RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #309
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 80
If you want a faster route, you can order the LED bulbs that Tiffin uses in their coaches. They are supposed to be brighter than the halogens, and similar color. $7 each. (256) 356-9005. Store is Triple H Electronics in Red Bay, AL. I think I had paid less, but the ones I got are not as bright as the halogens I replaced, even though the color was very good. Can someone with a 33.2 count how many ceiling lights there are total in the bedroom, hallway, and galley area? Thanks!
__________________
2010 American Coach Revolution 42
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in tow
rdalcanto is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #310
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

I guess you could but I do not find it to be that big a problem, no more then the LP compartment that picks up road dirt from the front (driver side) tire. I wash both compartments with the pressure washer every chance I get.
The problem has existed on my 33.1 for a year with replacement of the top hinge at 8 months. I inserted a diamond plate in the DEF cabinet which has cut down on the volume of dirt but it still needs cleaning after each trip. I may try mud flaps if I can figure out which ones would work best.
Sandee01 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
If you want a faster route, you can order the LED bulbs that Tiffin uses in their coaches. They are supposed to be brighter than the halogens, and similar color. $7 each. (256) 356-9005. Store is Triple H Electronics in Red Bay, AL. I think I had paid less, but the ones I got are not as bright as the halogens I replaced, even though the color was very good. Can someone with a 33.2 count how many ceiling lights there are total in the bedroom, hallway, and galley area? Thanks!
Halogen lights in the 33.2.
There are two sizes of lights, the smaller about 3.5" diameter, the larger about 4.5 (I am guessing). I do not know if they use the same wattage bulb.
There are 8 small ones( 2 ea under cabinet in the bedroom, 2 living area, 2 galley and 2 under the drop down bed).
For the larger ones the total is 11 (5 in the living area, 2 hallway & 4 bedroom).
I did not count the bathroom, but believe there are 3-4 smaller ones.
DPCruzer is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #312
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee01 View Post

The problem has existed on my 33.1 for a year with replacement of the top hinge at 8 months. I inserted a diamond plate in the DEF cabinet which has cut down on the volume of dirt but it still needs cleaning after each trip. I may try mud flaps if I can figure out which ones would work best.
You got me so worried that I went right out and sprayed my hinges with Boeshield. But they did not look bad at all with just some light dirt in the area. Fortunately we don't have salt on the roads in SC. If there were any sign of corrosion I would have been applying Corrosion X.

Also did the battery compartment which is disappointing that it is so open and susceptible to getting stuff all over the batteries.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #313
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
First Palazzo Trip

Fellow Owners:

My wife and I picked up our 33.2 on Friday, March 22 in Elkhart, In and the gang at Total Value RV did an excellent job in getting the rig ready. I got a very good trade in value for our 2011 Avanti so it was worth the trip from Port St Lucie to Indiana to complete the deal. Our salesman, Dave Olsen, was very accommodating and the fruit basket given to us upon departure was great. We had enough time to tour the Thor assembly plant where Bill Murray gave us two an hour tour explaining and showing us how the Palazzo was built. It helped to see the components before the body was placed on the frame. I would recommend the tour to all if you are in Elkhart.

The 1250 mile trip south was uneventful. The rig handled well and was a sweetheart to drive compared to the FRED Avanti. We really love it so far. Our fuel mileage was 12.5 MPG, not bad for the new engine. No problems so far but we'll chime in if something goes wrong.

If you are in the Elkhart area, stop in at True Value RV. They have six sites (water/30 amp electric) outside the gate.

Frank and Bonnie Schaub
pigman_sr is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #314
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Frank,

Congratulations and welcome to the Palazzo support group!
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #315
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigman_sr View Post
Fellow Owners:

My wife and I picked up our 33.2 on Friday, March 22 in Elkhart, In and the gang at Total Value RV did an excellent job in getting the rig ready. I got a very good trade in value for our 2011 Avanti so it was worth the trip from Port St Lucie to Indiana to complete the deal. Our salesman, Dave Olsen, was very accommodating and the fruit basket given to us upon departure was great. We had enough time to tour the Thor assembly plant where Bill Murray gave us two an hour tour explaining and showing us how the Palazzo was built. It helped to see the components before the body was placed on the frame. I would recommend the tour to all if you are in Elkhart.

The 1250 mile trip south was uneventful. The rig handled well and was a sweetheart to drive compared to the FRED Avanti. We really love it so far. Our fuel mileage was 12.5 MPG, not bad for the new engine. No problems so far but we'll chime in if something goes wrong.

