RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #925
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Just got my 33.1 in NC and drove it back to Columbus, OH. I passed a lot of gassers in the mountains. You will not regret getting a DP.
when I test drove a gas unit the same day as a DP on the same road's and highway for 20+ mile's , we made the choice for the DP write then

mike
mikebrls is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #926
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Mike,

I have added you to the list of Palazzo owners. We stayed at Lazydays in Tampa and like the campground and facilities.

Did they give you a Crown Club Membership with the purchase? If not ask for it!

Gary
Gary , it look's like an I but it's a L " MIKEBRLS "

Thank you
mike
mikebrls is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #927
Member
 
Gropler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 34
Hello all, once again it has been a while since I have logged on but WOW. Allot of new owners and soon to be owners have joined. Welcome all! Not like I've been around that long but I am becoming very familiar with my Palazzo 33.3 and love it. Over 5000 miles since The end of May!

I took my rig int o CW for some warentee work over the past several weeks and got a traveler 1000 installed as well. The Heater was not working... Turns out the squirrel cage (inside the heater part of the fan structure I understand was totally missing... We couldn't figure out if it was never installed or it fell apart.. Never found pieces and the heater has not worked since I picked it up so I assume it was not installed properly. Fixed now.

The Fridge was leaning backward when I got the rig and I assumed that it was designed that way so items would not slide out. Problem was that the doors would not open all the way because the edge was hitting the wood around the frame. I asked them to see if they could adjust the feet so it would sit forward a bit.... However that was not the issue... The floor under the fridge was not secured at all. CW had to put in a whole new substructure to true it up. Fixed.

There was a water leak from the drivers side rear ( from the water heater?). And so I asked them to check the water connections. However... It was not the pipes but instead it was an electrical heating element that had been screwed in too tight and had broken while still sitting in its proper location... Replaced . Fixed.

Had a Safe T Plus installed as well. When the big rigs drove by on the ride home I didn't even notice them (you may recall I've had wind issues). Fixed.

The dealer also noted an issue with the temperature solenoid in the inverter bay. Apparently the temperature switch is a 40degree switch and should be a 100 degree switch. By having a 40 degree switch any time the ambient temp in the bay is over 40, the fan kicks on... Thus the fan runs almost constantly. They are working with thor to get a proper 100 degree switch so when it does get warm the fan will still kick on..... Anyone agree with this theory? I'm just not certain, but I do know that little fan runs all night unless I kill the coach with the store switch (works fine but the fridge must stay closed until back on to preserve the food.

Over all I was very pleased with the work done. Except for the extras like the satalite and the safe t plus, thor paid for it all.

2 weeks and I'm off to Yellowstone and Glacier NP for 10 days. I frikin LOVE this rig!

Gropler
Gropler is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 AM   #928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakton, Va
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post

The dealer also noted an issue with the temperature solenoid in the inverter bay. Apparently the temperature switch is a 40degree switch and should be a 100 degree switch. By having a 40 degree switch any time the ambient temp in the bay is over 40, the fan kicks on... Thus the fan runs almost constantly. They are working with thor to get a proper 100 degree switch so when it does get warm the fan will still kick on..... Anyone agree with this theory? I'm just not certain, but I do know that little fan runs all night unless I kill the coach with the store switch (works fine but the fridge must stay closed until back on to preserve the food.

Over all I was very pleased with the work done. Except for the extras like the satalite and the safe t plus, thor paid for it all.

2 weeks and I'm off to Yellowstone and Glacier NP for 10 days. I frikin LOVE this rig!

Gropler
I noted that the cooling fan was on all of the time when I took delivery of my 2014 33.2 two weeks ago. Thor is mailing me the thermostat set for 100 degrees. The symptom was that the fan was on all of the time. The incorrect thermostat shows a 15 degrees C setting stamped on it.
__________________
Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #929
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
Gary , it look's like an I but it's a L " MIKEBRLS "

Thank you
mike
Mike,

Sorry about that. I need new glasses and also need to clean these I'm wearing now..
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
gmadams is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #930
2LT
Senior Member
 
2LT's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 673
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
I noted that the cooling fan was on all of the time when I took delivery of my 2014 33.2 two weeks ago. Thor is mailing me the thermostat set for 100 degrees. The symptom was that the fan was on all of the time. The incorrect thermostat shows a 15 degrees C setting stamped on it.
Is the fan you are both referring to in the inverter bay a fan that is externally located in the bay or is it a fan in the inverter unit itself?

