Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #813

Evergreen Owners Club
I wonder if the gas coaches with a full wall slide are having the same problem ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #814

I wouldn't that if it's gas or diesel would matter
Old 07-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #815

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by audigger View Post
Jack, you can count on that along with a few other things. Those labels were in my coach.

One of the things I have noticed at the RV dealers we have been to is that none of the coaches that were on display had the jacks down but all had slides out....
Just finished our THOR visit. I had time to talk with the techs about slides, jacks, airing up/down.
One thing they made a point of is the coach being level before extending or re-tracking the slides.
Dumping air bags before dropping jacks and airing up bags before raising jacks. Would stop the jerking by the jacks.
They said slides should work with or without shore power.
If you've got the time, go to THOR for your repairs/coach service.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #816

Quote:
Originally Posted by audigger View Post
Jack, you can count on that along with a few other things. Those labels were in my coach.

One of the things I have noticed at the RV dealers we have been to is that none of the coaches that were on display had the jacks down but all had slides out....
I agree with this statement, dealer shows the MH's without jacks down so I would also assume not level running in and out. I also level my 33.3 a little high on the long slide side ( and I mean just slightly high ). When the long slide extends the RV is level. The weight of the long slide can drag your RV off level if ground subsides slightly.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

Just finished our THOR visit. I had time to talk with the techs about slides, jacks, airing up/down.
One thing they made a point of is the coach being level before extending or re-tracking the slides.
Dumping air bags before dropping jacks and airing up bags before raising jacks. Would stop the jerking by the jacks.
I guarantee that if your batteries every loose some capacity it will effect your slide motion without shore power.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #818

Quote:

I've been to Thor. And again I'm talking about a long slide on the 33.2 not the 33.1. Different dog. And Thor are the ones who told me to have generator running or on shore power if at all possible
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #819

Just caught up on my reading here on this thread after a couple of weeks away. One question for you all... Has Thor done a recall or service recommendation to fix slide issues for all palazzos ? My rig is in the shop now and I would like to address this if thor is willing to fix before the problem occurs in real time. Also. Is there a site where thor posts recalls or service recommendations such as the generator fuel pump. ( I caught this one before it has occurred and thor authorized the payment to CW to determine if I had the problem and is fixing it as well since my fuel pump is under the recall)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #820

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Just caught up on my reading here on this thread after a couple of weeks away. One question for you all... Has Thor done a recall or service recommendation to fix slide issues for all palazzos ? My rig is in the shop now and I would like to address this if thor is willing to fix before the problem occurs in real time. Also. Is there a site where thor posts recalls or service recommendations such as the generator fuel pump. ( I caught this one before it has occurred and thor authorized the payment to CW to determine if I had the problem and is fixing it as well since my fuel pump is under the recall)
First I've herd of a recall on the fuel pump. Do you have a source for information on the recall that gives serial number of those covered? No problem here yet but would prefer avoiding rather than wait for failure.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

First I've herd of a recall on the fuel pump. Do you have a source for information on the recall that gives serial number of those covered? No problem here yet but would prefer avoiding rather than wait for failure.
I brought my 33.3 home from dealer and while running all systems my gen would not start, Cummins replaced and all works well. It was a recall sn. It had about 8 hrs on it from dealer.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post

I brought my 33.3 home from dealer and while running all systems my gen would not start, Cummins replaced and all works well. It was a recall sn. It had about 8 hrs on it from dealer.
Have 72 hr on mine. No problems yet. I guess I'll run my ser# by Cummins Maybe get ahead of a problem. Sounds like most fuel pump problems are with low hours ??
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #823

It ran OK at dealership for test ride with both AC's running but when I got home and pushed the button (silence). You should hear a slight clicking noise as the fuel pump primes up. My unit was manufactured Feb 2013 and I took delivery May 28th. But my slides are working well (looking for wood to knock on).
Old 07-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #824

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Having experienced on going problems with my 33.2 slide with trips to the factory and Lazy Days , and three "new" systems (motors, shafts, etc.), I was feeling comfortable with the slide until my last trip when I heard some cracking/popping. So with that in mind I was able to visit Safford RV where THOR Master Tech Dean was resolving some 33.2 slide issues and conducting tech training. They concluded that my slide was working normal and the first three inches of wear on the upper rails was normal and everything else was OK.
Learned items of interest= DO NOT LUBRICATE the rails or the shinny metals plates underneath. Only use AIR on the rails and soap and water on the shinny plates. (These plates go over the rollers).
OK to use lemon pledge on seals, ONLY. (Previously reported to use on slide).
So, with that in mind, I feel more confident that the slide is working.......

Also, agree with Toms (above) comments on leveling procedure. Dean re-emphasized the importance of doing it in the proper sequence.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvrkds View Post
Having experienced on going problems with my 33.2 slide with trips to the factory and Lazy Days , and three "new" systems (motors, shafts, etc.), I was feeling comfortable with the slide until my last trip when I heard some cracking/popping. So with that in mind I was able to visit Safford RV where THOR Master Tech Dean was resolving some 33.2 slide issues and conducting tech training. They concluded that my slide was working normal and the first three inches of wear on the upper rails was normal and everything else was OK.
Learned items of interest= DO NOT LUBRICATE the rails or the shinny metals plates underneath. Only use AIR on the rails and soap and water on the shinny plates. (These plates go over the rollers).
OK to use lemon pledge on seals, ONLY. (Previously reported to use on slide).
So, with that in mind, I feel more confident that the slide is working.......

Also, agree with Toms (above) comments on leveling procedure. Dean re-emphasized the importance of doing it in the proper sequence.
Was there any mention of wiping the rubber seals on the slides with baby powder? It is applied with a sock and a small amount of baby powder. This is said to alleviate "sticking" of the rubber seals to the MH body. The other suggestion that has been stated is to use WD-40 on the slide and not the silicone spray for slides sold at CW -- any word from the Thor tech on either of those points?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #826

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Was there any mention of wiping the rubber seals on the slides with baby powder? It is applied with a sock and a small amount of baby powder. This is said to alleviate "sticking" of the rubber seals to the MH body. The other suggestion that has been stated is to use WD-40 on the slide and not the silicone spray for slides sold at CW -- any word from the Thor tech on either of those points?
I mentioned to Dean that Hi Tech in Winter Haven used baby powder and it seemed to reduce the popping, until it rained and washed it way. Note, while looking at the metal plates underneath there was still some white from the powder.
He also frowned on the CW products.
Closed Thread