Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Hello all it has been a while since I have posted but I'm reading! I am looking to pick up my rig in May in New York and drive it back to Colorado. Soon after we will be making two trips one to Arizona for my nephews graduation and 2 weeks later to Nebraska for my brother in laws wedding. Want to be able to tow our 2005 jeep liberty but I need some advice on what I need to get it ready. Saw a discussion with several members back on page 11 and 12 of this forum but I need it summed up a little please.

What exactly do I need to set up the jeep and the Palazzo for towing? Does anyone have a good setup they can detail for me so I can get it right the first time? So far I'm looking at a base plate (blue ox?) and a matching tow bar (blue ox as well?) and a brake controller? I there anything els I will need to prepare for with this setup... Any usefull accessories... or any beter more practical setups? I'm gonna be limited in time when things get rolling (pun intended) but I have time now to prepare.

Oh and one other question. I like the blue ox Aventa tow bar Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bars, Aventa LX Towbar but the option is for a 2 inch or the 2 1/2 inch receiver type... The Palazzo is a 2" correct?
I tow a Honda CRV using the Blue Ox base plate and tow bar. I had the SMI Air Force One braking system installed as well. A second set of brake light bulbs was installed so we didn't mess withthe electronics.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #324

Thanks Jerry! Do you know what the receiver size is ( 2 inch or 2/12 inch?)and did you need to get a drop receiver hitch to line up with the Toad? How much of a drop?

JB
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #325

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
JB

It is 2 inch and no drop.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #326

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Hello all it has been a while since I have posted but I'm reading! I am looking to pick up my rig in May in New York and drive it back to Colorado. Soon after we will be making two trips one to Arizona for my nephews graduation and 2 weeks later to Nebraska for my brother in laws wedding. Want to be able to tow our 2005 jeep liberty but I need some advice on what I need to get it ready. Saw a discussion with several members back on page 11 and 12 of this forum but I need it summed up a little please.

What exactly do I need to set up the jeep and the Palazzo for towing? Does anyone have a good setup they can detail for me so I can get it right the first time? So far I'm looking at a base plate (blue ox?) and a matching tow bar (blue ox as well?) and a brake controller? I there anything els I will need to prepare for with this setup... Any usefull accessories... or any beter more practical setups? I'm gonna be limited in time when things get rolling (pun intended) but I have time now to prepare.

Oh and one other question. I like the blue ox Aventa tow bar Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bars, Aventa LX Towbar but the option is for a 2 inch or the 2 1/2 inch receiver type... The Palazzo is a 2" correct?
We use Ready Brute Elite with Blue Oz baseplate on our Jeep. Has a surge brake so no equipment in the Jeep to install/remove. Just completed a trip with the new system. Works great.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #327

Quote:

I also tow a 2005 Jeep Liberty. I'm using the Aventa bar with the Blue Ox base plate and the Patriot Brake. Everything works great. Don't forget to hook up brake lights on the jeep. I use a set of portable lights mounted on the rear bumper. They have a magnetic base and I screwed a small piece of steel to the bumper and they are attached that way. You may want to check with Blue-Ox, they make a wiring kit you can adapt direct to the tail lights of the jeep and you run the wiring to the power outlet on the receiver, just like if you were using the portable set up. The only reason why I didn't get that kit is because I already had the portable light set up from the RV we traded in for the Palazzo. HAPPY TRAVELS
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #328

TDC Spring Rally - Eureka Spring AR

Anybody going to the Thor Diesel Club Spring Rally May 5-10 in Eureka Springs?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #329

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We aren't going. We are headed for Myrtle Beach Travel Park on April 21st and will be there for a month. Anyone going to be in the area while we are there?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
We aren't going. We are headed for Myrtle Beach Travel Park on April 21st and will be there for a month. Anyone going to be in the area while we are there?
I went on the WEB site and this looks like a super place to stay and if it was closer to Eureka Springs we would come and join you for a few days. Maybe some other time, Karen wants to take some of the Grandkids.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #331

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I went on the WEB site and this looks like a super place to stay and if it was closer to Eureka Springs we would come and join you for a few days. Maybe some other time, Karen wants to take some of the Grandkids.
Jack,

We like it because it seems more relaxing that Ocean Lakes, Pirateland. With the grandkids Ocean Lakes or Pirateland may be better suited for children. One thing that we like is that there are fewer golf carts running around at MBTP.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #332

Question Coolant leak

Driving back from Hilton Head Island we received a low engine coolant warning. So we stopped and checked what we thought was the coolant overflow tank and it seemed fine. So on we go. Everything seemed fine until we started up the "hills" around Asheville, NC. The low coolant warning returned and this time the stop engine light came on and the engine shut down. Now what? So we stopped again and sat for awhile started up again and all seemed fine until the next upgrade. Same thing. We finally made it to the campground near Asheville and everything checked out okay we thought. The next day we're off on I40 toward Knoxville and all went fine until we got outside Cincinnati and the same issue appeared. So off we go to the Freightliner dealer in Cincinnati. They found we did have some low coolant and a sensor that was not fully hooked up. But now we began to notice coolant coming slowly out of the front of the RV. The dealer could find nothing wrong as a pressure test was passed with no problem. So off we go again. When we arrive at home in northern Michigan we noticed the coolant was low and more was dripping on to the top of the generator and on the ground. Not large amounts but enough to drop the level in the radiator.

I noticed coolant around the black hoses that connect to a black box above the generator. My guess is the black box is a heat exchanger and the coolant is coming from the rear up to provide heat to the driver. The Freightliner dealer in Cincinnati was not sure what the black box is. He also did not know what the coffee can sized canister behind the radiator was for. Anybody know what is does? It has pink fluid in it.

We still are dripping coolant and will be returning to Freightliner for service. However, this time we'll be going to the dealer in Grand Rapids, MI, may be they can find the leak and fix it. Luckily all this has been under warranty! But it's still a pain to stop along the highway on up hill runs. BTW: it seems the up hill runs drains fluid away from the sensor so we got a low coolant alarm while flat or down hills runs did not. I'll keep you all posted and you may want to check for leaks up front.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #333

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quite a story, thanks for the alert and keep us informed.

When you were on I26 on the way To Asheville you were so close to Gaffney it is too bad you could not have gone there for a check. I expect they could have taken care of you quickly.

Did you call the Freightliner 24/7 help line?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #334

Got my steering problem solved. After getting my ride height adjusted at Freightliner (4" off) and the front end aligned, I still had a wobble/vibration in the steering wheel. Long story short-the coach had 2 out of round wheels (not tires) and both were on the front axle. Not bent, out of round. THOR replaced them, spun balanced both tires and now it drives nice and smooth.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #335

Wow... Palazzo's problems seems to be all unique to the Individual MH. Doesn't seems to be a pattern to them... Glad you got it all worked out.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Wow... Palazzo's problems seems to be all unique to the Individual MH. Doesn't seems to be a pattern to them... Glad you got it all worked out.
I think if you read other chassis/coach threads you will come to understand that the Palazzo is no different, good or bad, then other motor homes in the market place. If you are looking for a trouble free RV you will have a long search ahead of you!
Closed Thread