RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #2815
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Jimbooth,
We have owned our Palazzo for 19 months and are very satisfied with our purchase. We have had a few minor issues but nothing that I would write about beyond to let my fellow Palazzo owners know the problem and the fix.

Now after saying this I do feel sorry for those who have had repeat problems, especially those with slide operational issues. I have read where some are complaining that the resale value is taking a hit because of the slide problems but some of these same people are the most vocal about their slide problems. These owners repeat the same story over and over again like it will make everything better if they scream loud and often enough. What they are doing is causing the very problem with resale value that they are complaining about. Are these people acting out of frustration, I am sure they are but their actions are a two edge sword and we all will reap what these few unhappy people sow.

I have been on these iRV2 Palazzo threads from the beginning of most and I enjoy sharing ideas, experiences and helping one another. Recently I have been less interested and I have seriously considered unsubscribing from many of these threads because I do not get anything out of hearing the same people complain about the same problem over and over again. There is absolutely nothing anyone on this WEB site can do to fix their problems as much as some of us wish we could.

Just my thoughts on the subject…
Jack
This kind of major problem is not supposed to happen to a brand new RV.





















Palazzoblues is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #2816
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Add to that is the horrendous way it handles on the road with a slight bit of wind. I think we will look into a different coach. One with tag axel, longer wheelbase, heavier, and a MUCH better track record in the quality control department.
I noticed how poorly my 35.1 reacts to even the slightest wind gust. On our drive home from Myrtle Beach over the holidays, I ended up in the middle of the lane to my left when a really strong gust of wind slammed into my right side. Thankfully, there was no one to my left, but I started driving 40 on a 65mph highway the rest of the way home.

Is there anything I can do to avoid that in future? I'm sure there's some kind of expensive gadget I can get for that.
Gingerela is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #2817
Senior Member
 
wstrace3's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Youngsville, LA
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I noticed how poorly my 35.1 reacts to even the slightest wind gust. On our drive home from Myrtle Beach over the holidays, I ended up in the middle of the lane to my left when a really strong gust of wind slammed into my right side. Thankfully, there was no one to my left, but I started driving 40 on a 65mph highway the rest of the way home.

Is there anything I can do to avoid that in future? I'm sure there's some kind of expensive gadget I can get for that.
Just dropped mine off this morning to have the blue ox tru center steering stabilizer installed. Several others had it installed and gave positive feedback. I've been happy with the way it has handled in the 20-25mph winds but figured it might help even more and especially for a front tire blow out. I'll report back soon after we head over to the houston rv show.
__________________
Billy and Danielle
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.3
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
wstrace3 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #2818
Senior Member
 
HDRoadking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 485
Has anyone noticed another common thread with many of the folks having trouble? I have but have not stated it prior. Camping World comes up often. I guess there are a lot of Camping a Worlds out there selling units, but ...
__________________
Bob
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
HDRoadking is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #2819
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Just dropped mine off this morning to have the blue ox tru center steering stabilizer installed. Several others had it installed and gave positive feedback. I've been happy with the way it has handled in the 20-25mph winds but figured it might help even more and especially for a front tire blow out. I'll report back soon after we head over to the houston rv show.
the trucenter works great but it will take a few hundred mile to get used to how it work's . you will still have a little wheel play because the road and weather are always changing but it will take a lot of pressure off the wheel " as other would say white knuckle driving "
I almost want to say it's easier to drive with one hand then both so your not over steering the coach .
one more thing only use the true center button on the highway or long road's other wise it will drive you crazy " always adjusting it "
mike
__________________
Mike , Fre & daughter Kimberly , 2 dog's name Marly & Zorra , 2014 Palazzo 33.3 , Jetta TDI & Acme tow dolly ,Goodsams, Koa , Still learning
mikebrls is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #2820
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Stopped at a rest area on I-75 SB just North of Macon, GA for lunch. This pulled in beside me and made my Palazzo look puny. Oh well, I'm guessing he had to pay 10 times more. He was pulling a tri-axle trailer with a car and motorcycle inside.
On the other hand there are those that look at us with envy....and I used to be one of them.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #2821
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
On the other hand there are those that look at us with envy....and I used to be one of them.
Me too. Started with a 13 foot Serro Scotty. Moved up to a 15 foot Highlander and ended with a Starcraft crank up. A Class A was on my wish list. The Palazzo made that come true.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 05:13 AM   #2822
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: S.E MA.
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Jimbooth,
We have owned our Palazzo for 19 months and are very satisfied with our purchase. We have had a few minor issues but nothing that I would write about beyond to let my fellow Palazzo owners know the problem and the fix.

