Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #575

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check the fuses, mine quiet a couple of weeks ago and it was the fuse in the fuse box burned out, replaced it and things work as they should
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #576

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Does the furnace fan run on 12V DC or 120 VAC?

Whichever it is, are the appropriate power sources turned on?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
We are new to the RV game and looking at a DP for full time in 3 mo stretches twice a year. Looking at the 33.2 and just wondering what factors folks consider in deciding between the 33.1 or 33.2.

In our case, we liked the shower layout and the opposing couch and dinette on the 33.2. What features were most influential in your decision between these two models?

It's just the two of us starting off on retirement and we will not have family with us very often.
Our palazzo is the 33.1 with the shower across from the toilet. We feel we have more room when using the bath facilities emptying into the bedroom when the outer door is closed. We also selected the 33.1 with the small slides as opposed to the mega slides.
The only real issues we had was with the leveling system and the mounting of the microwave to the cabinet. All other issues were minor in comparison.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #578

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had to replace a 12 volt doc fuse
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #579

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
A/C running on generator or dash a/c

Starting our first summer trip on Monday since getting the Palazzo.
I've read that it is better on gas mileage to run the generator and roof a/c unit than to run the dash a/c.
I have no idea how the a/c works on a DP.
Anyone done any summer driving with either a/c units running?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
I've read that it is better on gas mileage to run the generator and roof a/c unit than to run the dash a/c.
Most likely what you will find is that the dash air will not keep up in the afternoon or as it gets warmer. To keep the living quarters cool you will need to run the roof unit. Probably just the front one. If traveling with just two people one can drape a blanket across behind the captain seats and this works well for keeping the driver compartment cool.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #581

Quote:
Tom,

I traveled last summer but we did not go to the Deep South so the temps were not too high. That being said there has been a lot of discussion about dash v/s generator and roof air. As for the economics, I have tried it both ways and I can't tell the difference in the amount of fuel used.

As you may know the generator burns about .7 GPS under medium load and running the front A/C would produce this load. In the afternoon, with the sun in your face even the roof air may not keep you comfortable. I have read where some people run the two fans to circulate the air and draw some of the cooler air from the rear...I have not tried this but plan to try when we head our West next week.

Safe Travels!
Jack
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #582

having that front roof ac and the generator can get pretty noisy... after awhile you cant hear yourself think. Ive installed vent covers so i leave them open when driving, turned on the dash ac and fans... it was fine for us. It was in the low 90's and humid.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
having that front roof ac and the generator can get pretty noisy... after awhile you cant hear yourself think. Ive installed vent covers so i leave them open when driving, turned on the dash ac and fans... it was fine for us. It was in the low 90's and humid.
Tell me more about your "vent covers"? I guess I do not understand what you are doing to improve the cooling flow of the dash A/C?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #584

We would not have a coach without the vent covers, however we find the dash air only cools the air it has available. If the air is hot and humid it will only cool to a certain degree. Ok, a play on words. We leave the vents closed while traveling. It keeps the coach cleaner. When we get uncomfortable we turn on the generator and the front roof unit. We find this works for us.

We love our coach!!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #585

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
It depends to some extent on how many people and where seated.
The dash air will not cool the entire coach but will provide better cooling for the driver. Can't beat the ability to direct the vents on you or move them for less direct air. On a DP the amount of power to run the dash air is so low it won't affect mileage as much as on a gasser. The roof units won't give enough direct cooling for those in the greenhouse up front. So for just the two of us we use dash air for driving and roof air when stopped.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #586

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
We would not have a coach without the vent covers, however we find the dash air only cools the air it has available. If the air is hot and humid it will only cool to a certain degree. Ok, a play on words. We leave the vents closed while traveling. It keeps the coach cleaner. When we get uncomfortable we turn on the generator and the front roof unit. We find this works for us.

We love our coach!!
Note that if you put it on max A/C it will recirculate inside air so the available air will not be as hot and humid as outside air.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc5 View Post
Where did you get your RSSI steering stabilizer?
I originally just called RSSI to make sure they had a unit that fit the new Palazzo, then they referred me to an online dealer. I think it was trailers.com or someone like that.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #588

Using the dash AC on a DP adds such a tiny incremental load that it will have virtually zero impact on your fuel mileage, but if you run your generator and roof air it will make a small negative impact to over fuel mileage.

I installed a curtain that closes off the rear of the driving compartment so the dash heater works great in the winter and the dash air conditioner works great in the summer.

As far as the delay in the charging circuit: The Cummins 6.7, even in the summer when you dont get a "wait to start" indicator on the dash, runs the glowplugs/grid heater in the engine upon startup. These have a significant current draw. You will see the charge indicator jump when they turn off. There is also a heater in your DEF tank. Upon startup it runs through a cycle to check the temperature of the DEF fluid.