RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
FACTORY TOUR

There were two other couples for the tour and they were full timers. One couple arrived in a full size pickup with a Honda Cruiser motorcycle in the bed. They have a Mandalay and interested in a Tuscany. At the end of the tour we looked at a Tuscany and her comment was "Where will I do my pies?". We went out into the parking lot and looked at a 45' model. Eight feet of counter space! It also had a 60" television and a list price twice the Palazzo's. I like my Palazzo.
Roger that BK.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #940

Thor Owners Club
Well, today we officially signed the paperwork to buy our 36.1 with delivery at the end of August. It's on the line and just in time for us to pick the colors we wanted, a bonus for us. We're so excited. While we enjoyed our new Hurricane 34J for the past six weeks, the Palazzo will certainly put the Hurricane to shame. I'm excited!

The factory rep sent some live videos of the new color schemes. The live video definitely helped us and it was much easier to select that way. We chose the Black Canyon color. Also, for those of you ordering now, they no longer have different furniture colors. The dinette and sofa will now all be one standard color. The only variation in the interiors will be the fabrics on the bed, headboard and around the windows. The furniture color is alot darker than the previous darker shade they offered which was a yellowish buttercream color. That's what we currently have in our Hurricane. That is no longer available. The front seats are now a two-tone color and no longer available in a solid color. I personally don't care for the two-tone but we don't have a choice. They are all being built that way going forward.

Thank you for all the information you've all provided here. I'm sure I'll be bombarding you all with many questions in the immediate future.

Feel free to add our 2014 Palazzo 36.1 to your owners list. Yay!

P.S. We have never owned a DP and only ever drove one during a test drive at a dealership. I am lost when I read all your posts about all the things you've had issues with because I don't know what any of those things are, where they are located and much less, what they do. My husband and I are total newbies, so I'm really counting on all of you to help us through some bumps along the way! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #941

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Well, today we officially signed the paperwork to buy our 36.1 with delivery at the end of August. It's on the line and just in time for us to pick the colors we wanted, a bonus for us. We're so excited. While we enjoyed our new Hurricane 34J for the past six weeks, the Palazzo will certainly put the Hurricane to shame. I'm excited!

The factory rep sent some live videos of the new color schemes. The live video definitely helped us and it was much easier to select that way. We chose the Black Canyon color. Also, for those of you ordering now, they no longer have different furniture colors. The dinette and sofa will now all be one standard color. The only variation in the interiors will be the fabrics on the bed, headboard and around the windows. The furniture color is alot darker than the previous darker shade they offered which was a yellowish buttercream color. That's what we currently have in our Hurricane. That is no longer available. The front seats are now a two-tone color and no longer available in a solid color. I personally don't care for the two-tone but we don't have a choice. They are all being built that way going forward.

Thank you for all the information you've all provided here. I'm sure I'll be bombarding you all with many questions in the immediate future.

P.S. We have never owned a DP and only ever drove one during a test drive at a dealership. I am lost when I read all your posts about all the things you've had issues with because I don't know what any of those things are, where they are located and much less, what they do. My husband and I are total newbies, so I'm really counting on all of you to help us through some bumps along the way! Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard! We are here to help were can.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #942

Quote:
Welcome to the Palazzo family and welcome to iRV2! We are looking forward to hearing from you and how your 36.1 is performing.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #943

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:

congrat's
Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #944

Quote:

Congrats, enjoy. I am heading out for 4 days with my 33.3 as I write this.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #945

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Congrats, enjoy. I am heading out for 4 days with my 33.3 as I write this.
nice , I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow
Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #946

Quote:

We are scheduled for paint on the 8th, and really struggling with our choice. We have only seen pics of the new paint.. Would you be willing to PM me or post the videos. It would be a huge help. Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #947

Thor Owners Club
I was told by the sales manager that we would be able to select both our interior and exterior color. Today I received a call from the Thor sales rep in my area to tell me that the interior colors have already been chosen and all we can chose at this point is the exterior color. I suppose still being able to pick the exterior paint color is the better of the two choices, but I am disappointed.

We are now going to have Rhapsody interior. I am not a fan of red in any interior fabric and that is exactly what we're getting While it's not prevalent, it is still on every valance. I'm not sure what to do. I'll try calling the sales manager tomorrow and see what he has to say about it. Thor also said they can't install an oven for me, but thankfully, the sales manager where we are buying our RV said he will do this for me at no charge and even throw in a foam mattress for the overhead bunk, too, so my son doesn't have to sleep on the inflatable one. I'm hoping he comes through for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #948

Thor Owners Club
ZCDAD, I only have two of them - the two that we liked best. The videos are too large to post here, but I will try to post some still shots.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #949

Gingerela, Thank you for the vids. We had gotten a low quality vid" of the Ridgewood that was obviously taken by the same person. Same camera tilt and Palazzoooo! We have had a tough time agreeing on our color. Both of us like the Black Canyon, but we are in the NW and it will be sitting outside for at least a full year. Maintaining the black scares me. My wife likes the Park Avenue, but I don't like the gray and I like the Ridgewood, but she says "eww" thats a lot of brown. May come down to "happy wife, happy life"
Old 08-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCDAD View Post
We are scheduled for paint on the 8th, and really struggling with our choice. We have only seen pics of the new paint.. Would you be willing to PM me or post the videos. It would be a huge help. Thanks
My 33.2 is right in front of you. I am scheduled for paint on the 5th.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #951

Thor Owners Club
ZCDAD, here's the Black Canyon. Of course, I say go for it! I totally agree with too much brown on the Ridgewood. We currently have a Hurricane with the Park Avenue colors and it's really beautiful. I just think the Palazzo is much more striking in the black.

Personally, I much prefer the now defunct Galleria, but that's not an option any more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Canyon Paint.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	43418  
Old 08-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #952

Quote:
ZCDAD, here's the Black Canyon. Of course, I say go for it! I totally agree with too much brown on the Ridgewood. We currently have a Hurricane with the Park Avenue colors and it's really beautiful. I just think the Palazzo is much more striking in the black.
Nice photos!
Closed Thread