Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #715

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndPeggy View Post
The first of a pair of "twist out" windows on the driver's side lost its adhesion at the top and came loose. The two thin metal arms that control the window movement were the only thing keeping the window from falling to the ground. I removed the window And taped something to the screen to keep the space closed. I'll take it in for repair when we return home.
We lost our emergency exit window in the bedroom. I attributed it to the wind as I had propped it out to get some extra ventilation. The exterior glass shattered when it hit the ground. Maybe there is an issue with the manufacturer's method of attaching the window to the hinge.

I had a local glass shop make a new exterior pane and reattach it to the inside pane. No one around here seems to know what material Hehr used to attach the glass to the frame.

I have a contact at Hehr if you are interested in contacting her about a warranty issue.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #716

the hehr windows kinda scare me.... what do you think about opening the wiindow while driving down a highway? do you think these windows will hold open to all that wind? tia
Old 07-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #717

That specific window is for emergency egress.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #718

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
the hehr windows kinda scare me.... what do you think about opening the wiindow while driving down a highway? do you think these windows will hold open to all that wind? tia
Personally, given my experience with one of them falling out while parked, I would never leave one of these windows open while driving.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #719

Roger that.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #720

Issues with big slide - 33.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I would like to bring up one other item you should mention to your dealership besides the larger motor for the 33.2 is a different connecting shaft (connects upper and lower gearing). Thor discovered that the original connecting shaft made from aluminum will twist and flex under load and is being replaced by a steel shaft on 33.2 model due to the extra weight of the larger slide.
I'm experiencing a major issue with the large slide on our 33.2 (manufacture date January 2013). When I attempt to retract the slide from the fully-open position, the travel is smooth for the first 1/3 of the distance, then I begin to hear shuddering and banging from the top of the slide, and it appears as though it's jumping "teeth" on the upper tracks. The slide comes all the way in on the top & makes contact with the top of the sidewall, but there's a 2-3 inch gap at the bottom along the entire slide. Examination of the upper gear tracks both front and rear shows galling of the gear teeth.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't really use the rig for fear of driving it in rain and getting a major flood inside the coach in the hardest-to-reach places! Have an appointment with a local Thor dealer, but not till July 17th. Given TheArnolds comment on the larger motors and replacement gear shafts, I was wondering if this was fixing the type of problem I'm experiencing ... TIA

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 07-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #721

Monaco Owners Club
Wiser Words Have Not Been Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps2578 View Post
patience , aspirin & alcohol
Hear, hear. These things run on diesel and alcohol. Ironically, the newer the operator and/or rig, the more alcohol is needed...
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #722

Norb

Those two items might fix your issues--along with that on mine Thor cut out something bigger where the electric & water line run is. The first fix on mine at the dealer was high torque motors. The motors helped some. Still not right so I went to Thor. Mine was doing same as yours. Noisy & leaving bottom open. The cut out allows for less resistance on the slide I think. My guess is new motors & rods will fix your problem and dealer should be able to do this.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Norb

Those two items might fix your issues--along with that on mine Thor cut out something bigger where the electric & water line run is. The first fix on mine at the dealer was high torque motors. The motors helped some. Still not right so I went to Thor. Mine was doing same as yours. Noisy & leaving bottom open. The cut out allows for less resistance on the slide I think. My guess is new motors & rods will fix your problem and dealer should be able to do this.
Thanks for your quick response - I'll make sure I print off your comments and Jack's (TheArnolds) to bring with me to the repair facility.

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #724

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post
Thanks for your quick response - I'll make sure I print off your comments and Jack's (TheArnolds) to bring with me to the repair facility.

Norb
In Elkhart today for our factory visit on Monday. Have same slide issues.
Will post fix.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #725

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Will post fix.
Met Tom and his DW, Judy, today at Thor's service center. Love his Palazzo....
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #726

Quote:
Will post fix.
Tom,

I would be interested to know what they did to fix your slide. If Tim is your service tech please tell him hello from me.

Thanks!
Jack
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #727

Quote:
Will post fix.
Tom,
I would be interested to know if future 33.2's coming off the line will have the updated rods and motor for the large slide. If you don't mind would you ask that question for me. Mine is supposed to go online 7/9/2013.
Thanks,
John
Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #728

Ive been looking at the Palazzo as a MH/tow vehicle for my 6000lb trailer. While there are a few others in the running (Forest River FR3 mainly), is the 33.1 floorplan being discontinued? I cant seem to find a 2014 33.1, but lots of 33.2 and 33.3 floorplans. I have no use for the W/D combo, and the 33.1 is significantly lighter according to Thor, which would give me some more towing headroom.
Closed Thread