Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #2619

Is that near the same place you were at last year?? My palazzo is the one that you came out and measured the mud flap on last year at Quartzsite We will be there again this year too.

Russell
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #2620

Thor Owners Club
Bought a 2014 Palazzo 33.2 July 31/14. 8th rig since '74. Things I could not repair (rear A/C replaced, and, who new?, big slide problem). CW @ Okc. took care of both on different occasions in a timely fashion. Today, with only 7800 mi., wipers quit somewhere in west Texas. Good place, no rain. Dilemma is locating fuse. Dark now and will try manuals till tomorrow, or the next day, who needs wipers on such a sunny day? Has any one already found theirs fuse yet? Peter
Old 12-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #2621

The fuse panel for that is in the outside compartment under the drivers window.
There is a black panel cover to remove and if I remember correctly just pulls off. The fuse wasn't our problem, it was the motor.

Ours wouldn't come on and it was raining. We had just picked up our coach from the repair shop and was on the way home. We only got 10 miles before we had to pull over. The shop sent the mechanic to us and he spent about an hour trying to find the issue. Finally used a bigger hammer and whacked the motor a couple more times and it started working slowly. Took it straight back to the shop where it sat for another month. we just picked it up late last week. Two blocks from the shop the wiper blades fell apart.

We purchased out unit in March and it has been in the shop for ALOT of issues all total for about 4 months. Plus the time we were in it that things didn't work, like the slide, generator, etc.

Good luck.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #2622

We have put 4,200 miles on our Palazzo. Up until now we have had no problems. Sadly I must report we have now had a catastrophic event. We were heading from Ellenton, Florida to Skipperville, Alabama to visit the DW’s 90 year old father for a late Christmas. She had baked him a beautiful chocolate pie which we were taking to him. We were going to take two days to get there and planned to stay at a Wal-Mart in Chiefland. I pulled into one of the side entrances which was pretty small and the rear tire ran over the curb and that is when it happened. The refrigerator door flew open even though the door lock was in place. The pie came flying out of the frig and landed upside down. It was in a pie carrier and most of it ended up in the lid. I told her it would still taste the same, but that did not help much. This is devastating.
We went shopping at Wal-Mart and got several things. More fixings to make another pie when we get there and a modification for the refrigerator door lock. I got chocolate pie for desert and it did taste just fine. I guess I got rewarded for not laughing.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #2623

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RE: Sadly I must report we have now had a catastrophic event.

Well I sympathize but must admit I had a great feeling of relief when I got to the details of your post.

The refrigerator lock is so ineffective I cut a piece of hard plastic and added it to the lock to cover a larger area.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2624

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
The pie came flying out of the frig and landed upside down. It was in a pie carrier and most of it ended up in the lid. I told her it would still taste the same, but that did not help much. This is devastating.
Glad the problem was no worse that that. The screw in lock supplied with my refrigerator is effective and I don't see how it could fail. But the tedious task of screwing it in was too much for me. I took a long bungee cord and hook it at the top and bottom. It is much easier and faster to use. I can't see how it can fail but we will see.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #2625

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
Glad the problem was no worse that that. The screw in lock supplied with my refrigerator is effective and I don't see how it could fail. But the tedious task of screwing it in was too much for me. I took a long bungee cord and hook it at the top and bottom. It is much easier and faster to use. I can't see how it can fail but we will see.
I've been thinking about doing something similar to keep the frig doors closed. We also had the doors open even though the knob was turned tight.

We have been enjoying our new Palazzo even though we have some kinks to work out.

Have any of you found a solution to keep the table seat cushions back in under the back cushions? They keep getting worked out when you sit on them.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #2626

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper7 View Post
I've been thinking about doing something similar to keep the frig doors closed. We also had the doors open even though the knob was turned tight. We have been enjoying our new Palazzo even though we have some kinks to work out. Have any of you found a solution to keep the table seat cushions back in under the back cushions? They keep getting worked out when you sit on them. Thanks.
My seat cushions have Velcro on the bottom of them, the Velcro attaches to another Velcro pice on the top of the wood under the cushion , only issue I have with that is the wood always lifts up and out with the cushion witch is ok since I have to life the cushion to get to the storage under it but is a pain to put it all back
Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #2627

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper7 View Post

Have any of you found a solution to keep the table seat cushions back in under the back cushions? They keep getting worked out when you sit on them.

