RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #981

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Ok Thanks for the info on bed switch. Bad switch placement. On 33.3 it is also crazy to have the battery disconnect switch next to awning/step switch and opposite the bunks with slide switch next to 2 light switches. Guess what grand kids do or myself in middle of the night.
Been there, done that!
Was in upper MI in the middle of no-where when everything stopped working............. totally freaked me out. Raining, no cell service, not as much as a gas station where we were. Had to use a pay phone to call THOR. Finally got a tech on the phone.
After she calmed me down about this ##### THOR, she suggested I check the switch......... guess what.
It appears that the wife hit the switch while cleaning and did not notice everything went off.
I was real humble to the THOR rep. They are there 24/7 if you need them (or not).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #982

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
+1 on flow rite... Easy 15min install. Don't forget to buy a manual hand pump... Works great!

I called them up and they walked me through what I needed... They also gave me a huge discount... Since it was direct from the manufacturer... Don't know if the special is still going on.

In Maine right now... Lovin our 33.3!

https://www.flow-rite.com/battery-wa...pro-fill-valve
Will do........
Thanks All !
Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #983

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Been there, done that!
Was in upper MI in the middle of no-where when everything stopped working............. totally freaked me out. Raining, no cell service, not as much as a gas station where we were. Had to use a pay phone to call THOR. Finally got a tech on the phone.
After she calmed me down about this ##### THOR, she suggested I check the switch......... guess what.
It appears that the wife hit the switch while cleaning and did not notice everything went off.
I was real humble to the THOR rep. They are there 24/7 if you need them (or not).
We did the same thing. After calling Thor and finding the problem we had a good laugh with the Thjor rep.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
We did the same thing. After calling Thor and finding the problem we had a good laugh with the Thjor rep.
We call it the "Joshie Switch" after our youngest Grandson. I agree, it is in a dumb location and too easy to bump to the "store" position.

We were camping and my DW called me into the RV to tell me that everything is off. At first I figured it was a fuse and checked them all. I checked the electric in supply...no electric then I started the generator but still no electric. While I was standing there scratching my head I remember someone on iRV2 talking about one of their children playing with the "Store" switch so I checked it and all electric was restored. I got all the Grands together and asked them nicely who was playing with that switch and Joshie raised his hand. We had a discussion and all was well.

This switch is part of my brief when people camp with us...DO NOT PLAY WITH THE "JOSHIE" SWITCH!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

Been there, done that!
The "store" switch on the 33.2 actually in a good place. Up high on end of cabinet above the entry steps. Along side the awning & step switches. Just turn it off as you walk out the door.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #986

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

The "store" switch on the 33.2 actually in a good place. Up high on end of cabinet above the entry steps. Along side the awning & step switches. Just turn it off as you walk out the door.
You are right, my last RV had switch high. It would be Ok if it had a switch cover.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #987

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

+1 ... and having the step switch there also a convenience. When I put the coach to bed in my storage facility, I hit the store switch, turn on the step switch (so the step is retracted when I close & lock the door.). Finally, I go to the battery compartment and switch off the chassis batteries.

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #988

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post

+1 ... and having the step switch there also a convenience. When I put the coach to bed in my storage facility, I hit the store switch, turn on the step switch (so the step is retracted when I close & lock the door.). Finally, I go to the battery compartment and switch off the chassis batteries.

Norb
That is my exact procedure but when others are in RV it doesn't work so smoothly sometimes.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #989

Texas Boomers Club
Anyone else have slide problems on 36.1? Bottom of full wall slide moves in but top will not. We're in Medford OR now... hope to get Thor on phone tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Batten54 - 36.1
It would appear that we have a new Palazzo owner! Welcome to iRV2 and the Palazzo family. We are looking forward to hearing about your new rig and your experiences!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #991

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

It would appear that we have a new Palazzo owner! Welcome to iRV2 and the Palazzo family. We are looking forward to hearing about your new rig and your experiences!
Met John and family as they were parked in the Fredericksburg Target parking lot on their way down from CT to Rodanthe , N.C. He had a few questions since the 2014, 33.3 is only a week old. He is not a member of this forum but according to John he has enjoyed reading the various posts in his research.

Bill
Old 08-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #992

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post

Norb
do you need to shut off the chassis batteries every time you store the rv for a week or so ?
also when you shut the chassis batteries does it mess up the computer on dash?
I just got back home from picking up my 2014 33.3 I will post some pic's soon

thank's
mike
Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #993

Evergreen Owners Club
some pic's of my new toy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment (1).jpg
Views:	61
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	43551   Click image for larger version