Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #589

Living in the south you get used to leaving the dash air on max. We travel with a borzoi (Russian Wolf Hound) so we have to have it on the cool side. Our greyhound parks herself underneath the dash to try to stay out of the cool air. The two of them are the best travelers.

By the way they are half the reason we purchased our first coach.

We love our coach!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Tell me more about your "vent covers"? I guess I do not understand what you are doing to improve the cooling flow of the dash A/C?
they are your typical vent covers... they pull hot air from the ceiling area and help circulate air in the coach.

Maxxair 00-933072 MaxxAir II Translucent White Vent Cover : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #591

Freightliner Owners Club
Alignment at 6000 miles

I was very confused about the the 6 month/6000 mile service.

Pat in Gaffney said it is critical for the "all wheel alignment check" and "rear axle fluid change" due to the Palazzo Mercedes Benz rear end. This forum said Mike from Freightliner Camp said 12 service is all that is needed.

Right now we are in Southern California and none of the Oasis Freightliner service centers know what I am talking about and they don't do this!

After a call to the Freightliner Help Desk, Darin told me everybody is right! The
Service must be at 12 months from chassis manufacture (mine 12//13), however he said the rear axle is welded and to change alignment you have to "break the weld" and re-weld. This is covered under warrantee ONLY under 6 months or 6000 miles.

Has anyone had a alignment problem or done this "check"?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post
I was very confused about the the 6 month/6000 mile service.

Pat in Gaffney said it is critical for the "all wheel alignment check" and "rear axle fluid change" due to the Palazzo Mercedes Benz rear end. This forum said Mike from Freightliner Camp said 12 service is all that is needed.

Right now we are in Southern California and none of the Oasis Freightliner service centers know what I am talking about and they don't do this!

After a call to the Freightliner Help Desk, Darin told me everybody is right! The
Service must be at 12 months from chassis manufacture (mine 12//13), however he said the rear axle is welded and to change alignment you have to "break the weld" and re-weld. This is covered under warrantee ONLY under 6 months or 6000 miles.

Has anyone had a alignment problem or done this "check"?
We had ours aligned but the only adjustment they did was ride height and toe in. Nothing was done to my rear axle other then changing the oil.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #593

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
We had ours aligned but the only adjustment they did was ride height and toe in. Nothing was done to my rear axle other then changing the oil.
Same here!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #594

Cool Frozen steps

Anybody have trouble with steps that will not go in or out? I've found that on our 33.1 2013 Palazzo the steps will freeze in place if the coach sits for any length of time. I keep the step well lubed but that doesn't seem to do much to prevent freeze ups. I've checked and have power to the steps and they try to move but don't. I can hear the motor try to run and the step light comes on. I soaked every joint with penetrating oil but no luck.

May have to make a trip to the dealer.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #595

maybe they are bent? If it tries to move but can't, the alignment might be off.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #596

May be bent and not allowing the steps to go out or in. Check to see that nothing is binding. We had a problem when we first got our coach and it was binding. Delivery guy must have hit something, maybe even a rubber gator on the road. A little bendy bendy and some oil and we have never had another problem.

We love our coach!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #597

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
Anybody have trouble with steps that will not go in or out? I've found that on our 33.1 2013 Palazzo the steps will freeze in place if the coach sits for any length of time. I keep the step well lubed but that doesn't seem to do much to prevent freeze ups. I've checked and have power to the steps and they try to move but don't. I can hear the motor try to run and the step light comes on. I soaked every joint with penetrating oil but no luck.

We haven't had any problems. In fact we have had the steps out for a month and retracted them with no problem.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #598

My gen wouldn't start

I finally got my Palazzo home and went through everything. Being a brand new RV I tried all systems. But my generator would not start(it did run during our test ride). Cummins dealer changed my fuel pump because they had a recall and now all is well. Planning on using it for first time this Fathers day. As for my steps they are ok but being low to the ground (which I like) I would keep an eye on an unleveled RV site when you dump air to set up.

Happy Father's Day
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #599

Might try holding the start switch down for a extended time. It has a delay start on it. Just a thought??
Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #600

While working with sales I noticed the step on our 33.2 wasn't working and when mechanic found that it was sticking. They contacted Thor who promptly sent replacement and it is now working.

mean1255
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post

Our 33.1 steps were frozen upon delivery and the dealer had to replace immediately,,!!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #602

I created a bracket, under the chassis, the hold the step wiring. The way it was installed, the wiring hangs a bit and can catch on things rather easily. I figured a bit of preventative effort made sense. I just used a large wire loom, screwed it to the base of the chassis, routed all the wiring and zip tied. Nice and secure.
Closed Thread