Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRandy View Post
Add me to the list RVRandy - 33.2
Welcome to our family! This is a very helpful and friendly group of Palazzo owners

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #86

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gray tank dump

We did our 4th weekend trip in our 33.1 this weekend so we are getting the hang of how to do things.

Something odd I noticed while dumping the gray tank today and other times is that it seems to be a two cycle process. I open the valve and there is an initial rush of outflow. Then it slows down and just when I think it is going to finish, there comes the second wave. No reason I can think of this happening. Has anyone else experienced it? Or have some logical explanation?

Perhaps I should add that this is with the tank showing more than half full. One thing we have not learned to do is conserve water and minimize gray water. Between showers, dishwashing, and other washing, we get over half full in just two nights. Good thing we have the 10 gal water heater so we don't run out of hot water!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #87

How do I tell if the auto-start for the generator is turned on? Secondly, how does one turn off the auto-start? Is there an indicator some place that shows this?

Y'all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Iggy
2013 Palazzo 33.1
Mini Cooper Clubman S
Old 12-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
We did our 4th weekend trip in our 33.1 this weekend so we are getting the hang of how to do things.

Something odd I noticed while dumping the gray tank today and other times is that it seems to be a two cycle process. I open the valve and there is an initial rush of outflow. Then it slows down and just when I think it is going to finish, there comes the second wave. No reason I can think of this happening. Has anyone else experienced it? Or have some logical explanation?

Perhaps I should add that this is with the tank showing more than half full. One thing we have not learned to do is conserve water and minimize gray water. Between showers, dishwashing, and other washing, we get over half full in just two nights. Good thing we have the 10 gal water heater so we don't run out of hot water!
Butte 64
It could be that your vent has a problem. Build up of internal vacuum slows it down, then gets a big gulp of air and rushes to finish.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #89

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post

Butte 64
It could be that your vent has a problem. Build up of internal vacuum slows it down, then gets a big gulp of air and rushes to finish.
Todd thinking, thanks.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #90

Quote:

I find the same thing. I think it as you say, a vacuum is created in the grey water tank as it starts to empty, then it finally releases. I also find that the grey water tank fills rather quickly. I don't know if it is really full or just registers this way. I'm afraid to test how much more we can add after the red (full) light comes on. I wonder if it is only 1/3 full when this light comes on?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
How do I tell if the auto-start for the generator is turned on? Secondly, how does one turn off the auto-start? Is there an indicator some place that shows this?

Y'all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Iggy
2013 Palazzo 33.1
Mini Cooper Clubman S
The Magnum controller in the cabinet over the door will tell you if the autostart is turned on. You need to cycle thru the listings. You should have got an instruction manual in the big bag of manuals that comes with the coach
Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom65 View Post

I find the same thing. I think it as you say, a vacuum is created in the grey water tank as it starts to empty, then it finally releases. I also find that the grey water tank fills rather quickly. I don't know if it is really full or just registers this way. I'm afraid to test how much more we can add after the red (full) light comes on. I wonder if it is only 1/3 full when this light comes on?
Your shower is a low point in the grey water system. You will know the tank is really full when the shower stops draining.

My fresh water gauge is not accurate but you can easily cross check that just by looking at the tank.

I am hoping not to find the black tank over full
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #93

Quote:
Your shower is a low point in the grey water system. You will know the tank is really full when the shower stops draining.

My fresh water gauge is not accurate but you can easily cross check that just by looking at the tank.

I am hoping not to find the black tank over full
All of my level indicators are not too accurate so I have no expectation that I can rely on them 100%...they are only a rough guide.

Good advice on the shower being the low point for the gray water! I find that when the black tank is becoming full the toilet will "burp" when you flush so I know it is time to stop using and drain the tank as soon as possible.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #94

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Talking Palazzo satellite TV

I am considering getting Dish Network satellite TV but have not figured out all the technical aspects.

First issue is how to connect the satellite antenna. I do not intend to have in-motion, I want a portable antenna that I setup outside when I want to use it. I recall some mention of a coax connection in the storage bay but I do not see one in my 33.1 that has the outside TV. Not sure why we got that, other than wife wanted it. I do have a cable TV connection in the utility bay but don't know if that could be used for a satellite antenna.

Second issue is placement and connecting the satellite receiver.

So, has anyone done this and have suggestions?

