Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #1107

Wow. What a poor design. Most mattresees aren't designed to take those wide fluctuations in temperature.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
I have an appt in late Sept for our 6000 mile initial service on our 2013 33.2. We have been quoted a price of $700 plus $150 for an alignment.
What did you all have done that makes it so much less expensive?

Just curious as to the difference in cost. What might they be doing that might not be required.
I received a couple of discounts that reduced my invoice;

1. My chassis build date was February 2012 and when I called Freightliner in Gaffney they told me at if I made an appointment in February of 2013 there was a 10% discount for work done in February. February is a slow time of the year so they offer a 10% discount to get people to schedule in this slow month.

2. I am a member of Freightliner Chassis Owners Club (FCOC) and members get 10% discount on work done at participating Freightliner shops.

If you are the ORIGINAL OWNER of a motorhome on a Freightliner Chassis, your first year of membership will be paid by Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC). In order to join this chapter you must first be an FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) member in good standing. New members eligible for their free first year membership, please go to: FCOCRV.ORG, click the Membership button, then select Join FCOC and follow the instructions. After you have completed your data in each section, print a copy of your information and forward it to:

Freightliner Corporation
c/o FCOC Membership
552 Hyatt Street
Gaffney, SC 29341

If you are interested in joining please go to the following WEB site for more information. FCOC: Welcome to the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club After the first year your annual dues is $10.00 or a 5 year renewal is $45.00.

Note: You must be a member of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) to join FCOC because they are a chapter of FMCA.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsider View Post
Wow. What a poor design. Most mattresees aren't designed to take those wide fluctuations in temperature.
Does it get warm/hot under the bed...yes but not any more than a closed up coach in the summer time. Sometimes my DW and Grandkids lay on the bed while we are driving and with the A/C running it is comfortable. Things under the bed get warm but nothing melts...it is not that hot. In the winter time this engine heat is welcomed!

This Thursday I depart for another trip and I will place a thermometer under the bed to get an exact measurement as to how warm it gets and report my findings.

We only store blankets, suitcases, Crockpot (because it will not fit anywhere else) extra towels/sheets, etc. Nothing that can't stand a little heat.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #1110

Thor Owners Club
INVERTER COMPARTMENT FAN

Just got off the phone with Thor. They indicated that the wrong thermostat got on the line and they have no way of tracking what VIN #'s were affected and as such were handling it on a one to one basis. The thermostat that was installed in my unit is marked F40-15C and if yours is the same, call Thor. They are sending me a new one that will be rated for 80 degrees. I explained that my dealer is 450 miles away so that is why it is being shipped directly to me.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #1111

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
INVERTER COMPARTMENT FAN

Just got off the phone with Thor. They indicated that the wrong thermostat got on the line and they have no way of tracking what VIN #'s were affected and as such were handling it on a one to one basis. The thermostat that was installed in my unit is marked F40-15C and if yours is the same, call Thor. They are sending me a new one that will be rated for 80 degrees. I explained that my dealer is 450 miles away so that is why it is being shipped directly to me.
Our compartment fan was installed during our THOR visit last month. It does run all the time. I checked and the only lettering I see is "SELCO CA100" on the small sensor. Hope I'm looking in the right place. It's mounted to the side of the inverter. There's also a 5 amp in-line fuse installed.
I don't see the F40-15C markings anywhere. (?)
Old 08-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #1112

Just some information to pass along to the Palazzo owners --
Just spoke with Freightliner in Gaffney, SC -- It was explained that the warranty period starts on the day you sign your paperwork for your Palazzo (no other date i.e., manufacture date, etc.)

As for recommended Freightliner service-: 1yr/15,000 miles is requried. No requirement for the 6 mo/ 6000 mile as per Sean @ Freightliner in Gaffney, SC.

Sean said there had been a problem at one time with gunk in some of the Mercedes Benz axles. It was recommended that the differential be flushed and the oil changed. That is no longer an issue so therefore they do not require the 6 mo/6000 service for the MB differential.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #1113

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Just spoke with Freightliner in Gaffney, SC -- It was explained that the warranty period starts on the day you sign your paperwork for your Palazzo (no other date i.e., manufacture date, etc.)

As for recommended Freightliner service-: 1yr/15,000 miles is requried. No requirement for the 6 mo/ 6000 mile as per Sean @ Freightliner in Gaffney, SC.

Sean said there had been a problem at one time with gunk in some of the Mercedes Benz axles. It was recommended that the differential be flushed and the oil changed. That is no longer an issue so therefore they do not require the 6 mo/6000 service for the MB differential.
Great info, thanks.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #1114

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

Our compartment fan was installed during our THOR visit last month. It does run all the time. I checked and the only lettering I see is "SELCO CA100" on the small sensor. Hope I'm looking in the right place. It's mounted to the side of the inverter. There's also a 5 amp in-line fuse installed.
I don't see the F40-15C markings anywhere. (?)
The subject sensor is above the compartment fan and hangs out of the wiring loom. It is a Thermodisc 1/2" round disc with two mounting ears. It is 12 volt so no problem pulling the connectors off the spade terminals. Mine has 36T22 561887 F40-15C S1217 written on it.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #1115

Quote:

Good information...thanks for sharing!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #1116

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:

chassis with what date do not need the 6 / 6 service ?

I just called 2 day's ago and they told me "Yes" you need the service at 6 month's or 6000 mile's to stay in warranty, they also said No oil or tran's fluid or filter change for that service.

what about the alignment warranty for the rear end ? that is suposed to be 6 month deal ?

we need to get this in writing so people don't void there warranty on here say

mike
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #1117

Evergreen Owners Club
OK I just called freightliner again , and they said 100 % YES we need the 6 month 6000 mile maintenance .

No oil change
No tran's change
no rear end oil change
these can be done at 1 year or 15,000 mile's

alignment check needed if you want repaired under warranty and all other lube point's need to be done at 6 month's 6000 mile's . He said if you want to skip it you can but if any of the part's fail they will not be covered under warranty .

I will spend the $ 500 to 600 and be on the safe side

mike
Old 08-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #1118

Question Service

I assume any Freightliner dealer can do the routine service 6 month or 1 year service. But then again I been to a Freightliner dealer who had no idea what to do with a motorhome. It's way too far for me to drive the S. Carolina for service. Any suggestions?

Iggy Konrad
2013 33.1
Old 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #1119

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
I assume any Freightliner dealer can do the routine service 6 month or 1 year service. But then again I been to a Freightliner dealer who had no idea what to do with a motorhome. It's way too far for me to drive the S. Carolina for service. Any suggestions?

Iggy Konrad
2013 33.1
Are you close to an Oasis Freightliner dealer? They know about motorhomes or at least they are supposed to.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post

Iggy Konrad
2013 33.1
I see you are from Big Bend Michigan? There are 3 Oasis Freightliner shops in Michigan;

FREIGHTLINER OF KALAMAZOO, INC
53449 MAIN STREET
MATTAWAN, MI 49071
www.freightliner-kalamazoo.com

GRAND TRAVERSE DIESEL SERVICE
194 MEMORIAL SOUTH COMMONS
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684

WOLVERINE FREIGHTLINER-WESTSID
3000 WILLIAMS AVENUE
YPSILANTI, MI 48198
www.wolverinewest.net

You can find a complete listing of all Oasis certified Freightliner shops at the following;

Oasis Network

I would suggest taking a copy of the service checklist with you and have them follow and sign off each item so you will have a record of what they did and it was in accordance with Freightliner's requirements.

Happy RVing!
Closed Thread