RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #2717
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
If there had to be one I am sorry it had to be you with everything else you have going on with your large slide...I stand corrected
Yup, after the large slide out issues, we are really being very critical about a lot of other stuff too, I will admit. However, I think we have a right to. At this point there are some things in the works between Camping World and Thor to help us. We are pretty much waiting right now. To update everyone, our Palazzo is still sitting at the dealers lot waiting for more repairs. It has come back from paint and I must say, it looked pretty good. However, there are other problems that still have yet to be addressed. This makes 50 days our Palazzo has been without us.
Palazzoblues is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #2718
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post
On page 9 of the 2013 "Tuscany Palazzo Thor Motor Coach Owner's Manual (dark blue cover) it states: "CAUTION This product is designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel. Use of this product for long term or permanent occupancy may lead to premature deterioration of interior finishes, fabrics, carpeting, drapes, or components. Damage or deterioration due to long term occupancy may not be considered normal, and may under the terms of the warranty, constitute misuse, abuse, or neglect, and may reduce or void certain warranty protection."

John Jupiter
Found that after I asked the question. Thanks. I'm guessing the guy who told me that could probably tell me a story or two of how that claused has been put into action.
Riover is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #2719
Senior Member
 
BoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Clover, SC
Posts: 254
New to IRV2--Palazzo 2014 33.2 Owner

I am new to IRV2 but have read all the posts on the Palazzo Owners thread. Thanks to all for your prolific posting. Seems my problems are common to many who have the Palazzo 33.2 I have the 2014 model. Picked it up from Tom Johnson Concord on June 28, 2013. We tow a 2010 Chevy Colorado 4x4. We traded in our Fleetwood Storm we had for a little over a year and which we had purchased from Tom Johnson in Marion. We ended up in Concord instead of Marion because they had transferred the 33.2 we wanted to try from Marion to Concord. Very nice sales people at both locations. Concord is actually closer to us (40 miles versus 80.)
We only thought we had some problems with our Fleetwood. The Palazzo has given us a whole new meaning of the word complicated.
Picked up on June 28 and spent two weeks prepping for travel. DW is very picky on having everything in place. Decided to have a shake down cruise to Fletcher NC (near Asheville) with the two grand darlings. Two nights were good. Good thing I read the information on the exhaust brake as coming down the Saluda grade (7% for several miles) in a rainstorm was a test. Definitely could not use standard braking as rear end fish tailed when I tapped the brake.
Prepped to go for another weekend a couple of weeks later, but hurt my back. During this prep used generator for ac units. As many know some bad fuel pumps were in several of the units causing failure. Ours was one so we made appointment to return to Tom Johnson—Concord. Unit was stored in a shed and when I entered, I noticed mouse droppings all over coach inside. (DW had been assured that the unit was sealed from the outside. Most of you know that to not be true.) Worst yet, as I slipped into the drivers seat, I noticed my company in the passenger side. A five to six foot black snake. I don’t know who actually got out first, cause I was heading for the door and he for parts unknown. Sealing was definitely part of the list in addition to the generator repair. Unit was returned to TJ-Concord August 8. We were given a time frame of three weeks to get all items fixed. List of items to be fixed about 16 items. Six weeks later, (after sitting at home during a scheduled week of vacation) we finally picked up the unit. Several items had not been completed even though they were crossed off as completed on the ticket. TJ folks scrambled to complete all of these missing items, but pickup took all day instead of the hour we planned.
DW and I spent another weekend at Fletcher, NC as additional shakedown. Rear window leaked in the rain and flooded floor at bed. We had also noticed that the front shade would not move. It was working prior to the sojourn at the dealer. Went to Myrtle Beach Travel Park for five nights in October. Large slide went out part way and stopped. Spent 1st night with slide stuck in. Next afternoon a tech from CW of Myrtle Beach came and pulled motor, repaired enough to make it work. The bolt that keeps the motor from turning had sheared off. As we prepared to leave MB we held our breath but the slide went in. We do use the travel bar when moving the coach.
Returned home and called T J- Concord. They said their shop booked until mid November. This was mid-October. Nov 15 took unit to Concord. We are scheduled to pick it up tomorrow 1/10. As we figure we have spent 9 nights in the unit. We have had the unit 6 months. 4 ˝ months have been either in or waiting for the shop. As I retired effective Jan 2 we plan to spend a lot of time in the Palazzo. Based on your posts, I will spend time with the tech tomorrow putting slides in and out, searching for loose parts and looking at inverter compartment fans, windshield nuts, screws under slides and compartment sealing. I have had compartment doors pop open while driving. We will check that also. I would like to attend the TDC rally at Myrtle Beach in April. If my unit can stay out of the shop we plan to be there.
__________________
Bob & Rita
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2
2010 Chevy Colorado toad
BoDu is online now  
Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #2720
Senior Member
 
BoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Clover, SC
Posts: 254
Update on slide problem

An update from my initial post on picking up the unit from Tom Johnson—Concord. DW, dog and I showed up at TJ to see our Palazzo for the first time since mid-November. We went through the work list with Allen the service writer and decided to test the slides to see that they actually worked after repair. We dutifully lowered the unit, and then leveled the unit. We held our breath as the large slide successfully extended fully. We went over a number of items and were near ready to leave but decided we needed to see the slide go in and out a few times to make us feel better. Allen retracted the slide and then started it back out. Then a fatal mistake. He stopped briefly as he extended the slide. When he started back up we heard a loud pop and then no further movement occurred. This fault duplicated our problem at Myrtle Beach Travel Park in October. The pin holding the motor sheared causing the motor to spin and the wire leads to break. Mike the tech (certified on the Swinteck system by Thor) came in and reviewed the issue. He tells us that he will have to replace the assembly. I asked if he needed have the unit taken to Elkhart and he replied that he could do the work. He thinks the issue with the slide now is related to tolerances and adjustment. This 2014 has a build date of May 2013 and is the upgraded system with more rollers and higher torque motors. At least we got to see our unit again. It has been so long since we saw it we almost did not recognize it.
__________________
Bob & Rita
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2
2010 Chevy Colorado toad
BoDu is online now  
Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #2721
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
An update from my initial post on picking up the unit from Tom Johnson—Concord. DW, dog and I showed up at TJ to see our Palazzo for the first time since mid-November. We went through the work list with Allen the service writer and decided to test the slides to see that they actually worked after repair. We dutifully lowered the unit, and then leveled the unit. We held our breath as the large slide successfully extended fully. We went over a number of items and were near ready to leave but decided we needed to see the slide go in and out a few times to make us feel better. Allen retracted the slide and then started it back out. Then a fatal mistake. He stopped briefly as he extended the slide. When he started back up we heard a loud pop and then no further movement occurred. This fault duplicated our problem at Myrtle Beach Travel Park in October. The pin holding the motor sheared causing the motor to spin and the wire leads to break. Mike the tech (certified on the Swinteck system by Thor) came in and reviewed the issue. He tells us that he will have to replace the assembly. I asked if he needed have the unit taken to Elkhart and he replied that he could do the work. He thinks the issue with the slide now is related to tolerances and adjustment. This 2014 has a build date of May 2013 and is the upgraded system with more rollers and higher torque motors. At least we got to see our unit again. It has been so long since we saw it we almost did not recognize it.
So sorry to see about all this. I know what it feels like to be recently retired and unable to use the Palazzo, although for totally different reason. I hope we are both able to get on the road soon.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #2722
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Oh my God
Palazzoblues is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #2723
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
An update from my initial post on picking up the unit from Tom Johnson—Concord. DW, dog and I showed up at TJ to see our Palazzo for the first time since mid-November. We went through the work list with Allen the service writer and decided to test the slides to see that they actually worked after repair. We dutifully lowered the unit, and then leveled the unit. We held our breath as the large slide successfully extended fully. We went over a number of items and were near ready to leave but decided we needed to see the slide go in and out a few times to make us feel better. Allen retracted the slide and then started it back out. Then a fatal mistake. He stopped briefly as he extended the slide. When he started back up we heard a loud pop and then no further movement occurred. This fault duplicated our problem at Myrtle Beach Travel Park in October. The pin holding the motor sheared causing the motor to spin and the wire leads to break. Mike the tech (certified on the Swinteck system by Thor) came in and reviewed the issue. He tells us that he will have to replace the assembly. I asked if he needed have the unit taken to Elkhart and he replied that he could do the work. He thinks the issue with the slide now is related to tolerances and adjustment. This 2014 has a build date of May 2013 and is the upgraded system with more rollers and higher torque motors. At least we got to see our unit again. It has been so long since we saw it we almost did not recognize it.
Really sorry to hear of your problems. Just hope Thor figures this out

