Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #1037

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

If you do not see any water dripping to the ground my guess would be the ice maker. With everything off where I can hear I do hear the water pump go on after I hear ice fall from the ice maker...just a guess?
That would be a good guess but the ice maker is turned off. I will keep my eyes and ears open. Thanks for the response.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post

That would be a good guess but the ice maker is turned off. I will keep my eyes and ears open. Thanks for the response.
I had mine do that one time after I added water after it had been winterized. What mine was one of the low drain valves was dripping just a little. And mean a drop now and then. Make sure both valves are shut tight. I knew mine was leaking someplace. Finally saw it on my
concrete drive. Never would of saw it on gravel
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #1039

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
charging question , one say's bulk charging and the other say's absorb charging what is the difference ?

also when gen, running or shore power do you keep the the charging button on " on " all the time ?

Thank you mike
There are 3 levels of charging: Bulk, Absorb, and Float. Note the high current for bulk, when the batteries need charging the most. Medium current for absorb, and low level for float. There is also typically a difference in voltage.

I don't pay any attention to when it is on generator or the engine is running and it seems to charge OK. Something to watch out for is the Max Shore power setting if you are not on a 50A connection. When I am home where I only have a 15A circuit I set it to low, like 5A, and that way am able to run an AC at the same time without popping the circuit breaker. When I go to a campground with 50A I reset it to 50A. And if I ever go where there is only 30A I will set it to 30A.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #1040

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
LBCU Help

Trying to get our LBCU set up to display miles-per-gallon usage.
Can't seem to get there.
Any help out there ?????
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #1041

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I had mine do that one time after I added water after it had been winterized. What mine was one of the low drain valves was dripping just a little. And mean a drop now and then. Make sure both valves are shut tight. I knew mine was leaking someplace. Finally saw it on my
concrete drive. Never would of saw it on gravel
Had the same issue with drain valves. Ended up replacing both. Could never get them to stop leaking.
And yes, the pump ran when the pressure dropped.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #1042

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Trying to get our LBCU set up to display miles-per-gallon usage.
Can't seem to get there.
Any help out there ?????
Here are the options in the manual, you can get Inst, Today, Leg, and Trip.
Details are in section 2 of the Freightliner manual.

Here are the options:
LBCU DISPLAY
Generator Hours
Date & Time
Odometer
Today: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Leg: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Trip: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Road: Speed - Engine RPM - Oil Pressure - Inst Fuel Economy - Fuel Used - Engine Hours - Engine Temp - Turbo Pressure - Voltage - Cruise Speed

Transmission Temp -Gear Attained
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #1043

Evergreen Owners Club
sale's guy told me to run with exhaust brake on all the time is this good or bad ?

also when to use the " mode " button " economy "

thank you
mike
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #1044

Quote:
sale's guy told me to run with exhaust brake on all the time is this good or bad ?

thank you
mike
This ought to get some response. Ok. I see no reason to use the exhaust brake all the time much less hardly anytime. For me the time to use it is on a downhill grade. To slow down quick every time u let off the gas seems an unreal way to drive. Let the coach coast some into the next stop?? Seem like the way to stop for me.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #1045

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

thank you
mike
I leave the exhaust brake on most of the time I a not in traffic. Partly because I think that in a situation that I want max stopping power it might help. The tradeoff is that I sometimes have to feather the throttle so it won't engage. But at low speeds in stop and go traffic it gets in the way or if I want to coast I turn it off.

For the mode button I turn it on when I am not expecting a lot of hill climbing where I might get slowed down by not getting a downshift soon enough.

But I'm not an expert and still learning. Ask me again after 50K miles of experience.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #1046

Quote:

thank you
mike
Now for the mode button. No matter rather you use it or not when you get into high gear ( 66) every thing is the same. So my logic there is that 95% of the time your in (66) so how can it help very much. What it does is changes your shift RPM on the up-shift. Not worth the hassle to me. Probably be someone that thinks you will get another mile per gallon. I say it has to be very minimal and it can't even be enough difference to measure. And if anything it's going to give me less power and take more distance for me to get to 65 MPH coming up to speed. I like to get up to road speed as quick as possible as not to be in someone's way.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1047

Bulk charging is when the batteries are discharged at a certain point and a constant full voltage charge is needed for a faster charge. When the voltage is increased by the bulk charging it goes into absorbed charge. Absorbed charge is when the batteries are somewhat close to fully charged and is trickled charged to reach a full charge.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #1048

Evergreen Owners Club
thank's all good point's , I did notice coming home from dealer that when coming to a light I would have to feather the gas pedal so it would not down shift with exhaust break on .

mike
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #1049

Quote:
thank's all good point's , I did notice coming home from dealer that when coming to a light I would have to feather the gas pedal so it would not down shift with exhaust break on .

mike
If yours is like mine when the exhaust brake activates the brake lights come on too. So if you are just running along and let off gas a little your brake lights will come on. I'm not one the likes that but that might be OK to others ??
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #1050

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
If yours is like mine when the exhaust brake activates the brake lights come on too. So if you are just running along and let off gas a little your brake lights will come on. I'm not one the likes that but that might be OK to others ??
My brake lights "do not" come on when the exhaust brake activates.
Closed Thread