Now after saying this I do feel sorry for those who have had repeat problems, especially those with slide operational issues. I have read where some are complaining that the resale value is taking a hit because of the slide problems but some of these same people are the most vocal about their slide problems. These owners repeat the same story over and over again like it will make everything better if they scream loud and often enough. What they are doing is causing the very problem with resale value that they are complaining about. Are these people acting out of frustration, I am sure they are but their actions are a two edge sword and we all will reap what these few unhappy people sow.

I have been on these iRV2 Palazzo threads from the beginning of most and I enjoy sharing ideas, experiences and helping one another. Recently I have been less interested and I have seriously considered unsubscribing from many of these threads because I do not get anything out of hearing the same people complain about the same problem over and over again. There is absolutely nothing anyone on this WEB site can do to fix their problems as much as some of us wish we could.

Just my thoughts on the subject…
Jack
Very well said
__________________
J--2013 Palazzo 33.1
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab
Keegan------Miniature Aussie
gramps2578 is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #2823
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
On a previous post I suggested I had an antifreeze leak while my palazzo been in barn for 3 months. Was small leak maybe a pint or little more. Temp got to -17 so my thought was it probably cold water leak.

I check all hoses and found one large hose on the transmission cooler (I think) had been leaking. I think it is the cooler. It is an aluminum box about 4" square just inside rear bumper. It has a 2" hose on each end with hose clamps.

One clamp was showing a leak. All four clamp for sure needed tightened up. Takes a 5/16 small socket to tighten.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #2824
2LT
Senior Member
 
2LT's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I noticed how poorly my 35.1 reacts to even the slightest wind gust. On our drive home from Myrtle Beach over the holidays, I ended up in the middle of the lane to my left when a really strong gust of wind slammed into my right side. Thankfully, there was no one to my left, but I started driving 40 on a 65mph highway the rest of the way home.

Is there anything I can do to avoid that in future? I'm sure there's some kind of expensive gadget I can get for that.
We installed the Safe T Plus steering stabilizer on our coach prior to taking delivery. Our dealer installed it. Camping World can do this also. If you google 'Safe T Plus' you can read about how it works. This is an option along with the Blue Ox Tru Center that will help with handling and with front tire 'blow out' situations, should that occur.
__________________
2018 LTV Wonder FTB
2LT is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #2825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
This kind of major problem is not supposed to happen to a brand new RV.
You could have posted your photos without referencing my post so it would appear that my post hit a nerve and you are soliciting a response from me.
First off I have never said anything about this being normal to happen but in the big scheme of things you are in the minority. Thousands of Palazzos are out there operating their slides trouble free.
From your forum name "Palazzoblues" to the endless posts basically saying the same thing it would appear that you are grinding your ax and you want others to join in your pain. Of your 82 posts the vast majority are discussing your slide problems and basically saying the same thing. Saying it again in bold RED type with pictures doesn’t make your problem any more understandable.
I can only feel sorry for your misfortune for so long and I have expressed my regrets several times in the past. Please tell us exactly what you expect other Palazzo owners to do to help you get through this issue? You posting your problem over and over may make you feel better but little else.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #2826
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
We installed the Safe T Plus steering stabilizer on our coach prior to taking delivery. Our dealer installed it. Camping World can do this also. If you google 'Safe T Plus' you can read about how it works. This is an option along with the Blue Ox Tru Center that will help with handling and with front tire 'blow out' situations, should that occur.
We installed the Safety T Plus also and I like the positive feel of the steering and reduced my tendency to over steer. It did reduce the steering bump that some get when you go over an uneven road. I think it helps in crosswinds, I do not need to white knuckle the steering wheel they way I did prior. IMHO, good upgrade and value for the dollar.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #2827
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Stopped at a rest area on I-75 SB just North of Macon, GA for lunch. This pulled in beside me and made my Palazzo look puny. Oh well, I'm guessing he had to pay 10 times more. He was pulling a tri-axle trailer with a car and motorcycle inside.
Hahahaha! I know that feeling! I love my Palazzo, but sitting next to a Prevost makes me feel puny, too. Love the pics!
Gingerela is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #2828
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Hahahaha! I know that feeling! I love my Palazzo, but sitting next to a Prevost makes me feel puny, too. Love the pics!
funny thing is that a Prevost cost as much as 7 or 8 Palazzo's and then some
I guess if I had a million dollars to drop it would be a nice to be king of the road
__________________
Mike , Fre & daughter Kimberly , 2 dog's name Marly & Zorra , 2014 Palazzo 33.3 , Jetta TDI & Acme tow dolly ,Goodsams, Koa , Still learning
mikebrls is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.