RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #1289
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Yep
Attach/locks to the power cable. Lock the pedestal with a cable lock.
Currently I do not lock my surge protector but from what I am reading and talking to a few other RVers I guess I need to start locking it up...
TheArnolds is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #1290
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Currently I do not lock my surge protector but from what I am reading and talking to a few other RVers I guess I need to start locking it up...
I lock mine. Either I lock the electrical box on the pedestal closed or I have a cable that I wrap around the pedestal and lock it to the surge protector. Just a little insurance to keep wandering hands away.
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
gmadams is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #1291
Senior Member
 
StevieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 618
I locking with two chains. I would be careful about locking the hasp on the box. A couple years ago we had an incident that we had to cut the power quickly.

We love our coach !!
__________________
Steve and Connie F421161, GS Life Mbr, TDC, FCOC
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2, Pinot Noir, Sophie, Little One
Fiat Trekking, Blue Ox, Army 6/32 Arty VN 12/69 - 1/71
StevieD is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #1292
Member
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Averill Park, NY
Posts: 52
My fridge has 2 shelves and looks bare. Is this the number of shelves it comes with? Also the refrigerator door hits the slide out (slide out is open) and it takes a lot of twisting and turning to move a shelf from one height to another. I actually broke the light bulb trying to remove a tray. Is anyone else experiencing this?
__________________
2017 Avenger ATI QB17
2016 Nissan Frontier SE
2013 33.1 Palazzo
Dalez is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #1293
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
My fridge has 2 shelves and looks bare. Is this the number of shelves it comes with? Also the refrigerator door hits the slide out (slide out is open) and it takes a lot of twisting and turning to move a shelf from one height to another. I actually broke the light bulb trying to remove a tray. Is anyone else experiencing this?
What model do you have?
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #1294
Senior Member
 
Berlin Kid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
My fridge has 2 shelves and looks bare. Is this the number of shelves it comes with? Also the refrigerator door hits the slide out (slide out is open) and it takes a lot of twisting and turning to move a shelf from one height to another. I actually broke the light bulb trying to remove a tray. Is anyone else experiencing this?
The shelves are a PITA. My door also hits with the slide out. Just a little more clearance would allow the door to open a little further and the shelves could be manipulated without interference from the door gasket. Don't try to engage the shelf at the front. There is a notch in the slide rail near the rear. Angle the shelf and drop the catch at the rear of the shelf into the notch. With some manipulation you can get the opposite side to drop. It isn't easy. Yes, there are only two shelves. Good luck.
__________________
Jim & Sandy, Columbus, OH
2018 Thor Aria 3601
FMCA-F434648, TDC, FCOC
Berlin Kid is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #1295
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Locks Locks Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Currently I do not lock my surge protector but from what I am reading and talking to a few other RVers I guess I need to start locking it up...
I also lock up my surge protector. Unfortunately this is what we have become. With the cost of units such as these running into the hundreds of dollars they are just too much of a temptation for some. I lost a $50 item at a medium sized rally where I believed it would never have happened.

I also have locking pins on my toad hookup. It is my understanding rv'ers have experienced some one pulling the locking pins or clasps from the tow bar pins while at rest stops, Wal-Mart, or where left unattended which results in loosing your toad after a few miles on the road. One just has to try and stay ahead of some people.

In the mean time we love traveling in our Palazzo!!!!

ERStarck 33.2
ERStarck is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #1296
Senior Member
 
mikebrls's Avatar
 
Evergreen Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: W palm beach ,Fl
Posts: 642
Question : we are looking at staying at the Liberty Harbor RV Park across from New York City in March , and you can catch the ferry or bus into the city , so i was thinking of leaving the toad home since I don't think I will need it .
any thought's on this ?

Thank you
mike
__________________
Mike , Fre & daughter Kimberly , 2 dog's name Marly & Zorra , 2014 Palazzo 33.3 , Jetta TDI & Acme tow dolly ,Goodsams, Koa , Still learning
mikebrls is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #1297
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
Question : we are looking at staying at the Liberty Harbor RV Park across from New York City in March , and you can catch the ferry or bus into the city , so i was thinking of leaving the toad home since I don't think I will need it .
any thought's on this ?

Thank you
mike
There is a ferry that docks right there. Maybe 75 yard from your RV. We didn't use it. We walked maybe 5 blocks and got on the train (subway). They may called it the Path or something. Once you get on that train you can get about anywhere I guess. We also took a bus tour of New York. They picked us up right at the RV park (marina). The RV park will schedule that for you. We alway take out toad but we for sure did not use it there!!
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #1298
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

There is a ferry that docks right there. Maybe 75 yard from your RV. We didn't use it. We walked maybe 5 blocks and got on the train (subway). They may called it the Path or something. Once you get on that train you can get about anywhere I guess. We also took a bus tour of New York. They picked us up right at the RV park (marina). The RV park will schedule that for you. We alway take out toad but we for sure did not use it there!!
The bus tour was of New York City not New York. Ha. They have a guide that explains everything as you go by it. It also takes you to the Twin Tower site also and explains quite a lot about that. About 4 hr tour I think longer if you chose to go to Liberty Island.
ChallengerRN is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #1299
Member
 
Oliver-Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 78
Frig issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
My fridge has 2 shelves and looks bare. Is this the number of shelves it comes with? Also the refrigerator door hits the slide out (slide out is open) and it takes a lot of twisting and turning to move a shelf from one height to another. I actually broke the light bulb trying to remove a tray. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Our frig also hits the slide while it's in. We've replaced 2 recirculating fan motors. The freezer works fine but the recirculating fan, which moves cool air to the frig, have quit. Both times were under warranty but the next time will cost us about $300. Here's hoping there is not a next time.

2013 33.1
2010 Clubman S MINI Cooper
Oliver-Max is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #1300
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post

Our frig also hits the slide while it's in. We've replaced 2 recirculating fan motors. The freezer works fine but the recirculating fan, which moves cool air to the frig, have quit. Both times were under warranty but the next time will cost us about $300. Here's hoping there is not a next time.

2013 33.1
2010 Clubman S MINI Cooper
We have a 33.1. Our frig door does not hit anything with the slide out. Don't understand why or how yours does.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #1301
Senior Member
 
gmadams's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 1,579
This weekend I decided that I would wash and then wax the Palazzo since the temperature is pleasant and the humidity is low. I'm halfway through and I hope this fantastic weather holds out until I finish. It is quite a job but it needed it as she sits outside all the time.
__________________
Gary and Kay & Chipper
2018 Thor Tuscany 38SQ
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
gmadams is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #1302
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
This weekend I decided that I would wash and then wax the Palazzo since the temperature is pleasant and the humidity is low. I'm halfway through and I hope this fantastic weather holds out until I finish. It is quite a job but it needed it as she sits outside all the time.
Got home yesterday. Got out early today washed mine. Had it put away in the barn at 8am. No wax just wash. Head out again Friday AM. LOVIN THAT PALAZZO!!
ChallengerRN is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.