Thanks.
Ours did not have velcro, but we added some.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
We have put 4,200 miles on our Palazzo. Up until now we have had no problems. Sadly I must report we have now had a catastrophic event. We were heading from Ellenton, Florida to Skipperville, Alabama to visit the DW’s 90 year old father for a late Christmas. She had baked him a beautiful chocolate pie which we were taking to him. We were going to take two days to get there and planned to stay at a Wal-Mart in Chiefland. I pulled into one of the side entrances which was pretty small and the rear tire ran over the curb and that is when it happened. The refrigerator door flew open even though the door lock was in place. The pie came flying out of the frig and landed upside down. It was in a pie carrier and most of it ended up in the lid. I told her it would still taste the same, but that did not help much. This is devastating.
We went shopping at Wal-Mart and got several things. More fixings to make another pie when we get there and a modification for the refrigerator door lock. I got chocolate pie for desert and it did taste just fine. I guess I got rewarded for not laughing.

you might look at camping world or hardware, find a strap (plastic, etc.) put a snap on door and snap on wall, this will secure door and also allow easy access for drinks as you are moving.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2629

Thor Owners Club
Thanks you Woodburn. I have power to wiper motor and it doesn't run. In Tucson now and will pull motor for further tests or replace. Peter
Old 12-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #2630

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
My husband and I are as new to RVing as I am to this forum. Six weeks ago we purchased a 2014 Hurricane 34J. Neither of us have any RVing experience and thought we'd start out with something comfortable for our family. With enough room to sleep 8-10, we were excited and very happy with our purchase. A friend of ours has talked a great deal about the Palazzo and now that we have a unit of our own, I have a better understanding of why he likes it so much. Well, my husband and I decided to take one for a test drive this past weekend. Wow! What a difference! No windows rattling, no barbequeing our legs above the transmission while driving, smooth and quiet ride, nicer finishes, bath and a half...what's not to love? So, here we are, six weeks into our Hurricane purchase and we want to trade it in for a Palazzo 36.1. I know it's a terrible thing to be upside down, but we think it's worth the hit. After driving the Palazzo, the only thing we'll miss about our Hurricane 34J is the king size bed and the outside kitchen. I am pretty sure I can do without them if I had a Palazzo, LOL. This forum has kept me awake for the past three nights as I have read each and every post on these 60 pages. Thank you for all the great information and warm reception you give to newbies like me. I've noticed that most of you have previously owned a motorhome or some form of recreational vehicle. We are as green as it gets! So, now to ask about the Palazzo. I'm worried about the slide problems in addition to other issues that we would most certainly be ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS about otherwise. I can barely understand the lingo, much less know what everything does or even where to find it on the coach. Making the decision to trade up to the Palazzo was easy, that's for sure. I had chosen my color, but I just received an email from the dealer with the new 2014 colors. Not sure I'm crazy about any of them in particular. I was rather fond of the Galleria exterior. Anyhow, many thanks to all of you for such great and most valuable information. I hope our transaction is finalized soon and we can hopefully cross paths in the future. Oh, and is the Thor tour worth it prior to buying? I'm tempted. I'm sure I'll have a million questions from here on in, so I thank you in advance for your patience
Hi Clara,
Really enjoyed meeting and speaking with you in the Target parking lot a short time ago. After reading your initial post (above), you sure have gained a lot of since then. Congrats !!!!!!! Continued having fun with your Palazzo.

Bill & Dot

2013, 33.2
Old 12-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #2631

First time member. We had problems with our wall slide at first but the dealer seems to have fixed the problem. It seems this is a common issue after purchase. Any ideas why and should I be concerned that the problem will return?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdelano View Post
First time member. We had problems with our wall slide at first but the dealer seems to have fixed the problem. It seems this is a common issue after purchase. Any ideas why and should I be concerned that the problem will return?
These slide issues are very well documented on these forums. Not sure which palazzo you have but my guess is you have the large slide.

Many of us with the large slides have had issues. Many of us have been to the factory and they will be able to correct your issues. Thor have sent techs to dealers for repairs to. Your dealer might be able to repair with Thor's assistance.

In my opinion Thor put this huge slide on with parts that were not capable of moving that much mass. That being said I believe that Thor is standing behind their problem and fixing them as the problems arise. I only wish that Thor would bring all the units back in and repair them all to the latest fix they have. That fix seems to be working.

Mine is a 33.2 and was repaired at Thor factory. Mine was fixed different than the way they are doing it now.

Make sure that your jacks are always down when using your slide. Make sure you are 100 % level. Make sure you have full electric power. Either shore power or generator. These are the three things that I make sure to do.

All the above being said I have 20,000 miles and almost zero issues with the drivetrain part. Handles perfect on the level road and the hills. Don't keep good fuel records but 10+ mpg my guess. Some other small issues on the coach part all corrected.

Russell
Closed Thread