We have a 33.1 (2013) and recently had a problem with the inverter shutting down due to excessive heat. The dealer got Magnum on the phone to diagnose the "fault" reading on the inverter control panel above the entrance door in the coach. The little gray button on the side of the inverter (the button is hard to find) had to be depressed for about 10 seconds at which point the light started to blink rapidly. Once it blinks you release the button; this resets the inverter. We see no external fan in the inverter bay.

Has anyone else had the problem with the inverter shutting down due to high temperature?
__________________
2018 LTV Wonder FTB
2LT is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #931
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Mike,

Sorry about that. I need new glasses and also need to clean these I'm wearing now..
No problem. It happens alot when people read my email adress. It does look like a i when not in caps
mikebrls is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #932
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Hello all, once again it has been a while since I have logged on but WOW. Allot of new owners and soon to be owners have joined. Welcome all! Not like I've been around that long but I am becoming very familiar with my Palazzo 33.3 and love it. Over 5000 miles since The end of May!

I took my rig int o CW for some warentee work over the past several weeks and got a traveler 1000 installed as well. The Heater was not working... Turns out the squirrel cage (inside the heater part of the fan structure I understand was totally missing... We couldn't figure out if it was never installed or it fell apart.. Never found pieces and the heater has not worked since I picked it up so I assume it was not installed properly. Fixed now.

The Fridge was leaning backward when I got the rig and I assumed that it was designed that way so items would not slide out. Problem was that the doors would not open all the way because the edge was hitting the wood around the frame. I asked them to see if they could adjust the feet so it would sit forward a bit.... However that was not the issue... The floor under the fridge was not secured at all. CW had to put in a whole new substructure to true it up. Fixed.

There was a water leak from the drivers side rear ( from the water heater?). And so I asked them to check the water connections. However... It was not the pipes but instead it was an electrical heating element that had been screwed in too tight and had broken while still sitting in its proper location... Replaced . Fixed.

Had a Safe T Plus installed as well. When the big rigs drove by on the ride home I didn't even notice them (you may recall I've had wind issues). Fixed.

The dealer also noted an issue with the temperature solenoid in the inverter bay. Apparently the temperature switch is a 40degree switch and should be a 100 degree switch. By having a 40 degree switch any time the ambient temp in the bay is over 40, the fan kicks on... Thus the fan runs almost constantly. They are working with thor to get a proper 100 degree switch so when it does get warm the fan will still kick on..... Anyone agree with this theory? I'm just not certain, but I do know that little fan runs all night unless I kill the coach with the store switch (works fine but the fridge must stay closed until back on to preserve the food.

Over all I was very pleased with the work done. Except for the extras like the satalite and the safe t plus, thor paid for it all.

2 weeks and I'm off to Yellowstone and Glacier NP for 10 days. I frikin LOVE this rig!

Gropler
Did Yellowstone and Glacier last year. You will love the drive.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #933
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post

Is the fan you are both referring to in the inverter bay a fan that is externally located in the bay or is it a fan in the inverter unit itself?

We have a 33.1 (2013) and recently had a problem with the inverter shutting down due to excessive heat. The dealer got Magnum on the phone to diagnose the "fault" reading on the inverter control panel above the entrance door in the coach. The little gray button on the side of the inverter (the button is hard to find) had to be depressed for about 10 seconds at which point the light started to blink rapidly. Once it blinks you release the button; this resets the inverter. We see no external fan in the inverter bay.