Russell.
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #2724
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Positive thing. Checking and airing the rear duals isn't bad. The front tires on the other hand are a PITA. I took a length of vinyl tubing that snugly fits over the valve stem cap and inserted a section of dowel into the tubing making it rigid and gives me a handle. I can now use this to reach in and remove the valve cap and then reinstall it after checking the pressure. My fingers don't fit well into the opening. Have dropped the cap and had to remove the wheel cover to retrieve it.

I am filling the water tank and it is taking a long time. I listened while I turned the valve to the fill position and set it so I heard the most sound. There isn't a stop detention at the fill position. Can't believe how slow it is. Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #2725
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Positive thing. Checking and airing the rear duals isn't bad. The front tires on the other hand are a PITA. I took a length of vinyl tubing that snugly fits over the valve stem cap and inserted a section of dowel into the tubing making it rigid and gives me a handle. I can now use this to reach in and remove the valve cap and then reinstall it after checking the pressure. My fingers don't fit well into the opening. Have dropped the cap and had to remove the wheel cover to retrieve it. I am filling the water tank and it is taking a long time. I listened while I turned the valve to the fill position and set it so I heard the most sound. There isn't a stop detention at the fill position. Can't believe how slow it is. Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?
Well the valve stems on the front are a pain. I'm not like some and check them every few hours. I pull the covers and check mine before a trip. Maybe check them in a couple weeks ?? They always seem to be ok. I will check the back one each week. If the fronts look good I'm good. My guess is some put extenders on the fronts. I did that on my last coach.

For the water tank. Mine fills slow to but it is 90 gal. Fills slow at the start quick at the end when it gets into the small part of the tank.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #2726
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Well the valve stems on the front are a pain. I'm not like some and check them every few hours. I pull the covers and check mine before a trip. Maybe check them in a couple weeks ?? They always seem to be ok. I will check the back one each week. If the fronts look good I'm good. My guess is some put extenders on the fronts. I did that on my last coach. For the water tank. Mine fills slow to but it is 90 gal. Fills slow at the start quick at the end when it gets into the small part of the tank. Russell
Checking mine prior to pulling out.

I have the 90 gal tank, it took about an hour to fill. That's ok when I am home but too slow if someone else is waiting.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #2727
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Checking mine prior to pulling out. I have the 90 gal tank, it took about an hour to fill. That's ok when I am home but too slow if someone else is waiting.
Yep that be mighty slow. Maybe 15 min tops for me. I'll let you know Wednesday. That's when I'm filling mine.

Where you heading?

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #2728
Senior Member
 
Ridinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Madisonville, La.
Posts: 178
In reference to the time to fill the FW tank: time to fill could be related to the overflow being pinched. Water going into tank requires air to leave the same space. When filling try opening sink faucets with pump off. My water fillup seemed slow also but my overflow does work but may be to small for incoming water volume.
__________________
Dale & Cecile
2017 Rockwood 2604WS TT
Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L
Ridinbear is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #2729
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
In reference to the time to fill the FW tank: time to fill could be related to the overflow being pinched. Water going into tank requires air to leave the same space. When filling try opening sink faucets with pump off. My water fillup seemed slow also but my overflow does work but may be to small for incoming water volume.
Good point and pressure also a major factor. I use a low setting on my regulator so it does not surprise me to take awhile to fill. Maybe years ago I could have figured how much pressure needed for 90 gal in 15 min with a half inch hose but I have to think about it now.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #2730
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Yep that be mighty slow. Maybe 15 min tops for me. I'll let you know Wednesday. That's when I'm filling mine. Where you heading? Russell
Headed South with no particular destination. Anywhere it is warmer than Ohio.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.