RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #995

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
some pic's of my new toy
Looks great, enjoy!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #996

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

do you need to shut off the chassis batteries every time you store the rv for a week or so ?
also when you shut the chassis batteries does it mess up the computer on dash?
I just got back home from picking up my 2014 33.3 I will post some pic's soon

thank's
mike
I don't bother with the chassis batteries unless I know it is going to be more than two weeks that I won't run it.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #997

Evergreen Owners Club
thank you ,
Old 08-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #998

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Anyone else have slide problems on 36.1? Bottom of full wall slide moves in but top will not. We're in Medford OR now... hope to get Thor on phone tomorrow.

Welcome to the family !!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #999

Evergreen Owners Club
Question , The dealer put 110 psi in the front and 100 psi in the rear dual's,
Since coach is brand new I have not loaded it or weighed it yet but from what I have read it seem's like to much psi in the front ?
If I lower the front psi will it not sway as much when truck are passing and strong wind ?

Thank's
mike
Old 08-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1000

If you change the pressure the coach will handle 100% different. I've never weighed mine but I know that the 22.5 tires can handle and be safe at much less pressure. I tested mine at several different pressures. Finally settled on 95 # front and 90 # rears. Mine at those pressure no longer darts around like it did at the 110 #. I have read here that others on have weighed theirs and are running about the same as mine. I will be as light as anyone here. We don't carry anything we don't use. I probably could crawl thru our pass thru bay with no more than it has in it (Well maybe if I wasn't an old man. Ha)
Old 08-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #1001

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Question , The dealer put 110 psi in the front and 100 psi in the rear dual's,
Since coach is brand new I have not loaded it or weighed it yet but from what I have read it seem's like to much psi in the front ?
If I lower the front psi will it not sway as much when truck are passing and strong wind ?

Thank's
mike
Had ours weighed at Freightliner. Techs set pressure at 90 psi front, 95 psi rear.
Drove so much better.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #1002
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Had ours weighed at Freightliner. Techs set pressure at 90 psi front, 95 psi rear.
Drove so much better.

Just curious --when you had the coach weighed at Freightliner what kind of tank levels and cargo did you have? And was the weigh with passengers ?

Thanks !
Old 08-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #1003

Quote:
Anyone else have slide problems on 36.1? Bottom of full wall slide moves in but top will not. We're in Medford OR now... hope to get Thor on phone tomorrow.
Sounds like the problem I had with my 33.2, posted how the tech from Thor had me get it back in a few pages back.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1004

So got the rig back from the shop, will detail the fixes when I get back to a computer. 2000 plus miles and about to hit Yellowstone tomorrow with no slide issues (not just knocking on wood but beating my head on it). Just had to say after leaving Virginia we pulled into a rest stop in PA and pulled right next to another 33.2, great guy. Then today on my way to Cody Wyoming we passed another palazzo going in the other direction with the same paint, towing a wrangler with bikes on the back of the jeep, could have been our twin since that is exactly how we are hooked up.

Lovin the rig even through the bighorn mountains with up to 10 percent grades
Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #1005

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post

Just curious --when you had the coach weighed at Freightliner what kind of tank levels and cargo did you have? And was the weigh with passengers ?

Thanks !
We were on a week trip so rig was loaded with water/fuel. Can get u weight in the am.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #1006

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, we had a similar problem in Middleton, OR. It must be an Oregon thing When I tried to bring the slide in, the left side (facing the slide from the inside) would come in only about 3 or 4 inches while the right side would continue inward about 2 or 3 more inches. I noticed that the bottom of the left side was in further than the top. The slide would stop in that position. We were able to extend the slide out again but each time we tried to retract it, the same "off kilter" situation occurred.

It took me about an hour to finally get the slide back in. I kept the bottom from moving by pushing my foot against it while pulling on the top of the slide with both hands. This was done from the inside of the MH while I had my wife operating the switch.

After returning home, I took the MH to CW along with a list of 12+ other item that needed warranty work. That was more than 3 weeks ago. For some reason (unknown to me) CW has not gotten any repair parts yet and yesterday I retrieved my MH and brought it home. I told them to call me when they get the parts and have the time to do the repairs.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #1007

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
some pic's of my new toy
Is that your garage? If it is I am envious!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #1008
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
We were on a week trip so rig was loaded with water/fuel. Can get u weight in the am.
Thanks! We have an identical coach and was curious about the load. Our tire pressures currently are a bit higher than the 90/95 so it looks like we could lower ours to your numbers and be okay.