Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
We are new to the RV game and looking at a DP for full time in 3 mo stretches twice a year. Looking at the 33.2 and just wondering what factors folks consider in deciding between the 33.1 or 33.2.

In our case, we liked the shower layout and the opposing couch and dinette on the 33.2. What features were most influential in your decision between these two models?

It's just the two of us starting off on retirement and we will not have family with us very often.
Welcome to iRV2 and good luck with your search for a DP!

I did have a choice between the 33.1 and the 33.2 models, they were sitting side by side at the RV show where I purchased my Palazzo. Looking back I can't identify a clear reason why we selected the 33.1 over the 33.2, both are very nice floor plans. The one thing that my DW has mentioned several time is she like the shower separate from the toilet and the way the toilet door will open to close off the area to act as a large dressing area. I am sure you will enjoy which ever model you select.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #562

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean1255 View Post
i am mean1255 and just purchased a 33.2. Could you please add me to the list. This is my first MotorHome as we had always "tent camped" before buying the Palazzo. We really like the floor plan of the 33.2 and as we will be pulling a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited need the extra power this diesel provides. Our first trip is very soon and will last about 10 days. Happy and Safe Travels!!
Welcome to the Palazzo family! Is yours a 2014 or a 2013?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #563

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We are new to the RV game and looking at a DP for full time in 3 mo stretches twice a year. Looking at the 33.2 and just wondering what factors folks consider in deciding between the 33.1 or 33.2.

In our case, we liked the shower layout and the opposing couch and dinette on the 33.2. What features were most influential in your decision between these two models?

It's just the two of us starting off on retirement and we will not have family with us very often.
You need to choose the floor plan that you and the DW like best. If both the MHs are on the dealer's lot, you may want to consider what options each has and which options you would like on yours.

BTW - Welcome to iRV2!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Just finished day 1 of our warranty service visit and will continue tomorrow. Very pleased with Thor's service team (Tim) attention to detail!

Others have mentioned a cooling fan in the inverter bay, mine was missing, I had a hole but no fan. Tim installed a thermostatically controlled fan so now I do not need to worry about a heat issue in that compartment.

More to follow
Where is the fan in the inverter bay located? I looked in our inverter bay but couldn't see any fan. There is a hole at the rear bulkhead of the bay but there is a wire going thru it so we would have to remove that before installing a fan or a screen. The hole is about 4 inches in diameter.

We travelled in our Palazzo continuously for 4 months over the winter. The first day we were home and the Palazzo was sitting in the driveway while we unloaded, the inverter went wonky. A fan inside the inverter would not turn off and the remote initially said "stuck relay" then went completely dead. We called Thor and tried unhooking the power to no avail. Took it to an RV repair facility where they contacted Magnum. After several tests they had to remove the inverter and send it to Magnum for repair. It has just come back and been installed. Seems that everything is working okay now. No feedback from Magnum as to what the problem was. Its a bit scary to have such an important piece quit working but at least it didn't happen while we were travelling.

I can't see the lack of a fan being part of the problem with the inverter as the weather was quite cool when the Palazzo was sitting in our driveway.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #565

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom65 View Post
Where is the fan in the inverter bay located? I looked in our inverter bay but couldn't see any fan. There is a hole at the rear bulkhead of the bay but there is a wire going thru it so we would have to remove that before installing a fan or a screen. The hole is about 4 inches in diameter.

We travelled in our Palazzo continuously for 4 months over the winter. The first day we were home and the Palazzo was sitting in the driveway while we unloaded, the inverter went wonky. A fan inside the inverter would not turn off and the remote initially said "stuck relay" then went completely dead. We called Thor and tried unhooking the power to no avail. Took it to an RV repair facility where they contacted Magnum. After several tests they had to remove the inverter and send it to Magnum for repair. It has just come back and been installed. Seems that everything is working okay now. No feedback from Magnum as to what the problem was. Its a bit scary to have such an important piece quit working but at least it didn't happen while we were travelling.

I can't see the lack of a fan being part of the problem with the inverter as the weather was quite cool when the Palazzo was sitting in our driveway.
We do not have a fan either in the compartment. Just a blank hole. On our punch-list for Elkhart visit.
Sorry to hear about your problems and glad it was fixed. We had a transfer switch go bad that was also fixed asap.
Happy about the support we are getting but troubled about the issues.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #566

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

We like the 33.1 setup with shower separate from the toilet area. Also prefer the bed layout and not having such a large slide with greater potential for problems. With just two of us the size is right.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #567

Sorry about not mentioning the year model. My Palazzo is a 2013.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #568

Hello all, I'm about to set out on another trip this time out to Nebraska for a wedding. Doing my pre trip check I came across a problem getting the furnace to stare. Not sure what the issue is at all. It sitting in my driveway with no hookup s. it has a full propane however. How do I get the furnace going?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #569

Is the propane line open? It is the only item I can think of off hand. I assume it was working prior?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Hello all, I'm about to set out on another trip this time out to Nebraska for a wedding. Doing my pre trip check I came across a problem getting the furnace to stare. Not sure what the issue is at all. It sitting in my driveway with no hookup s. it has a full propane however. How do I get the furnace going?
Set your thermostat to furnace. If the temperature setting is below whatever the temperature is in the motorhome the furnace will not come on,so to check if the furnace works raise the temperature on the thermostat as high as it will go and the furnace should come on unless the temperature in the motorhome is higher than the highest setting on the thermostat than it will not come on.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #571

Start the hot water tank... if that works, then the prob is not your propane line.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
You said that you had a full propane tank...whenever they fill the tank they shut off the valve to the MH. I would double check to see if the valve is turned on...I am speaking from experience!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #573

Thank you for the suggestions. I have checked the Prop. On. I have run the stove to "air out" the lines. I have the Thermostat set to 90degrees and it barely reaches 70 up here during the day (Rocky Mtns.) Water heater heats like a champ on both elec and LP, and I have even removed the Heater cover and thrown the reset switch several times. I am at a loss!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #574

Call Thor

Call Thor and Have them walk you through the problem. They are very helpful.

We love our coach!!!!
Closed Thread