what i need probably within the next week of so, so i can have time to install it and get it ready to be used and try it out here at home with out the rush of doing it at the campground.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #2503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I have been wondering if the big expansion with Thor moving some production to another plant and ramping up production so quickly has contributed to some of the quality issues we have been reading about. This may be something to consider in addition to the big depreciation hit. I also am happy with the smaller big slide that has worked perfectly so far and I prefer the bed orientation of the 33.1. Nobody has to walk around it in the middle of the night. Best wishes with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
My thought on the expansion to other plants can't hurt. All of our units that we've had issues with were made at the North plant before the expansion. The 35.1 has a king bed too.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #2504

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
has any of you palazzo owners installed the genii true exhaust system for the generator. going to be dry camping in mid February and want to get one so i can use the generator with out the worries of the exhaust coming into mine or others rv. Any input and or pics of the set up will be great, looking at purchasing what i need probably within the next week of so, so i can have time to install it and get it ready to be used and try it out here at home with out the rush of doing it at the campground.
At the NASCAR race in TX last month I talked to a guy that had a Genturi on his and really liked it. Said it was quieter too, sending exhaust noise up top. Let us know if you find any difference in brands as I'm going to get one before the April race.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianjim View Post
So far, we have had no slide issues. The large slide does not squeak and pop and closes evenly. I was told the travel bar was optional, I do not use it. I would forget to remove it. We have 8,500 miles on the coach since June and about 40 slide operations.

Since the system consists of two racks and pinions at each end, if the top and bottom are not in parallel, a pinion gear has jumped a tooth. that's a bad thing. I've been lubing mine with silicone spray. I confirm that the coach is level before extending the slide. So far, so good.
Our small bedroom slide is not parallel with the sidewall when closed. I have the same concern as you. Also, Thor told me under any circumstances do not use any lubricant on the Schwintek gears.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #2506

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
We use the genturi for tailgating at LSU. Very easy to install. You first need to remove the chrome tip from the exhaust pipe and slip their adapter over the tailpipe and tighten the the two nuts on the u bolt. The exhaust extension attaches with a pin and has 3 pieces that make it extend above the roof line. I know we have a built in co2 detector but I also plug one in and put it on the front dash and it has never detected anything and we stay for 3 days at a time at Tiger Stadium and never shut off the generator for those early september games.
Closed Thread