Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
DEF/Slide Controller

What's been your experience with filling DEF at a truck stop?
I could not get the nozzle to fit without making a mess.

Is there any information out there about adjusting the main slide controller? Don't have a big issue but the main slide does not seem to close even. Front edge is further out than the rear.
Unlike another post, my controller is mounted on the ceiling of the drivers side slam door compartment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I haven't tried to fill up my DEF tank at a truck stop using the pump. I have a 5 gallon jug and 2 2.5 gallon jugs that I fill up at the pump and then pour them into the DEF tank. I am not planning on taking all these tanks with me on some of our short trips. Only on an extended trip like when we went from NC up to Nova Scotia would I take at least the 5 gallon and 1 of the 2.5 gallon jugs with me.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Will be an owner after the new year... either the 33.2 or 33.3. Can you guys/gals pm me with your experience with the Palazzo as far as QC is concerned. Im a pretty handy guy and not afraid to get my hands dirty... the dealer will be my last resort as far as fixing things... of course when it comes to like bad hydraulics or a bad inverter... etc, that is different. Can I also ask what you paid for your Palazzo so I can get a feel for what is reasonable negotiating price... I hear that 25% off msrp is doable.... thanks for the feedback and Happy Holidays.
If at all possible, camp for a few nights near the dealer after your PDI. We were able to do this and came up with a punchlist of questions and items we missed during the inspection. Was very helpful.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
I was able to get the nozzle in far enough to not spill and to have the auto shut off work on the pump.

Not easy, but was able to get it aligned.

Bill
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland

Is there any information out there about adjusting the main slide controller? Don't have a big issue but the main slide does not seem to close even. Front edge is further out than the rear.
Unlike another post, my controller is mounted on the ceiling of the drivers side slam door compartment.
I could not get the nozzle in far enough to turn on at a Hess station.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #20

Heading South

We're heading south in January and have been checking a few things first. Did other Palazzo owners get a refrigerator lock with their frig? We didn't and am wondering if one is needed. I assume so.

We received a generator manual but it was for a gas/lpg model. I assume there is a difference between the gas and a diesel generator operation and maintenance. Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max
We're heading south in January and have been checking a few things first. Did other Palazzo owners get a refrigerator lock with their frig? We didn't and am wondering if one is needed. I assume so.

We received a generator manual but it was for a gas/lpg model. I assume there is a difference between the gas and a diesel generator operation and maintenance. Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks.
You really do need a refrigerator lock. The standard looks like a long 1/4 in bolt with a plastic knob at the end. Not very big so easily misplaced. It is not big enough so am looking at some type of washer arrangement to add on. Without it your door will flop open.

Big difference with diesel generator. Maybe you can get the Onan manual online.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post

Thanks.
I too did not have the lock. Get one from your dealer. They will have to get it from Thor unless you can get them to give you one off another rig.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I too did not have the lock. Get one from your dealer. They will have to get it from Thor unless you can get them to give you one off another rig.
We had to look into three other rigs before we found one in the black Thor bag. Dealer had no idea what I was looking for.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Front valve stem extenders

I'm sure we all have gotten into removing the wheel covers on our front wheels to check air pressure.
I bought a good set of stainless steel extenders for the front. I was told I would have to remove the valve cores from the exsisting stems to install the extenders (which have valve cores).
Anyone done this or something else to fix this issue?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post

Thanks.
I didn't get a lock either but went to Walmart and picked up some fridge baby locks which I will install before we head South in 2 weeks !!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #26

I called Thor tech services and had a lock within four days, ups next day air. I downloaded a users manual from Onan and placed it on my iPad in I-books.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
I'm sure we all have gotten into removing the wheel covers on our front wheels to check air pressure.
I bought a good set of stainless steel extenders for the front. I was told I would have to remove the valve cores from the exsisting stems to install the extenders (which have valve cores).
Anyone done this or something else to fix this issue?
I bought valve stem extenders but I didn't have to remove the core. No problems with them.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee01 View Post
I called Thor tech services and had a lock within four days, ups next day air.
That was a lot quicker than me going to the dealer and having them get one for me.
Closed Thread