RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #2661
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
They say that Chevrolet is returning the 4 door 4 X 4 Colorado pick up this year and it will be towable

Russell
Greetings from Colorado - The Centennial State!!! FYI, in 2011 we purchased a new 2011 GMC Canyon which is basically the same as the Chevy Colorado model just different labels. We bought the SLE model with auto transmission and the 5.3 V8 engine. Tows with all four down when you place the transmission into freewheeling or neutral. Very easy to put into freewheel. We have towed it over 20,000 miles without any issues. Since it only weighs only about 3700 lbs., we don't even know it is behind our tow unit. Love it!!! My understanding is that since they stopped making the Canyon and Colorado models they gone through redesign and will be available in 2015. I have read that in place on the V8 engine the are going to replace it with a V6 engine option which is fine because the V8 which I have is almost overpowered for the size of the truck. I have also driven the smaller 5 cylinder engine and it was a dog - absolutely gutless. Almost went for another pickup truck unit until the DW found this V8 powered unit. This being a four door crew cab, we finally sold the DW's Honda Pilot because it just sat in our garage - didn't use it anymore. For the first time in 49 years of marriage we are down to one vehicle. Great to save on $ for licenses and insurance.

We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
__________________
Ed Starck
2013 33.2 Palazzo with 2011 GMC Canyon toad
FMCA 422438 Windsor Colordo
ERStarck is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #2662
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakton, Va
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
How does one go about checking for stored codes? I'd love to see what's on there, especially after the dash went out.
I got out my manual and then played with it a while and got there. I can't quote the sequence to you. I would spend some time with the manual and experimenting. There is lots of information stored.
__________________
Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #2663
Member
 
pmcsurf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post

How many owners have had to "take" their Palazzo's back to the factory to get the slide out issues fixed?
Waiting for mine to go back now.
__________________
2014 Thor Palazzo 36.1Toad 1996 Civic
Boat 25' Carolina Skiff
pmcsurf1 is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #2664
Member
 
pmcsurf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Forgot to mention something that happened on our drive home yesterday. I was driving at 65mph on I95 when all of a sudden my dashboard beeped and died. All the lights came on at once (same as when you first turn the ignition on), then all the dials went haywire, the DEF light flashed red and then everything turned off for a second and then came back on. The only thing that didn't come back on was the cruise control which had been running at the time. We immediately called FL and they said there is some kind of short to the dash electronics.

Well, I about had a heart attack! I had no idea what was going on and it really frightened me. Anyone else have this problem? They told me I have to take it in to FL to have it checked out. It also started pulling to the right after this incident. I can't help but wonder if it is related or just a coincidence. Any ideas?
Happened to me twice. Both times at night. All dash lights turned off then came back on. I've not done anything about it but my coach has to go back to freightliner for a pulling issue. Gonna have them look at it then.
__________________
2014 Thor Palazzo 36.1Toad 1996 Civic
Boat 25' Carolina Skiff
pmcsurf1 is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #2665
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Greetings from Colorado - The Centennial State!!! FYI, in 2011 we purchased a new 2011 GMC Canyon which is basically the same as the Chevy Colorado model just different labels. We bought the SLE model with auto transmission and the 5.3 V8 engine. Tows with all four down when you place the transmission into freewheeling or neutral. Very easy to put into freewheel. We have towed it over 20,000 miles without any issues. Since it only weighs only about 3700 lbs., we don't even know it is behind our tow unit. Love it!!! My understanding is that since they stopped making the Canyon and Colorado models they gone through redesign and will be available in 2015. I have read that in place on the V8 engine the are going to replace it with a V6 engine option which is fine because the V8 which I have is almost overpowered for the size of the truck. I have also driven the smaller 5 cylinder engine and it was a dog - absolutely gutless. Almost went for another pickup truck unit until the DW found this V8 powered unit. This being a four door crew cab, we finally sold the DW's Honda Pilot because it just sat in our garage - didn't use it anymore. For the first time in 49 years of marriage we are down to one vehicle. Great to save on $ for licenses and insurance. We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!! Regards, Ed Starck
Their web site says that they will have a small diesel motor available in the Colorado also??
Web say available in 2014 but they have delayed it quite a bit so far ?

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #2666
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
Waiting for mine to go back now.
While I have not experienced the major slide issues that some others, especially 2013 models, I do have one corner that does not come in completely. It also loosens while I'm driving so after an hour or so, I pull over, bring it out a few inches, and then bring it back in. It works for a bit until it loosens again.I was told by Thor to bring it to Elkhart where they can adjust it. My bedroom slide just started creaking and crackling while sliding out. This is new, so I guess they'll have to check that out, too.