Anyone experienced with Dish service? I like the ability to turn on and off, plus no contract. Any recommendations on antennas and receiver? I am looking for low end and don't care about HD. On the size of our TVs I don't see HD making that much of a difference. And I really feel the need for HD I can go to places with an over the air signal.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #95

the cable connection in the storage bay is for cable connection only.
on the roof at the front near the windshield is a round vent cover. You have take the cover off by removing one screw under the water proof putty. your satellite cable is a orange cable. you will see a 2" hole will need to be drilled out yo access the cable. Then you will have to put a connector on the cable to run cable to dish. The other end of the orange cable runs into your TV switch box ove the front passenger seat. I have not done this yet but it doesn't look to bad. You then connect your SAT box here and there is a HDMI cable there to that runs to the panel under your tv on the right. in there you will find the other end of the HDMI cable that goes to tv. Hope this helps..John
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #96

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnmiller View Post
the cable connection in the storage bay is for cable connection only.
on the roof at the front near the windshield is a round vent cover. You have take the cover off by removing one screw under the water proof putty. your satellite cable is a orange cable. you will see a 2" hole will need to be drilled out yo access the cable. Then you will have to put a connector on the cable to run cable to dish. The other end of the orange cable runs into your TV switch box ove the front passenger seat. I have not done this yet but it doesn't look to bad. You then connect your SAT box here and there is a HDMI cable there to that runs to the panel under your tv on the right. in there you will find the other end of the HDMI cable that goes to tv. Hope this helps..John
Great info, thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #97

We have put a 40" tv in our Bounder and really love HD. But your right on smaller sets it doesn't make quite as much difference.
We have the Dish 'pay as you go' programming. We have the America 250 programming and we receive locals from where we are by calling and changing our 'service' address. Sometimes more complicated than it should be (dumb support people) but seems to work.
We have a Winegard Travlr on the roof. It will automatically find and lock onto all 3 satellites that are necessary to get the total dish network. You can find the Travlr from 1300-1700 $. Plus installation. By locking on all three satellites you can change channels without delays to find new satellite and watch one channel and record another even though they may be on different satellites. (Depending on your receiver).
We also have a portable satellite, the Tailgater. This is for when the mh is located under trees, etc and cannot get a signal. It is also automatic (no aiming dishes for us), very light and unfortunately can 'grow legs'. It only takes one RG6 cable from receiver to dish. The dish receives power from the receiver through the same cable. It does not appear to work when hooked up to cable connection in bay. We have to run cable through a window.
We have 2 VIP 211 K receivers. These are single tuner receivers so you cannot record one channel while watching another. However with 2 of them you can. But if connected to the Tailgater the channels have to be on the same satellite as the Tailgater only locks onto one satellite at a time (and there is a pause when changing channels).
The 211 does not have a hard drive so it is not a dvr BUT you can add your own hard drive and turn it into a dvr.!
Sorry this is so long but I hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Terry

On Dec 31, 2012, at 10:02 PM, "iRV2 Forums" <support@irv2.com> wrote:

Dear firedoc,

You are subscribed to the thread "Palazzo Owners" by gmadams, there have been 1 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was Butte64.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/pala...rs-142298.html

These following posts were made to the thread:
Palazzo satellite TV
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/pala...ml#post1415809
Posted by: Butte64
On: 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

I am considering getting Dish Network satellite TV but have not figured out all the technical aspects.

First issue is how to connect the satellite antenna. I do not intend to have in-motion, I want a portable antenna that I setup outside when I want to use it. I recall some mention of a coax connection in the storage bay but I do not see one in my 33.1 that has the outside TV. Not sure why we got that, other than wife wanted it. I do have a cable TV connection in the utility bay but don't know if that could be used for a satellite antenna.

Second issue is placement and connecting the satellite receiver.

So, has anyone done this and have suggestions?

Anyone experienced with Dish service? I like the ability to turn on and off, plus no contract. Any recommendations on antennas and receiver? I am looking for low end and don't care about HD. On the size of our TVs I don't see HD making that much of a difference. And I really feel the need for HD I can go to places with an over the air signal.

All the best,
iRV2 Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/subscript...3881ac1185de87
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #98

Monaco Owners Club
DW and I like the Palazzo's but I really like the 36.1. Noticed no one got the larger unit. I like the layout - but is the 300 engine the problem? or was it just layout? Color me curious
Closed Thread