RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
Found out yesterday my 33.2 moved out of paint last Wednesday. Will find out on Monday if it will be released for delivery next week. The wait is almost over.
I've got a 33.2 we are 30 mile west of you. Glad to have another Palazzo owner. Where did you buy yours at?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #1206

Evergreen Owners Club
here's a funny one ,

when I went to bring my coach back to storage yesterday with new dolly a man was admiring my coach "and of course I was happy about it " so he asked questions and I answered with a smile , then come's the part about the motor and I tell him it's a diesel pusher with air brake's and suspension and then take him inside to look around. and he liked the floor plan minus the bunk's so I told him the 33.2 is for him , well he's say's is this priced between $ 250 and $ 300 k and I said NO around half that " $150k ", Now he has a big smile on his face and is going to look at a few at the dealer and possibly buy one .

I guess the moral of the story is if someone hasn't looked into DP's they think they cost a lot more then they do. I also told him he can buy one for the $ 300k range and it will have more glamour inside and he was was more then happy with the palazzo interior as I am also

mike
Old 08-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
here's a funny one ,

when I went to bring my coach back to storage yesterday with new dolly a man was admiring my coach "and of course I was happy about it " so he asked questions and I answered with a smile , then come's the part about the motor and I tell him it's a diesel pusher with air brake's and suspension and then take him inside to look around. and he liked the floor plan minus the bunk's so I told him the 33.2 is for him , well he's say's is this priced between $ 250 and $ 300 k and I said NO around half that " $150k ", Now he has a big smile on his face and is going to look at a few at the dealer and possibly buy one .

I guess the moral of the story is if someone hasn't looked into DP's they think they cost a lot more then they do. I also told him he can buy one for the $ 300k range and it will have more glamour inside and he was was more then happy with the palazzo interior as I am also

mike
You messed up. Sell him yours for $250K. Lol
Old 08-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I've got a 33.2 we are 30 mile west of you. Glad to have another Palazzo owner. Where did you buy yours at?
Got it at CW in Greenwood. I negotiated between CW and Total RV in Elkart and CW won out in the end. Sales manager told me last week that if Thor can't deliver within 2 days of release he is going to go up and get it.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #1209

Quote:

Got it at CW in Greenwood. I negotiated between CW and Total RV in Elkart and CW won out in the end. Sales manager told me last week that if Thor can't deliver within 2 days of release he is going to go up and get it.
We went the other way around. We talked to Greenwood. But we bought from Total Value. We have owned 3 coaches and we bought all three from Total Value.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #1210

Quote:

We went the other way around. We talked to Greenwood. But we bought from Total Value. We have owned 3 coaches and we bought all three from Total Value.
Just got mine out of the barn. We are heading to Iowa tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #1211

Quote:
Just got mine out of the barn. We are heading to Iowa tomorrow.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Hope we can cross paths sometime in the near future.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1212

Quote:

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Hope we can cross paths sometime in the near future.
Thank. If you have any questions on the 33.2. Pm me and I'll give you my phone. We have 19,000 miles on ours. Love it. Yep and got the RV to the house and decided to leave tonight. Lol. Got to hook the car and be on the road in 20 minutes
Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #1213

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
You messed up. Sell him yours for $250K. Lol
I just got it
Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #1214

Quote:
Thank. If you have any questions on the 33.2. Pm me and I'll give you my phone. We have 19,000 miles on ours. Love it. Yep and got the RV to the house and decided to leave tonight. Lol. Got to hook the car and be on the road in 20 minutes
Safe travels! 19000 miles, impressive! We got home this afternoon and will be headed out again in 2 1/2 weeks. We just rolled over 12500 miles.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #1215

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post

why do you need such thick mat's ?
I thought a read that just a layer of plastic would work " maybe not " ?

what about 1/4 inch recycled rubber mat ?

thank's
mike
He was using them for pads under the jacks. Seems like a good multipurpose item.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1216

Thor Owners Club
Indy, your 33.2 must be neighbors with my 36.1 as we, too, are waiting for delivery next week. The anticipation is killing us. That, and the fact that we have no clue how to operate a DP.

While researching something completely unrelated, I clicked on a link to my state's DMV and learned that my husband and I will have to get a different class license to operate our RV legally in the state of Maryland. Any motorhome with a GVWR over 26,000 requires a class A or B non-commercial license. According to Thor's website, the 36.1 is 28,000.

First we must apply for learner's permits. After a minimum of two weeks, the testing process requires the owner to go around the exterior of the coach with the instructor and point out all the different systems, especially those that might leak, explain the workings of the air brake system, among others, and then complete a driving test. I'm not worried about the latter since I do most of the driving on our gasser, but I certainly wasn't expecting to know, let alone explain, all the various systems of the DP well enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about, LOL.

I am banking on my final walk through, video camera in hand, to help me get through this learning curve. Thank goodness for this forum and the graciousness of all you kind folks who give me hope and courage!

Thanks so much to all of you for all your help with my leveling questions
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #1217

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Since our tires are over 8" wide a 2x6 is not nearly enough, at least 10" wide and then you need to be careful to center it so nothing hangs over the edge. With dual rears you will need 6 of them and of course pressure treated lumber for outdoor use. You will find it easy to go right over them if they are not long enough.

Here is another option. The big box stores sell packages of anti-fatigue floor mats for use in garages and workshops. I have seen them in plain gray packages of 4 and very colorful packages larger. They are easy to cut to a desired size and i use them for knee pads when checking tire pressure, utility bay setup/disconnect, or any other time I want to avoid knee on the the hard pavement, ground, or sharp gravel.
Jerry, are these the kind of anti-fatigue mats you were referring to? Would these work?

Grease-Proof Anti-Fatigue Mat - 3' x 3' - Sam's Club
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #1218

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post

Jerry, are these the kind of anti-fatigue mats you were referring to? Would these work?

Grease-Proof Anti-Fatigue Mat - 3' x 3' - Sam's Club
Probably but the link just takes me to the SAMs Club home page.
I get them from Lowes. Could be the same thing or packaged differently.
It really isn't a significant thing for short term storage. You have a more important learning curve with air suspension, brakes, exhaust brake, electrical systems, etc.

If you have not already done so plan on Camp Freightliner.
Closed Thread