Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #1191

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
Are there any Palazzo owners planning to attend the GLAMARAMA on Sep't 18-22 at the Elkhart county 4-H Fairground, Goshen, IN? This is run through FMCA. Check the FMCA website for more information.

The Thor Diesel Club (TDC) is holding a Rally at the same place in Goshen on Oct. 6-11. Thor Motor Coach Customer Service (TMC) will be on site to do minor repair work on your coach regardless of your warranty status. Camp Freightliner will be held at the Rally on Oct. 11-12 only for TDC members. More info is available at the TDC website: Thor Diesel Club
Any Palazzo owners planning to attend the TDC Rally?

Iggy Konrad
2013 33.1
2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Thinking of attending the TDC rally. Wife wants to attending the drivers school.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #1192

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Height does not matter since the objective is just to separate the tire from the concrete or asphalt or whatever the coach is parked on.

A comfortable length would be 25", longer even better to avoid running off the back end. Just make sure to do as the Michelin pamphlet says and don't have any part of the tire hanging over an edge.

The mats have an interlocking capability and are 25" square. I would not even cut, just use one under each front tire and two interlocked under each dual.
I was looking on a boondocking forum and he was talking about horse stable mats that he had cut to size. These mats are one inch thick, made of recycled rubber. Relatively inexpensive. Check with your local Farm & Fleet.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
What does TDC stand for? Where is Goshen? So many clubs out there: (Thor Owners Club, Freightliners Owner Club, etc.) Can anyone tell me more about these clubs?
TDC (Thor Diesel Club). TDC is a chapter of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) therefore you must be a member of FMCA to join the TDC. The TDC is run by its members and is sponsored by Thor. If you are a new Thor diesel coach owner you get the first year free. Like any club they have rallies and provide a common bond around Thor, diesel powered coaches. I attended a TDC rally earlier this year in Eureka Spring, AR and we had a wonderful time and met a lot of very nice people.

FCOC (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) like the TDC you get the first year of membership free and it is $10 a year ($45 for 5 years). It is run by its members and is sponsored by Freightliner Custom Chassis. It is also a chapter of FMCA therefore you must be a member of FMCA. Being a member you get 10% discounts at participating Frightliner service shops...one service trip and you get your dues back plus! In addition you get discounts from O'Reilly's Auto Parts and because Freightliner is owned by Mercedes your get discounts at Chrysler like an employee which could save you thousands if you are in the market for a Jeep or Chrysler product. We attended their last rally in Sturgis (75 coaches) and it was great!

If you are a Palazzo owner I strongly suggest that you join these 3 clubs (FMCA, TDC, and FCOC) for the reasons mentioned above.

If you have any additional questions please let me know?

Safe Travels!
Jack
Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #1194

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Go when is in Indiana SE of Elkhart.

From what I have seen on other forums plan on filling your diesel tank before and after being in Indiana.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Go when is in Indiana SE of Elkhart.

From what I have seen on other forums plan on filling your diesel tank before and after being in Indiana.
Curious as to "why" on both --
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #1196

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
I was looking on a boondocking forum and he was talking about horse stable mats that he had cut to size. These mats are one inch thick, made of recycled rubber. Relatively inexpensive. Check with your local Farm & Fleet.
why do you need such thick mat's ?
I thought a read that just a layer of plastic would work " maybe not " ?

what about 1/4 inch recycled rubber mat ?

thank's
mike
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #1197

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
why do you need such thick mat's ?
I thought a read that just a layer of plastic would work " maybe not " ?

what about 1/4 inch recycled rubber mat ?

thank's
mike
Mike,

What I heard was that any layer of plastic would be sufficient. Just make sure that it is larger than the footprint of your tire. Something that will not absorb water will work. Wood is not recommended. From what I was told is that the rubber compound in the tires should not be exposed to material that has moisture or can absorb moisture (such as wood or cloth type materials).

I would think that your 1/4 inch recycled rubber mat would work just fine.

Gary
Old 08-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #1198

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Curious as to "why" on both --
Oops, how did Goshen get changed? It was in answer to a previous post asking the location of Goshen for the TDC rally.

RVers are having issues with using truck pumps in Indiana due to the way fuel tax is structured. It is complicated and there is long discussion in the Motorhome forum.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #1199

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Mike,

What I heard was that any layer of plastic would be sufficient. Just make sure that it is larger than the footprint of your tire. Something that will not absorb water will work. Wood is not recommended. From what I was told is that the rubber compound in the tires should not be exposed to material that has moisture or can absorb moisture (such as wood or cloth type materials).

I would think that your 1/4 inch recycled rubber mat would work just fine.

Gary
Thank's , they seem to be sold at most big box store's so easy to get and not much money
Old 08-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #1200

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
TDC (Thor Diesel Club). TDC is a chapter of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) therefore you must be a member of FMCA to join the TDC. The TDC is run by its members and is sponsored by Thor. If you are a new Thor diesel coach owner you get the first year free. Like any club they have rallies and provide a common bond around Thor, diesel powered coaches. I attended a TDC rally earlier this year in Eureka Spring, AR and we had a wonderful time and met a lot of very nice people.

FCOC (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) like the TDC you get the first year of membership free and it is $10 a year ($45 for 5 years). It is run by its members and is sponsored by Freightliner Custom Chassis. It is also a chapter of FMCA therefore you must be a member of FMCA. Being a member you get 10% discounts at participating Frightliner service shops...one service trip and you get your dues back plus! In addition you get discounts from O'Reilly's Auto Parts and because Freightliner is owned by Mercedes your get discounts at Chrysler like an employee which could save you thousands if you are in the market for a Jeep or Chrysler product. We attended their last rally in Sturgis (75 coaches) and it was great!

If you are a Palazzo owner I strongly suggest that you join these 3 clubs (FMCA, TDC, and FCOC) for the reasons mentioned above.

If you have any additional questions please let me know?

Safe Travels!
Jack
Thanks for the explanation Jack. I am looking forward to be able to attend the Myrtle Beach Rally April 27- May 2 2014.

Meanwhile I expect there will be some Palazzo owners at the Good Sam rally in Atlanta October 17-20. I will not be camping there but hope to be able to visit on October 19th.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #1201

Thor Owners Club
I doubt there is anyone as newbie or as green as me, but just in case, I'm posting this article I found on leveling. I am mainly interested in how to level a motorhome for long term storage. I found this to be rather informative, although it doesn't provide any measurements, I can still get an idea from the photos included,

The RV Doctor: Keeping It On the Level - Simple Steps to Leveling Your RV
Old 08-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #1202

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I doubt there is anyone as newbie or as green as me, but just in case, I'm posting this article I found on leveling. I am mainly interested in how to level a motorhome for long term storage. I found this to be rather informative, although it doesn't provide any measurements, I can still get an idea from the photos included,

The RV Doctor: Keeping It On the Level - Simple Steps to Leveling Your RV
I think that the article was intended for leveling for a short period of time like at campgrounds. For long term storage place some sort of nonporous barrier between the tire and the wooden block. One item you could use are the plastic cutting sheets that are for in kitchen for cutting, slicing, etc.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #1203

Found out yesterday my 33.2 moved out of paint last Wednesday. Will find out on Monday if it will be released for delivery next week. The wait is almost over.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #1204

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
Found out yesterday my 33.2 moved out of paint last Wednesday. Will find out on Monday if it will be released for delivery next week. The wait is almost over.
the wait always seem's so long even when it's not
you will love your new coach

mike