Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
I feel you. I'm sure it's been over 60 days for us...it's at the dealership now.
When our big slide went out in Aug. we were up in OR visiting friends. We cut our trip short and still lived in it for two weeks with the slide blocked in. Not fun. That was after the dashboard went out driving down the interstate. And before the engine quit driving down I40 in NM and we had to coast to the side of the road. Yup the slide broke again, snapped off the mounting bolt for the motor. And the list goes on...and on...and on. Add to that is the horrendous way it handles on the road with a slight bit of wind. I think we will look into a different coach. One with tag axel, longer wheelbase, heavier, and a MUCH better track record in the quality control department.
Good Luck!! Trade in value down 40 Thousand dollars since July 2013 when we bought our 2013 33.2 Palazzo! Plus, RV dealerships don't want to take a Palazzo for trade. They don't want to get stuck with the slide issue either. We, as the original trusting buyers, will ultimately lose monumentally. Thor may never feel the pain because they continue to crank out products and make millions all the while knowing they are putting out a product that has "issues". And that reduced value does not just affect the ones that trade their Palazzos in, it affects anyone that owns one.
So, like it or not, the Palazzo owners have to stick together to get these "issues" settled. Otherwise,we ALL stand to lose in the longterm. So try not to look at it as "they are bashing the Palazzo name" look at it as saving the integrity of the product you bought.
Don't hate me because I speak the truth. "Don't kill the messenger".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Good Luck!! Trade in value down 40 Thousand dollars since July 2013 when we bought our 2013 33.2 Palazzo! Plus, RV dealerships don't want to take a Palazzo for trade. They don't want to get stuck with the slide issue either. We, as the original trusting buyers, will ultimately lose monumentally. Thor may never feel the pain because they continue to crank out products and make millions all the while knowing they are putting out a product that has "issues". And that reduced value does not just affect the ones that trade their Palazzos in, it affects anyone that owns one. So, like it or not, the Palazzo owners have to stick together to get these "issues" settled. Otherwise,we ALL stand to lose in the longterm. So try not to look at it as "they are bashing the Palazzo name" look at it as saving the integrity of the product you bought. Don't hate me because I speak the truth. "Don't kill the messenger".
X-2. You've said it well. Thanks.

Russell
Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #2803

Cool Palazzo 33.2 mechanical engine fan gearbox ??

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if 33.2 Palazzos have a mechanical fan gearbox drive for the engine? It is hard to see and I can not tell for sure? Mine looks electronic ??

Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #2804

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Good Luck!! Trade in value down 40 Thousand dollars since July 2013 when we bought our 2013 33.2 Palazzo! Plus, RV dealerships don't want to take a Palazzo for trade. They don't want to get stuck with the slide issue either. We, as the original trusting buyers, will ultimately lose monumentally. Thor may never feel the pain because they continue to crank out products and make millions all the while knowing they are putting out a product that has "issues". And that reduced value does not just affect the ones that trade their Palazzos in, it affects anyone that owns one.
So, like it or not, the Palazzo owners have to stick together to get these "issues" settled. Otherwise,we ALL stand to lose in the longterm. So try not to look at it as "they are bashing the Palazzo name" look at it as saving the integrity of the product you bought.
Don't hate me because I speak the truth. "Don't kill the messenger".
I'm afraid you're right...wonder if I could get the dealer to feel bad about it and get me into a Tuscany right? They have hydraulic on the larger slides.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #2805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
I'm afraid you're right...wonder if I could get the dealer to feel bad about it and get me into a Tuscany right? They have hydraulic on the larger slides.
O they put you in one!! I tried that route. I just decided not to take the loss at this point. I was willing to take a hit. Just not that big of hit.

If one of the owners that are so vocal about the ones of us that feel we have been penalized here wants their friend to have a Palazzo I've got one I'll sell you. Special January special 2013. 33.2. $120,000.00. Lol

Russell
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #2806

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't understand why everyone is so anti palazzo my 2013 33.3 is a great unit, this comming august will be 2 years and I haven't had any major issues, just a few little ones but nothing that I couldn't fix. I did a pdi with and with out the salesman, it took a good 4 hours and I made them fix things I found right there on the spot, I love my unit and I just had to put that out there
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #2807

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so anti palazzo my 2013 33.3 is a great unit, this comming august will be 2 years and I haven't had any major issues, just a few little ones but nothing that I couldn't fix. I did a pdi with and with out the salesman, it took a good 4 hours and I made them fix things I found right there on the spot, I love my unit and I just had to put that out there
We are not "anti palazzo". I OWN a Palazzo that I have not seen since the first week I "took delivery" of it. Maybe you can help us understand how you have had such good luck with your Schwintek slide out. Have you not had any "abnormal" situations with it? How many times have you used your slide out?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #2808

Thor Owners Club
Stopped at a rest area on I-75 SB just North of Macon, GA for lunch. This pulled in beside me and made my Palazzo look puny. Oh well, I'm guessing he had to pay 10 times more. He was pulling a tri-axle trailer with a car and motorcycle inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3430408257.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	53796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1176482825.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	440.4 KB
ID:	53797  

Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #2809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Stopped at a rest area on I-75 SB just North of Macon, GA for lunch. This pulled in beside me and made my Palazzo look puny. Oh well, I'm guessing he had to pay 10 times more. He was pulling a tri-axle trailer with a car and motorcycle inside.
Almost looks like you could put yours in his trailer. Lol. Different strokes!!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #2810

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Almost looks like you could put yours in his trailer. Lol. Different strokes!!
There is a bit of perspective distortion. He was pulled further in front of me. Absolutely a beautiful unit. Maybe when I grow up I can get me one. :-)
Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #2811

Quote:
There is a bit of perspective distortion. He was pulled further in front of me. Absolutely a beautiful unit. Maybe when I grow up I can get me one. :-)
Unit like that would sure restrict where you set up camp !!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
Jimbooth,
We have owned our Palazzo for 19 months and are very satisfied with our purchase. We have had a few minor issues but nothing that I would write about beyond to let my fellow Palazzo owners know the problem and the fix.

Now after saying this I do feel sorry for those who have had repeat problems, especially those with slide operational issues. I have read where some are complaining that the resale value is taking a hit because of the slide problems but some of these same people are the most vocal about their slide problems. These owners repeat the same story over and over again like it will make everything better if they scream loud and often enough. What they are doing is causing the very problem with resale value that they are complaining about. Are these people acting out of frustration, I am sure they are but their actions are a two edge sword and we all will reap what these few unhappy people sow.

I have been on these iRV2 Palazzo threads from the beginning of most and I enjoy sharing ideas, experiences and helping one another. Recently I have been less interested and I have seriously considered unsubscribing from many of these threads because I do not get anything out of hearing the same people complain about the same problem over and over again. There is absolutely nothing anyone on this WEB site can do to fix their problems as much as some of us wish we could.

Just my thoughts on the subject…
Jack
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #2813

Quote:
And your Palazzo made the class c on the other side of you look puny. You have to put it all in perspective. My last RV, a Keystone Raptor was actually bigger than our 33.2. But it will be nice to know, when I do get my brand new Palazzo out of the shop, I will be able to get it into more spots.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #2814

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 jack. I come to learn from you guys. I just read on the sticky thread on slide issues that rknola has thor picking up his unit, fixing it at the factory and bringing it back to him. Very sorry he has to do that but he is seeking a fix to the problem vs complaining. I dont have problems. Maybe they are coming but I can promise I'll get it taken care of if I do. I'm sure there will be many in defense of said chronic complainer and so be it. These threads have become less educational anyways.
Closed Thread