Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #113

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good to know it is not a universal problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #114

I will check mine when the rain stops. we have had @5 days of pouring rain.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #115

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry everyone have been busy here with work, the last 2-months renovated 2.5 homes. I love my palazzo 33.3 only issue was the large slide was acting up, found it to be the remote for the charger/ inverter went bad it has been replaced and seems to be working fine now, longest trip so far was from Harrisburg, pa to the finger lakes in New York, to Niagara falls and then back, no issues with the trip and love the way it handles the road/ and toad. Will be leaving the beginning of march to head to Florida for a month and stay at a friends house in their driveway.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #116

FMCA/FCOC Rally - Gillette & Sturgis

Anyone planning to attend the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club Rally in Sturgis 6/24 - 6/28?

This rally follows the FMCA rally in Gillette Wyoming which we are attending also.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #117

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I wish I could.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #118

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't think that we will make it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #119

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i dont think i will make the rally, wish there were some closer to me (harrisburg,pa)
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #120

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok after finally having time to read through all these pages on here i found out that it seems that i have the only 33.3 bunkhouse, and that i havent had the same issues as others have, but do got to add keep an eye on the remot control for the inverter/ charger mine was getting hot to the touch and was told it was normal after a month it quit and left me with dead batteries, it was replced and things seam to be working fine now, i have had rattles and thigs but nothing after about 150 miles, and my large slide is nice and straight and seals tight top botto and sides. well safe travels and have fun everyone will keep posted but my job keeps me busy
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #121

Hey guys, lots of great info on here. I'm looking seriously at a 36.1, but have a concern about the towing ability. I know it says it can tow 10,000 lbs, but can it really? I have a 28' box trailer with a 2500 lb car and a gator in it, I have a F450 now that I pull it with.

I'm looking at the 36.1 or a 2008ish fleetwood revolution with the bath and a half or a tiifin bath and a half from the same year or so.

So i guess my question is two part, has anyone towed 9k lbs with a palazzo and if so how was it?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #122

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris1809 View Post
Hey guys, lots of great info on here. I'm looking seriously at a 36.1, but have a concern about the towing ability. I know it says it can tow 10,000 lbs, but can it really? I have a 28' box trailer with a 2500 lb car and a gator in it, I have a F450 now that I pull it with.

I'm looking at the 36.1 or a 2008ish fleetwood revolution with the bath and a half or a tiifin bath and a half from the same year or so.

So i guess my question is two part, has anyone towed 9k lbs with a palazzo and if so how was it?

Thanks!
The hitch is rated at 10K but that is not tow capacity. Look at the difference between GVWR and GCVR for more realistic capacity.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The hitch is rated at 10K but that is not tow capacity. Look at the difference between GVWR and GCVR for more realistic capacity.
Thanks.

GCWR - GVWR = tow capacity (right?) What about all the 'stuff' inside the coach? Which one does that fall into?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris1809 View Post
Thanks.

GCWR - GVWR = tow capacity (right?) What about all the 'stuff' inside the coach? Which one does that fall into?
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is coach and all contents, fuel, water, people, etc which can’t exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rated (GVWR) for model 36.1 is; 28,000 lbs.
Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) is the maximum allowable weight of the loaded vehicle, including optional equipment, occupants, luggage or cargo, hitch, and trailer tongue weight. A vehicle’s GCWR should never be exceeded. For model 36.1 is; 33,000 lbs.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #125

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is coach and all contents, fuel, water, people, etc which can’t exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rated (GVWR) for model 36.1 is; 28,000 lbs.
Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) is the maximum allowable weight of the loaded vehicle, including optional equipment, occupants, luggage or cargo, hitch, and trailer tongue weight. A vehicle’s GCWR should never be exceeded. For model 36.1 is; 33,000 lbs.
Not quite correct. . GCWR is the combined weight of everything going down the road. Trailer tongue weight is not a factor. A 36.1 loaded to 26,000 pulling a 9,000 trailer would be 35-33= 2000 over GCWR.

For towing purposes the manufacturers' GCWR is a more useful measure as it takes into account the limitations of the engine and its systems (lubrication and cooling) and the transmission, drive train, axles, differential gears, frame, and suspension, which need to handle the working loads generated by moving the tow vehicle and its passengers and the towed trailer and its load, and the safe working capacity of the vehicles braking components.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Not quite correct. . GCWR is the combined weight of everything going down the road. Trailer tongue weight is not a factor. A 36.1 loaded to 26,000 pulling a 9,000 trailer would be 35-33= 2000 over GCWR.

For towing purposes the manufacturers' GCWR is a more useful measure as it takes into account the limitations of the engine and its systems (lubrication and cooling) and the transmission, drive train, axles, differential gears, frame, and suspension, which need to handle the working loads generated by moving the tow vehicle and its passengers and the towed trailer and its load, and the safe working capacity of the vehicles braking components.
Jerry,

You are correct on the tongue weight point. This statement was a cut and paste from a defination I searched on the internet and I did not read it close enough. Thanks for pointing it out!

Jack
Closed Thread