I have a list of other things they need to check, but only one other that relates to the full slide, and that's the compartment doors that don't open when the full slide is extended.

I'll be there in late February, weather permitting.
Gingerela is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #2667
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
How many owners have had to "take" their Palazzo's back to the factory to get the slide out issues fixed?
While I have not experienced the major slide issues that some others, especially 2013 models, I do have one corner that does not come in completely. It also loosens while I'm driving so after an hour or so, I pull over, bring it out a few inches, and then bring it back in. It works for a bit until it loosens again.I was told by Thor to bring it to Elkhart where they can adjust it. My bedroom slide just started creaking and crackling while sliding out. This is new, so I guess they'll have to check that out, too.

I have a list of other things they need to check, but only one other that relates to the full slide, and that's the compartment doors that don't open when the full slide is extended.

I'll be there in late February, weather permitting.
Gingerela is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #2668
2LT
Senior Member
 
2LT's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 673
PM

Gingerela -

Left you a PM --

Thanks !
__________________
2018 LTV Wonder FTB
2LT is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #2669
Senior Member
 
Batten54's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lamar, Missouri
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Let us know if you ever find what was loose. Definitely a scary situation.
Yup! We've had that one too. Went off a few seconds the first time and came back on. A few days later dash went dead and did not come back on! Called FL on the fly and they told us how to get to nearest location Redding CA.

The module with the three lines of info center dash controls gauges too. The had one flown in and replaced next day...end of THAT problem.
__________________
Gary & Misty
2014 F250 Diesel, PullRite SuperGlide, AirLift 5000s
2017 Keystone Sprinter 298FWRLS
Batten54 is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #2670
Senior Member
 
Petcar's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 125
Windshield wiper on Palazzo update, from a guy that wasted a lot of time. Fuse checked good as did motor, and switch. Did more looking and found a 5 amp fuse labeled "TV RELAY, STEP, BIRD" (bird?) blown in position F 27. When replaced, wiper started working. Step and TV worked all the time, don't know about the bird, ALL my fingers work. Some engineer is laughing somewhere. Peter
__________________
14 Palazzo 33.2. Peter, Carole, and Buzz. Where am I goin'? I don't know Where am I headin'? I ain't certain
All I know Is I am on my way! (plagiarised)
Petcar is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #2671
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petcar View Post
Windshield wiper on Palazzo update, from a guy that wasted a lot of time. Fuse checked good as did motor, and switch. Did more looking and found a 5 amp fuse labeled "TV RELAY, STEP, BIRD" (bird?) blown in position F 27. When replaced, wiper started working. Step and TV worked all the time, don't know about the bird, ALL my fingers work. Some engineer is laughing somewhere. Peter
Speaking of electrical matters, I have a naive question. I keep my 2014 33.2 in a heated hangar and it is plugged in. I take it in and out of the hangar once a week since my airplane sits behind it. I also let it idle for about ten minutes while the plane comes out. Yesterday, I saw the message "low battery" and I was surprised because I thought that when it is plugged in all batteries are kept full. I was obviously wrong. It seems that while the house batteries are kept charged, the engine batteries are not. Is this the correct interpretation? Should one have e separate charger attached to the engine batteries? Thanks,
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #2672
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Speaking of electrical matters, I have a naive question. I keep my 2014 33.2 in a heated hangar and it is plugged in. I take it in and out of the hangar once a week since my airplane sits behind it. I also let it idle for about ten minutes while the plane comes out. Yesterday, I saw the message "low battery" and I was surprised because I thought that when it is plugged in all batteries are kept full. I was obviously wrong. It seems that while the house batteries are kept charged, the engine batteries are not. Is this the correct interpretation? Should one have e separate charger attached to the engine batteries? Thanks,
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
You are correct about engine batteries not charging when plugged in. But they should not be dropping so much in just a week.

Also you should reconsider all that idling, it is not good for engines using DEF.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #2673
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petcar View Post
Windshield wiper on Palazzo update, from a guy that wasted a lot of time. Fuse checked good as did motor, and switch. Did more looking and found a 5 amp fuse labeled "TV RELAY, STEP, BIRD" (bird?) blown in position F 27. When replaced, wiper started working. Step and TV worked all the time, don't know about the bird, ALL my fingers work. Some engineer is laughing somewhere. Peter
"BIRD" stands for "Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay". It is a small black box with the name spelled out on the cover of the box.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #2674
Senior Member
 
Petcar's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 125
Thank you Jack OR Karen, I will do more studying. Peter
__________________
14 Palazzo 33.2. Peter, Carole, and Buzz. Where am I goin'? I don't know Where am I headin'? I ain't certain
All I know Is I am on my way! (plagiarised)
Petcar is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.