RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #953
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Now that I know my Palazzo is on the assembly line, I'm dying to take the factory tour. I'm just not sure what I'll be able to see of it, if anything. The rep in my area said to let him know so we could arrange the tour on a day he's at the factory. I am so curious but not sure it's worth the 9 hour drive each way. I'm really torn. We take delivery at the end of this month.

Anyone head out there to see their unit being assembled?
Gingerela is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #954
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakton, Va
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Now that I know my Palazzo is on the assembly line, I'm dying to take the factory tour. I'm just not sure what I'll be able to see of it, if anything. The rep in my area said to let him know so we could arrange the tour on a day he's at the factory. I am so curious but not sure it's worth the 9 hour drive each way. I'm really torn. We take delivery at the end of this month.
Anyone head out there to see their unit being assembled?
I would wait on the tour. If you need factory warranty repairs after you get your MH then you can take the tour at that time.
__________________
Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #955
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Now that I know my Palazzo is on the assembly line, I'm dying to take the factory tour. I'm just not sure what I'll be able to see of it, if anything. The rep in my area said to let him know so we could arrange the tour on a day he's at the factory. I am so curious but not sure it's worth the 9 hour drive each way. I'm really torn. We take delivery at the end of this month.

Anyone head out there to see their unit being assembled?
You will not see your unit build. The tour starts after most employees have gone home for the day. You will see various coaches in the line in various stages of the build. Now maybe your dealer could get you a private tour. Not sure on this.
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #956
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

You will not see your unit build. The tour starts after most employees have gone home for the day. You will see various coaches in the line in various stages of the build. Now maybe your dealer could get you a private tour. Not sure on this.
When we did the tour there were still some employees working. One group was putting the roof on a unit and a couple were working in the cabinet area. Our tour lasted 1.75 hours. Make sure you go to the Class A plant. I used Google maps and arrived at the plant for Class C units.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #957
Senior Member
 
Ridinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Madisonville, La.
Posts: 178
Anyone know what the switch on the Palazzo 33.3 Queen rear bed is for? It is on the drivers side wood frame of bed in line with the breakers. Looks just like a home light switch with a small light below it. ?????
__________________
Dale & Cecile
2017 Rockwood 2604WS TT
Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L
Ridinbear is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #958
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakton, Va
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Anyone know what the switch on the Palazzo 33.3 Queen rear bed is for? It is on the drivers side wood frame of bed in line with the breakers. Looks just like a home light switch with a small light below it. ?????
Without going and looking at it I will say the it is the engine block heater.
__________________
Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #959
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post

Without going and looking at it I will say the it is the engine block heater.
X2 Engine Block Heater.
TheArnolds is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #960
2LT
Senior Member
 
2LT's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
X2 Engine Block Heater.
X3 - Engine Block Heater Switch - Ours is a 33.1 (2013) and our switch is located on the bedroom wall above the access panel for the forced air heater. Called Thor Technical Service to inquire and confirm what the switch is for.
__________________
2018 LTV Wonder FTB
2LT is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #961
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post

Without going and looking at it I will say the it is the engine block heater.
It is the engine block engine heater switch. When the red light on switch is on block heater is on. Crazy place for it too. Put the bed spread on or just rub the bed & switch is on. I put a piece of Duct tape over mine to make sure it stays off!!!
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #962
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

It is the engine block engine heater switch. When the red light on switch is on block heater is on. Crazy place for it too. Put the bed spread on or just rub the bed & switch is on. I put a piece of Duct tape over mine to make sure it stays off!!!
tt
X2...found it on today. Too easy to unintentionally turn ON. I'm going to go the tape route.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #963
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Never thought of this before. But I wonder if the block heater might be on a breaker by itself. I'll check that tomorrow. Just flip the breaker off ??
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #964
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Never thought of this before. But I wonder if the block heater might be on a breaker by itself. I'll check that tomorrow. Just flip the breaker off ??
Good idea.
Ours was one all day once.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #965
Junior Member
 
BracyFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
I remember reading about someone's first impressions on their Palazzo and he mentioned the block heater switch. He said it was on the wall in the bedroom. When we picked up ours from the dealership I looked for the switch but couldn't find it. Then when we finally got to our camping site 5+ hours after picking up the coach I found the switch on the side of the bed in the on position. I couldn't believe that the techs missed this when they did their PDI. Needless to say that switch is always off now.
__________________
Matt & Carolyn
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2
BracyFam is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #966
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Never thought of this before. But I wonder if the block heater might be on a breaker by itself. I'll check that tomorrow. Just flip the breaker off ??
Ok just went down to the barn & check the RV for power to the block heater. The block heater has a 15 A breaker just for itself. Can't believe I was using duct tape & didn't think of this earlier. Ha
ChallengerRN is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.