If you are in the Elkhart area, stop in at True Value RV. They have six sites (water/30 amp electric) outside the gate.

Frank and Bonnie Schaub
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to our Palazzo family. We are looking forward to hear more from you.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #316
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Congradiations Frank I've bought three RV there at Total Value- one used & 2 new ones. Great people to deal with. I'm getting 10.4 mpg on my 33.2 towing small car. Russell
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #317
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Half Moon Bay
Posts: 36
Hi, are any of you palazzo owners full timing in your motorhomes? We love the palazzo 33.2 and wanted a shorter DP, but the storage in the kitchen has me a bit nervous as we will be full time once we get it. Thanks for your input. I read this thread nearly every day and appreciate you all so much.
__________________
Mary and Todd Denny
Half Moon Bay, CA
2006 Sea Breeze LX 31ft
Me_n_T.D is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #318
Senior Member
 
jimbooth25's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sebring,fl
Posts: 314
I haven't full timed but do use ours on long trips 1-2 months at a time. I have the 33.3 and the kitchen has enough room for us took a whial for me to figure out where I wanted everything but I got it all straighten out
jimbooth25 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #319
Member
 
Gropler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 34
Hello all it has been a while since I have posted but I'm reading! I am looking to pick up my rig in May in New York and drive it back to Colorado. Soon after we will be making two trips one to Arizona for my nephews graduation and 2 weeks later to Nebraska for my brother in laws wedding. Want to be able to tow our 2005 jeep liberty but I need some advice on what I need to get it ready. Saw a discussion with several members back on page 11 and 12 of this forum but I need it summed up a little please.

What exactly do I need to set up the jeep and the Palazzo for towing? Does anyone have a good setup they can detail for me so I can get it right the first time? So far I'm looking at a base plate (blue ox?) and a matching tow bar (blue ox as well?) and a brake controller? I there anything els I will need to prepare for with this setup... Any usefull accessories... or any beter more practical setups? I'm gonna be limited in time when things get rolling (pun intended) but I have time now to prepare.

Oh and one other question. I like the blue ox Aventa tow bar http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...nta-LX-Tow-Bar but the option is for a 2 inch or the 2 1/2 inch receiver type... The Palazzo is a 2" correct?
Gropler is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #320
Senior Member
 
rvtips's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Martinez,CA
Posts: 449
So you feel the steering is bad enough to have to add this after market kit?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Well fellow Palazzo owners I have decided and ordered a steering control for my MH (Safe-T-Plus Steering Control Our Products | The Steering Control Specialists | Safe-T-Plus Blog). The biggest reason for doing so has more to do with my DW wanting to learn to drive the MH then serious handling issues. She took the driver confidence course at Lazydays (Tampa) when we were in Florida now I need to give her some time behind the wheel...hide the small cars and curbs!

It should arrive and installed in the next couple of weeks and I will let you know if I notice a difference in the handling.
__________________
Our Rig
Phil and Joyce 2003 Safari Sahara.
2010 Honda CR-V Same color as the MOHO
rvtips is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtips View Post
So you feel the steering is bad enough to have to add this after market kit?
Please go back and read my post again, thanks!
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #322
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Hello all it has been a while since I have posted but I'm reading! I am looking to pick up my rig in May in New York and drive it back to Colorado. Soon after we will be making two trips one to Arizona for my nephews graduation and 2 weeks later to Nebraska for my brother in laws wedding. Want to be able to tow our 2005 jeep liberty but I need some advice on what I need to get it ready. Saw a discussion with several members back on page 11 and 12 of this forum but I need it summed up a little please.

What exactly do I need to set up the jeep and the Palazzo for towing? Does anyone have a good setup they can detail for me so I can get it right the first time? So far I'm looking at a base plate (blue ox?) and a matching tow bar (blue ox as well?) and a brake controller? I there anything els I will need to prepare for with this setup... Any usefull accessories... or any beter more practical setups? I'm gonna be limited in time when things get rolling (pun intended) but I have time now to prepare.

Oh and one other question. I like the blue ox Aventa tow bar http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...nta-LX-Tow-Bar but the option is for a 2 inch or the 2 1/2 inch receiver type... The Palazzo is a 2" correct?
I have the Blue Ox baseplate and Aventa tow bar along with the Blue Ox Patriot brake system. The other things you will need are lights and break-away wiring along with associated wiring and connectors. You can add lights or use the lights in your Liberty but I understand that needs some diodes to prevent messing with your electrical system.
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.