Has anyone else had the problem with the inverter shutting down due to high temperature?
The fan was missing on our coach. Was installed during our THOR visit. Seems to be working right.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #934
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
Hello all, once again it has been a while since I have logged on but WOW. Allot of new owners and soon to be owners have joined. Welcome all! Not like I've been around that long but I am becoming very familiar with my Palazzo 33.3 and love it. Over 5000 miles since The end of May!

I took my rig int o CW for some warentee work over the past several weeks and got a traveler 1000 installed as well. The Heater was not working... Turns out the squirrel cage (inside the heater part of the fan structure I understand was totally missing... We couldn't figure out if it was never installed or it fell apart.. Never found pieces and the heater has not worked since I picked it up so I assume it was not installed properly. Fixed now.

The Fridge was leaning backward when I got the rig and I assumed that it was designed that way so items would not slide out. Problem was that the doors would not open all the way because the edge was hitting the wood around the frame. I asked them to see if they could adjust the feet so it would sit forward a bit.... However that was not the issue... The floor under the fridge was not secured at all. CW had to put in a whole new substructure to true it up. Fixed.

There was a water leak from the drivers side rear ( from the water heater?). And so I asked them to check the water connections. However... It was not the pipes but instead it was an electrical heating element that had been screwed in too tight and had broken while still sitting in its proper location... Replaced . Fixed.

Had a Safe T Plus installed as well. When the big rigs drove by on the ride home I didn't even notice them (you may recall I've had wind issues). Fixed.

The dealer also noted an issue with the temperature solenoid in the inverter bay. Apparently the temperature switch is a 40degree switch and should be a 100 degree switch. By having a 40 degree switch any time the ambient temp in the bay is over 40, the fan kicks on... Thus the fan runs almost constantly. They are working with thor to get a proper 100 degree switch so when it does get warm the fan will still kick on..... Anyone agree with this theory? I'm just not certain, but I do know that little fan runs all night unless I kill the coach with the store switch (works fine but the fridge must stay closed until back on to preserve the food.

Over all I was very pleased with the work done. Except for the extras like the satalite and the safe t plus, thor paid for it all.

2 weeks and I'm off to Yellowstone and Glacier NP for 10 days. I frikin LOVE this rig!

Gropler
Did Yellowstone & Glacier in late June When you get to Glacier if you have a few extra hours try going to Polebridge on the west side of West Glacier. Out of W glacier take the road away from the road to the sun. Polebridge is an off the grid town. Has a store that has bakery goods (awesome). If you go on past the store you go back into the NP and on to a beautiful lake. We saw a black bear on the way to that lake. Most of the road past Polebridge Is narrow and wash board. We did in in an SUV but we say several small cars on it.
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #935
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakton, Va
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Is the fan you are both referring to in the inverter bay a fan that is externally located in the bay or is it a fan in the inverter unit itself?
I am referring to a fan that blows air out of the compartment in which the inverter is located. The thermostat is a small bimetalic disk connected inline to the wires for the fan. Some or all 2013 Palazzos did not have the fan.
__________________
Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #936
2LT
Senior Member
 
2LT's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
I am referring to a fan that blows air out of the compartment in which the inverter is located. The thermostat is a small bimetalic disk connected inline to the wires for the fan. Some or all 2013 Palazzos did not have the fan.
J Walker - yes, you are correct - we have a 2013 33.1 and our inverter bay compartment does not have an external fan -
__________________
2018 LTV Wonder FTB
2LT is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #937
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Mike,

I have added you to the list of Palazzo owners. We stayed at Lazydays in Tampa and like the campground and facilities.

Did they give you a Crown Club Membership with the purchase? If not ask for it!

Gary
NO crown club for us palazzo owner's , they said $250 k and up coach's only .
it's for the Big dog's
mikebrls is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #938
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
FACTORY TOUR

There were two other couples for the tour and they were full timers. One couple arrived in a full size pickup with a Honda Cruiser motorcycle in the bed. They have a Mandalay and interested in a Tuscany. At the end of the tour we looked at a Tuscany and her comment was "Where will I do my pies?". We went out into the parking lot and looked at a 45' model. Eight feet of counter space! It also had a 60" television and a list price twice the Palazzo's. I like my Palazzo.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.