Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
DW and I like the Palazzo's but I really like the 36.1. Noticed no one got the larger unit. I like the layout - but is the 300 engine the problem? or was it just layout? Color me curious
The 36.1 was not available when we purchased our back in June. The layout is fine but I do not need the extra bathroom and washer/dryer so if it was available I would not of purchased.

As for power, I do not think this is an issue unless you max out everything including a heavy tow car but I think that would be the same with any RV. The 300 Cummings is a good engine and enough power for what I need to do plus good fuel economy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #100

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
DW and I like the Palazzo's but I really like the 36.1. Noticed no one got the larger unit. I like the layout - but is the 300 engine the problem? or was it just layout? Color me curious
The 36.1 was just recently announced, don't know if any have been delivered to dealers.
My objective with the 33.1 was to minimize cost while maximizing capability in a new DP. With just 2 people and 1 small dog we just don't need the excess space, size, and weight. The 36.1 looks great for families so I expect it to be popular.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
36.1 now at dealers

Lazydays Tucson has a couple. With oldest son in Navy and youngest one graduating college in May..no kids but who knows who will want to tag-along I am hoping one will be at Quartzsite in a few weeks. Anyone test driving one please post impressions. Second choice would be 33.1 but no W/D space

2013 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo - On Lot
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #102

Awnings for Palazzo windows and door?

Has anyone thought or or considering putting any awnings on the Palazzo?

I am considering putting a rain gutter over the windows.

I would appreciate any of your thoughts.

Bill

Palazzo 33.1
Jeep Unlimited
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #103

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan22 View Post

Bill

Palazzo 33.1
Jeep Unlimited
Nope The combination of solid shades and the see through daytime shades seems enough. I did not have it in the summer but from my limited experience I doubt that driver side awnings would give enough temp control to make the expense and effort worthwhile.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #104

Unhappy Palazzo 33.1 shower door

Has any one had shower door problem? Could not open when we did our walk thru so they adjusted it and it worked pretty good for a couple trips. Its on the lower right corner and it is very hard to get open when you are inside. The door seems to be unlevel and now it has tore the rubber wiper on the bottom of the door. It does not seem to have an adjustment. Going to call dealer and make appt. to either fix or replace..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnmiller View Post
Has any one had shower door problem? Could not open when we did our walk thru so they adjusted it and it worked pretty good for a couple trips. Its on the lower right corner and it is very hard to get open when you are inside. The door seems to be unlevel and now it has tore the rubber wiper on the bottom of the door. It does not seem to have an adjustment. Going to call dealer and make appt. to either fix or replace..
Nope, ours works just fine and I do not recall anyone reporting this problem before. Let us know what the dealer does to get it fixed. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
No problem here, really enjoy the large shower and skylight. Had a little rattle from the door that was easily resolved.
Good luck, it looks like a frame problem.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #107

Been using ours for a month and so far it works fine
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #108

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We had the exact same problem including the rubber wiper on the bottom of the door. Took it in to the dealer and was fixed under warranty.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #109

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan22 View Post

Bill

Palazzo 33.1
Jeep Unlimited
I hadn't considered doing this. For now I think that I will just stay with the way it came.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #110

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Trim on slide loose

On the large slide the exterior bottom trim is loose. At first I thought there was a lack of adhesive and the pressure of the weather seal gasket was pushing the trim piece out. I found the situation is worse than that when I put the slide out to examine the details.

On the under side there is a metal strip attached to this trim piece that is screwed into the slide floor. I noticed a screw missing and on check further found that almost all the screws in the strip were loose. Furthermore, they were also very short. They have either been sheared off by too much torque in the power tool or they we cut off to not go in too deeply. By short I mean 1/4 in. or less of thread on what might have been a 1/2 in. sheet metal screw.

I am interested if anyone else has loose screws (in this metal strip I mean, other interpretations being very subjective and may be related to having a DP ) and also the length of the screws installed. Using a probe there is something in the screw holes but I don't know whether it is the rest of a sheared off screw or if it is something I should not be drilling int. So I am unsure of whether to drill and put in a longer and/or oversize screw. Since the bolts for the sofa seat belts are attached in this same area it is probably OK to drill in this area.

You may want to check how tight the screws are in this area on your Palazzo because if the same person over-torqued mine it is a good possibility you will have the same issue. Please report results of your checks.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #111

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
More info on the loose screws.
I checked the small slide and was surprised to see how many screws are there compared to the large slide. Some were slightly loose but none were broken. the screws are actually 1 in self-driving wood screws.

Going back to the large slide I found two that were not broken and they are the same size as on the small slide. So I don't know whether it is worth drilling out the broken screws or if I should just drill new holes in the metal strip for the new screws.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #112

Checked mine, they are okay on both slides
Closed Thread