RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #1065

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Learned the hard way the 6000 service has been deleted.
I spoke with Freightliner and they said the first 6 month or 6000 mile is Needed but NO oil change or trans, change ,Just inspect and lubricate .

They also said that there used to be a every 6 month service after that and they deleted it and now it's once a year or 15000 mile's

mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #1066

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

I spoke with Freightliner and they said the first 6 month or 6000 mile is Needed but NO oil change or trans, change ,Just inspect and lubricate .

They also said that there used to be a every 6 month service after that and they deleted it and now it's once a year or 15000 mile's

mike
I'm running on once a year service. Not come close to 15k a year yet.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #1067

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
I'm running on once a year service. Not come close to 15k a year yet.
sound's good
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #1068

Quote:
Been there, done that!
Was in upper MI in the middle of no-where when everything stopped working............. totally freaked me out. Raining, no cell service, not as much as a gas station where we were. Had to use a pay phone to call THOR. Finally got a tech on the phone.
After she calmed me down about this ##### THOR, she suggested I check the switch......... guess what.
It appears that the wife hit the switch while cleaning and did not notice everything went off.
I was real humble to the THOR rep. They are there 24/7 if you need them (or not).
I've called Thor and got an answering machine and left a message. Never did get a call back. I was on my own to figure out why the low coolant light came on and why the coach shut down after 30 seconds regardless of where we were.

Finally it was determined that Freightliner had failed to apply plumbers tape to the fitting which caused a slow leak in the heat exchanger up front.
This caused us to spend several nights parked while we tried to get help. Tthe first Freightliner dealer had no idea what was going on. They did not deal with motorhomes very often. The second dealer was able to find the problem and had worked on lots of motorhomes in the past. Moral to the story is that your on your own and not all Freightliner dealers are able to be much help and Thor may or may not respond to calls.

2013 33.1
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #1069

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
I've called Thor and got an answering machine and left a message. Never did get a call back. I was on my own to figure out why the low coolant light came on and why the coach shut down after 30 seconds regardless of where we were.

Finally it was determined that Freightliner had failed to apply plumbers tape to the fitting which caused a slow leak in the heat exchanger up front.
This caused us to spend several nights parked while we tried to get help. Tthe first Freightliner dealer had no idea what was going on. They did not deal with motorhomes very often. The second dealer was able to find the problem and had worked on lots of motorhomes in the past. Moral to the story is that your on your own and not all Freightliner dealers are able to be much help and Thor may or may not respond to calls.

2013 33.1
The Freightliner Help line is (800) 385-4357
Allison 800-252-5283
Old 08-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Have this fan in the inverter section (they prob just have this on the 2014 model, I have the 33.3)... and found that it is hooked up to some sensor... Im thinking this sensor is a day/night sensor (light sensitive sensor). Could it be that when the inverter is on and it is daytime, the fan is on? Its crazy that we dont have manuals for this coach!!!

Brought our 36.1 home from the dealer yesterday to keep while waiting on some slide hardware. After returning home and parking noticed the inverter bay fan running. Didn't think anything of it until my wife went out this morning and reported that it was still running. So I disconnected external power and shut the batteries down with the STORE switch. The fan continued to run. Am going to disconnect from the sensor that you depicted in the pic to see if it will shut off and stay off. Was wondering if anyone had more info on the powering and on/off logic of the fan. Thanks, Joe
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #1071

Followup to above post - verified 12V always present at input to sensor - guessing this is correct as it would allow the fan to run even if everything shut down until sensor operated. Also verified 12V output from sensor which leads me to believe the sensor is faulty as I hadn't noticed this running for extended times before. Removing power from sensor and then reapplying did not change anything. Any thoughts - probably a call to Thor to understand better. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #1072

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecathysw View Post
Brought our 36.1 home from the dealer yesterday to keep while waiting on some slide hardware. After returning home and parking noticed the inverter bay fan running. Didn't think anything of it until my wife went out this morning and reported that it was still running. So I disconnected external power and shut the batteries down with the STORE switch. The fan continued to run. Am going to disconnect from the sensor that you depicted in the pic to see if it will shut off and stay off. Was wondering if anyone had more info on the powering and on/off logic of the fan. Thanks, Joe
Fan was installed during our factory visit. It ran all the time. I called tech support. Was told it is wired to run all the time. Wired to chassis battery. Does not seem right to me. Was told it draws same amps as a laptop computer fan.
??????
Old 08-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #1073

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Fan was installed during our factory visit. It ran all the time. I called tech support. Was told it is wired to run all the time. Wired to chassis battery. Does not seem right to me. Was told it draws same amps as a laptop computer fan.
??????
that sensor is a thermostat , and on mine it is the wrong one " 40 f " and should be 100 f sensor , they said they will replace it but i need to come in so they can make there warranty money :( I told them to mail it to me and they said nope .

mike
Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #1074

Quote:
Followup to above post - verified 12V always present at input to sensor - guessing this is correct as it would allow the fan to run even if everything shut down until sensor operated. Also verified 12V output from sensor which leads me to believe the sensor is faulty as I hadn't noticed this running for extended times before. Removing power from sensor and then reapplying did not change anything. Any thoughts - probably a call to Thor to understand better. Thanks.
The in-line device is called a thermistor - reacts to a predetermined temperature threshold to determine when to switch the connected device on and off. I imagine it was designed to run the fan above a set temperature, but to switch off once that temperature dropped. I would guess the thermistor is defective.

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 08-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
that sensor is a thermostat , and on mine it is the wrong one " 40 f " and should be 100 f sensor , they said they will replace it but i need to come in so they can make there warranty money :( I told them to mail it to me and they said nope .

mike
Just looked and mine is a f40. Its definitely above 40 degrees here in TX if that is the meaning of the number. Confused as to why I hadn't noticed it staying on prior to today. Thanks for that info. Joe
Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1076

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Just looked and mine is a f40. Its definitely above 40 degrees here in TX if that is the meaning of the number. Confused as to why I hadn't noticed it staying on prior to today. Thanks for that info. Joe
It would appear that specs call for a 40 degree Celsius sensor (140 degrees F) and they are instead using a 40 degree F sensors. No wonder they run constantly. Mine is sitting in my driveway and the fan is constantly ON. Suspect that someone in purchasing goofed.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #1077

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post

It would appear that specs call for a 40 degree Celsius sensor (140 degrees F) and they are instead using a 40 degree F sensors. No wonder they run constantly. Mine is sitting in my driveway and the fan is constantly ON. Suspect that someone in purchasing goofed.
Curiosity got the best of me. I pulled the thermostat from the fan compartment. It is marked 36T22 561887 F40-15C S1217. I interpret that to mean 15 degrees C or 59 degrees F. No wonder it runs all the time.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #1078

Evergreen Owners Club
On a side note wife and i took the coach for her first overnight stay just to test everything out and orginize . We are staying at john dickerson state park in hobe sound fl. Very nice and quite place