Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
Has anyone come up with an improvement on the refrigerator door lock? I have a couple of ideas but would like to hear what others have done. Pictures would be about the only way to convey the setup. Thanks.
We have the lock that came with our coach and it works for us. If you do not know what style it is I will take a picture.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #870

Thor Owners Club
First, I want to give out a big THANKS to those that have responded to my posts, and to the members of this forum. I have read every post and have learned a lot.

You may recall that the DW and I visited the factory in Elkhart IN and did the factory tour. It was at that time that we learned that the 33.1 model was discontinued. That was verified by Dave at Total Value RV there in Elkhart as he checked with his rep and was told that he couldn't order one for us.

The good news is that there was a 2014 33.1 at Tom Johnson Camping Center in Concord, NC which happened to be our color of choice...Folkstone. Everything was done by phone, email & Internet. We drove down on Monday, pdi on Tuesday. We spent the night and on Wednesday, Nathan & Dave pulled the refrigerator to fix a leak. The hose fitting to the ice maker wasn't tight from the refer manufacturer. Left Wednesday pm and drove back to Columbus, OH. I now have 500 miles driving experience. DW drove the coach, which was a contingency for purchase. Going to do some short local trips before heading to Vancouver, WA and places between and beyond.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.1, Folkstone exterior, Summer Song interior, invisible bra, exterior tv, and overhead bunk. Oh, and a large pile of manuals and literature for my summer reading. A lot to learn and get familiar with.

Jim & Sandy
Columbus, OH
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #871

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
First, I want to give out a big THANKS to those that have responded to my posts, and to the members of this forum. I have read every post and have learned a lot.

You may recall that the DW and I visited the factory in Elkhart IN and did the factory tour. It was at that time that we learned that the 33.1 model was discontinued. That was verified by Dave at Total Value RV there in Elkhart as he checked with his rep and was told that he couldn't order one for us.

The good news is that there was a 2014 33.1 at Tom Johnson Camping Center in Concord, NC which happened to be our color of choice...Folkstone. Everything was done by phone, email & Internet. We drove down on Monday, pdi on Tuesday. We spent the night and on Wednesday, Nathan & Dave pulled the refrigerator to fix a leak. The hose fitting to the ice maker wasn't tight from the refer manufacturer. Left Wednesday pm and drove back to Columbus, OH. I now have 500 miles driving experience. DW drove the coach, which was a contingency for purchase. Going to do some short local trips before heading to Vancouver, WA and places between and beyond.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.1, Folkstone exterior, Summer Song interior, invisible bra, exterior tv, and overhead bunk. Oh, and a large pile of manuals and literature for my summer reading. A lot to learn and get familiar with.

Jim & Sandy
Columbus, OH
Congrats on the new ride
Old 07-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #872

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Has anyone come up with an improvement on the refrigerator door lock? I have a couple of ideas but would like to hear what others have done. Pictures would be about the only way to convey the setup. Thanks.
I cut a piece of plastic to twice the size of the standard lock then put a hole in the middle of it and us in combination with standard. Others have done better.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #873

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

Congrats on the new ride
We got our 33.1 at Tom Johnson's also. We love the place and go back whenever we can.
Their service dept is great.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
We have the lock that came with our coach and it works for us. If you do not know what style it is I will take a picture.
I would guess that the one furnished by Thor is the same as mine, a long bolt with a knob on the end. The only problem is that the bolt is difficult to get started in the threaded hole. I have a design in mind to make it easier. I have not built it yet so I can't take a picture.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #875

Quote:
I would guess that the one furnished by Thor is the same as mine, a long bolt with a knob on the end. The only problem is that the bolt is difficult to get started in the threaded hole. I have a design in mind to make it easier. I have not built it yet so I can't take a picture.
We have a lock but there is no place to thread it as there is no hole on our frig. We've never had a problem with the door coming open while going down the road without a lock in place.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
We have a lock but there is no place to thread it as there is no hole on our frig. We've never had a problem with the door coming open while going down the road without a lock in place.
That would be the best solution. I will try it before trying another method.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #877

Thor Owners Club
I've been wondering if anyone has run coax in their coach. I want to buy the new Anser Pathway X2 that is going to hit the market in August. It is a portable antenna that hooks up to two receivers so that each set can watch it's own programming separate from the other. It is not possible to split the signal so coax must be run to each set and then to each receiver. There has to also be a jack to connect the antenna to, just like the jack for cable.

I would like to know if anyone has attempted this and how hard it is. The dealer charges a good amount for this job. If you are curious about the antenna, here's a link:

Winegard Pathway X2 for DISH - DISH HD Portable Satellite TV Antenna
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #878

Quote:
Yes, this is the one I have. My wife is the one who generally installs the lock and the one that must remove if we need something while I am driving. She has not complained so I can only assume she has no difficulty using the lock provided by Thor. If she did I would look for another solution/design.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post

Jim & Sandy
Columbus, OH
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the Palazzo family! I see you are from Columbus, one of our daughters live in Delaware, OH with her family. I do not know if you are interested but there is a good RV club that we belong to that I invite you to consider. The name of the club is Tri-State Traveliers (index - Tri-State Traveliers) and we have members from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. This is a chapter of FMCA therefore you must be a member of FMCA to join. We have an outing 10 out of 12 months each year and currently we have about 70 coaches in the club. Our normal weekend outing has about 20-25 coaches that attend. Our next outing is scheduled for 15-17 August in Frankfort, KY (Elkhorn Campground).

In addition to this local club Thor has a club, Thor Diesel Club and you get your first year of membership free (Thor Diesel Club). Freightliner Custom Chassis also has a club (FCOC: Welcome to the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) and both of these clubs are international chapter (includes Canadian members) of FMCA so again you must be a member of FMCA (FMCA is for motor coach and motorhome owners. Motorcoach articles, motor home blogs, motor coach advice and motorhome videos.).

Again congratulations and I hope to see you out and about sometime soon!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #880

Thor Owners Club
My only problem is seeing the hole in the fridge with my bifocals,.!,?! Only had one time with fridge opening going down the road without the lock in. No spills. Thank goodness.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #881

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Palazzos are getting more populous. Just saw two at Pride RV Park and we are next door at Creekwood, near Waynesville, NC.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #882

Went to check on the coach today and the house batteries were DEAD...
I am sure that I set the switch to store. This is the second time in a row that this has happened. The generator will not start. Diesel will start just fine but does not seem to charge the house batteries. Any suggestions as to what to check that might be draining the house batteries? Do you think the "emergency start" switch will allow the gen to start so that I can charge the house batteries?

Bob
Closed Thread