RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #2703

I was told by a Thor rep that there will always be a parasitic load, however small, on the chassis batteries with the rotary disconnect left in the on position. Mauro's experience does seem to demonstrate that.

I've installed 100 watts of solar panels on the roof to maintain the batteries at my storage facility, since I don't have access to shore power there. With that setup, I have a diode across the solenoid battery connections to allow charging of the chassis batteries while charging the coach batteries, but preventing any drawdown on the chassis batteries when there's no sun. So far that setup is working well.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #2704

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
can anyone give me the size of the water filter so i can go get one tomorrow? i would look but my palazzo is frozen shut and i don't want to break anything trying to get into the unit or the storage bays, todays high here in harrisburg was 10 degrees, tomorrow will be 27
Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
can anyone give me the size of the water filter so i can go get one tomorrow? i would look but my palazzo is frozen shut and i don't want to break anything trying to get into the unit or the storage bays, todays high here in harrisburg was 10 degrees, tomorrow will be 27
I have a spare in the box so I will read what is on the box.

Brand: Flow-Pur #8
Model# WCBCS975-RV

Stay warm!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #2706

Haven't posted in a while but I think I'm about to be back with a vengeance. First of all thanks to all of you who do post, I've learned an awful lot from this here forum. Second, I too have had the dashboard problem (turns off) it's only happened to me twice; I've mentioned it to Thor and was told to contact Freightliner to get it fixed, I'll let you know how that turns out.

I'm taking my coach to Thor to get it fixed, I have several issues and one of them is with the slide so I decided it would be best to take it back to the source after reading some of the horror stories on here. My big question is this, when I bought the coach the guy who gave us the tour of our new home said that if we are full time in the motor-home not to let the manufacturer know or it would void our warranty. Doesn't seem like a valid stipulation to me. Can anybody verify whether or not this is true? I'm not about to lie to anybody but was curious about that statement, as a newbie to rv'ing it almost seemed plausible (so overwhelmed at the time), but now it seems ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2707

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE="TheArnolds;1874873"] I have a spare in the box so I will read what is on the box. Brand: Flow-Pur #8 Model# WCBCS975-RV Stay warm![/QUOT

Thanks and will do my best on staying warm, getting ready to head south at the end of the month, just need to finalize some jobs and get a couple of parts for the jeep and thaw out the palazzo. Can't wait for warmer temps.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #2708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
Haven't posted in a while but I think I'm about to be back with a vengeance. First of all thanks to all of you who do post, I've learned an awful lot from this here forum. Second, I too have had the dashboard problem (turns off) it's only happened to me twice; I've mentioned it to Thor and was told to contact Freightliner to get it fixed, I'll let you know how that turns out.

I'm taking my coach to Thor to get it fixed, I have several issues and one of them is with the slide so I decided it would be best to take it back to the source after reading some of the horror stories on here. My big question is this, when I bought the coach the guy who gave us the tour of our new home said that if we are full time in the motor-home not to let the manufacturer know or it would void our warranty. Doesn't seem like a valid stipulation to me. Can anybody verify whether or not this is true? I'm not about to lie to anybody but was curious about that statement, as a newbie to rv'ing it almost seemed plausible (so overwhelmed at the time), but now it seems ridiculous.
Welcome back and I am looking forward to reading about your experiences. As for not telling the manufacturer that you are a full timer is odd and I do not think Thor cares how much or little you use your RV. We are not full timers but we have been living almost full time since last September and will continue until sometime in April. Many RVers use their coaches for months at a time and many use them full time. I would chalk it up to an urban myth.

Happy RVing!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #2709

Quote:
Haven't posted in a while but I think I'm about to be back with a vengeance. First of all thanks to all of you who do post, I've learned an awful lot from this here forum. Second, I too have had the dashboard problem (turns off) it's only happened to me twice; I've mentioned it to Thor and was told to contact Freightliner to get it fixed, I'll let you know how that turns out. I'm taking my coach to Thor to get it fixed, I have several issues and one of them is with the slide so I decided it would be best to take it back to the source after reading some of the horror stories on here. My big question is this, when I bought the coach the guy who gave us the tour of our new home said that if we are full time in the motor-home not to let the manufacturer know or it would void our warranty. Doesn't seem like a valid stipulation to me. Can anybody verify whether or not this is true? I'm not about to lie to anybody but was curious about that statement, as a newbie to rv'ing it almost seemed plausible (so overwhelmed at the time), but now it seems ridiculous.
I'm not sure why full time would mean anything to Thor. Probably a lot of part time owners put more mile on their units. Maybe full-time might matter to your insurance but not to Thor.

