Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #421

3 Palazzo's at Wunderlust RV Park Eureka Springs, AR

One person reported that they were unable to see the pictures therefore I am posting them again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	38315

Name:	Palazzo2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	38316

Name:	Palazzo3.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	38317
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #422

thats cool... thanks for sharing.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #423

Can anyone explain why Thor are shipping 2014 models but only having info on their website for 2013 models?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Could you explain and send a picture of a seamless window? Does that mean they don't open?

Is there an advantage to a dual tone seat? It would be nice if the front seat material were tougher.
The windows open with a turn knob. They hinge outwards and can be left open in the rain. The front windows are also HERH windows, as well.

I like the newer seats. They seem a bit more supportive. I just drove 1650 miles in the 33.3 and they were comfortable. I also got 10.5 MPG for the entire trip, even with 2 hours of idling through Chattanooga on a detour thanks to an accident that shut down I-24. I was doing about 68 MPH throughout. On one leg, about 300 miles, I did test going 62 MPH and mileage for that run was about 12.5. So, there is definitely a cost to keeping up with traffic.

So far, I really like the rig. I do have a few little items I am adjusting as I find them. The bedroom doors, for instance, would rattle, bang and rub things so I used some felt where I would see contact and it is much smoother and does not bang or rattle when driving. The other item of note was the locking pins for the above seat bunk. They seem to fall out with bumps and vibrations then, next thing you know, one side is sagging down. Easily fixed with a drop and lift of the bunk. I addressed this by putting them in place and then lowering the bunk to put a bit of pressure on the pins.

The ride home was uneventful. Drove nice, tracked well, and was a whole lot less susceptible to wind and semis that the Class C. The big difference, the quiet ride. No more V10 wailing at me going up a hill

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #425

Wow H2O Looks Great. I'm chomping at the bit to get on the plane (T-72 Hrs) and Head to NY to get my Rig. (Same Bat Model and Same Bat Paint) I too have a 1600 mi trip to get home with it and will be running into some of the same issues though they sound minor and few (lets keep it that way) l'm actually driving her thru Elkhart and will stay at a KOA there on the way home and then straight on to the Rockies. Too bad I couldn't just get her direct from the Thor Shop. It woulda been cool to see the facility.. another day perhaps.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Wow H2O Looks Great. I'm chomping at the bit to get on the plane (T-72 Hrs) and Head to NY to get my Rig. (Same Bat Model and Same Bat Paint) I too have a 1600 mi trip to get home with it and will be running into some of the same issues though they sound minor and few (lets keep it that way) l'm actually driving her thru Elkhart and will stay at a KOA there on the way home and then straight on to the Rockies. Too bad I couldn't just get her direct from the Thor Shop. It woulda been cool to see the facility.. another day perhaps.
Total value RV is Just 5 mile from Thor factory. Excellent dealer. Got my palazzo there plus my previous two rv's
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
I'll bet if your going thru Elkhart and you call the service department at Thor they would let you hook up and stay all night on their lot. Factory tours are across the street from service at 3pm each day.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #428

I thought about stopping at Thor, but I really don't have the time this trip. As to the dealer, I got a GREAT Deal from RVDIRECT.com (MSRP-1/3) I recommend if you are in the market talk to Jeff Blair.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #429

New Palazzo Owner

Greetings fellow Palazzo owners! I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a new 2013 Palazzo 33.2, just returned from picking it up in Florida. I look forward to many interesting discussions about the rig's features (and quirks!) going forward. All is well so far, and I'm now sizing up the various modifications I'll be installing, and I look forward to sharing those with all of you.

One questions that comes to mind already, has anyone attempted to recalibrate the auto-leveling feature of the hydraulic jacks? When it thinks it's level and stops leveling, it leaves a bit to be desired as to leaving the coach in a level state.

Thanks,
Norb
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #430

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post
Greetings fellow Palazzo owners! I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a new 2013 Palazzo 33.2, just returned from picking it up in Florida. I look forward to many interesting discussions about the rig's features (and quirks!) going forward. All is well so far, and I'm now sizing up the various modifications I'll be installing, and I look forward to sharing those with all of you.

One questions that comes to mind already, has anyone attempted to recalibrate the auto-leveling feature of the hydraulic jacks? When it thinks it's level and stops leveling, it leaves a bit to be desired as to leaving the coach in a level state.

Thanks,
Norb
A photo guy with no photos? What's up with that?

I had the leveling calibration done at the dealer when I picked it up. Procedure is in the manual but have not done it myself.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #431

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks,
Norb

Glad you joined the group.

Gary
Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #432

Quote:

Thanks,
Norb
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to iRV2!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #433

Ok, my husband is getting a little nervous about the shower in our future MH. Can you guys let me know two things... How long can you take a shower and how is the water pressure? Thanks everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #434

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_n_T.D View Post
Ok, my husband is getting a little nervous about the shower in our future MH. Can you guys let me know two things... How long can you take a shower and how is the water pressure? Thanks everyone!
You can take as long of a shower that you want depending on whether you are hooked up to a sewer and you are using city water. We have had plenty of hot water for both me and the DW to take both our showers one after the other. The water pressure is OK using the city connection. We haven't boondocked so I can't comment on the pressure using the water pump.
Closed Thread