Russell
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #2710

I have a Palazzo 2013 33.1 my filter is Flow-Pur GAC replacement cart.
ZAJ10048 02642 3
Hope this helps
John
Old 01-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #2711

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

On page 9 of the 2013 "Tuscany Palazzo Thor Motor Coach Owner's Manual (dark blue cover) it states: "CAUTION This product is designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel. Use of this product for long term or permanent occupancy may lead to premature deterioration of interior finishes, fabrics, carpeting, drapes, or components. Damage or deterioration due to long term occupancy may not be considered normal, and may under the terms of the warranty, constitute misuse, abuse, or neglect, and may reduce or void certain warranty protection."

John Jupiter
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post
On page 9 of the 2013 "Tuscany Palazzo Thor Motor Coach Owner's Manual (dark blue cover) it states: "CAUTION This product is designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel. Use of this product for long term or permanent occupancy may lead to premature deterioration of interior finishes, fabrics, carpeting, drapes, or components. Damage or deterioration due to long term occupancy may not be considered normal, and may under the terms of the warranty, constitute misuse, abuse, or neglect, and may reduce or void certain warranty protection."

John Jupiter
I think that is not ONLY a Thor policy. I'm pretty sure many, if not all, of the coach builders incorporate a similar statement in their "warranty". Notice there are a lot of "may" in it. It is more of a "cover their butts" provision in case they need one......BUT, I can't say I've ever read a post claiming that an OEM ever actually USED it to deny a claim.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #2713

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post

John Jupiter
John,

This is a CWA statement understanding that the coach warranty is only for 1 year how much unusual wear and tear can one experience in that year?

Many of us have made improvements over the original design plus upgrades from the original equipment. Otherwise the condition of my interior looks as good as the day we took delivery 19 months ago and we have used our Palazzo a lot, almost 15,000 miles.

Those that are having slide problems have nothing to do with amount of use but due to a poor design used on the long slide. Those of us that purchased the 33.1 model have had little to not problems. To my knowledge no one has had a problem with the bedroom slide that use the same equipment as the other slides.

Jack
Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #2714

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
To my knowledge no one has had a problem with the bedroom slide that use the same equipment as the other slides.

Jack
The rear slide out on ours does not close properly at the bottom. I can put my hand in between the side wall and the slide out fascia/weather seal at the bottom. The top closes fine. Later we came to find out that the bottom of the slide out hit's the bed frame. Thor says the bed frame needs to be moved to allow the slide out to fully close.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
The rear slide out on ours does not close properly at the bottom. I can put my hand in between the side wall and the slide out fascia/weather seal at the bottom. The top closes fine. Later we came to find out that the bottom of the slide out hit's the bed frame. Thor says the bed frame needs to be moved to allow the slide out to fully close.
If there had to be one I am sorry it had to be you with everything else you have going on with your large slide...I stand corrected
Old 01-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #2716

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
John, This is a CWA statement understanding that the coach warranty is only for 1 year how much unusual wear and tear can one experience in that year? Many of us have made improvements over the original design plus upgrades from the original equipment. Otherwise the condition of my interior looks as good as the day we took delivery 19 months ago and we have used our Palazzo a lot, almost 15,000 miles. Those that are having slide problems have nothing to do with amount of use but due to a poor design used on the long slide. Those of us that purchased the 33.1 model have had little to not problems. To my knowledge no one has had a problem with the bedroom slide that use the same equipment as the other slides. Jack
Jack.

You are exactly right in my opinion on smaller slides. Very little problems if any at all there. That's why I was trying to trade for the 35.1. But all the dealers know the problem with the large slides and the are penalizing anyone trying to trade one in.

That why Thor needs to get the proper fix to all those units. The large slide owners should not have to take the hit for Thor. And should not have to worry every time they run that slide out. Much less listen to that popping noise.

During the Thor tour they told us they were debt free and had millions in the bank. I think that is super. So if that is the case let Thor make it right.

NOW what if Thor can not fix this issue. That a whole new can of worms.

I for one am not destitute and will survive. My coach has served me well so far and I have been able to go everyplace & get back without being without mine as some have.

I feel like it has hurt the value of my coach by at least $15,000. How do the large slide owners get that back??

My 2 cents. Probably not worth a penny. Hopefully Thor will make it right. ??

Russell
Closed Thread